The combination of a kitchen and a living room is new-fashioned and comfortable, when you do not have to huddle in small rooms, puzzle over the accommodation of guests and try to fit your favorite furniture into a limited space. This option provides many opportunities to translate into reality any idea and style. Let's talk today about the design of the living room kitchen in 17 sq m with zoning, such interiors can be viewed in the presented photos.
Kitchen with dining and living room in a single space of 17 sq. M. meters
Functional areas of the kitchen-living room
In the kitchen-living room of 17 square meters there are two main functional parts. The kitchen area is traditionally designed for cooking. Along with the furniture, home appliances and washing are installed here. The second part of the room is occupied by a living room area or a place for family rest and reception of guests. Therefore, a soft corner, armchairs, shelves for books, a coffee table, a TV are needed here. The dining group can be in any of the zones or be completely absent if the hosts have lunch at the existing bar counter.
In the same space, the working area, dining and recreation area are adjacent.
Sometimes the question is whether it is necessary to allocate a kitchen set and a cooking zone in such an interior or, on the contrary, to make everything not very noticeable. And that, and other point of view have a place to be.
In the first case, the available kitchen area is carefully planned on the existing meters, and a decoration that matches or contrasts with the design of the living room is selected. Furniture set and household appliances become an integral part of the whole room.
Kitchen and dining table in bright colors in the living room kitchen
Another option is convenient for those who cook a little and prefer to eat out. The kitchen area in such a room looks invisible. Furniture is chosen simple and without decorations to match the walls. Cabinets without handles and all sorts of finishes seem to merge with the background, on which elements of the living area will look advantageous. All appliances are hidden in the built-in wardrobes. Examples of the design of the kitchen-living room of 17 square meters look at the photo.
Facades without handles look very stylish in the interior of the kitchen-living room, without distracting from the main elements
Rules for combining kitchen and living areas
Having separate rooms, it is not so difficult to fill them with special furniture and appliances, but what about when you have to combine several zones with different functions in the same room? To prevent such a union from looking too coarse and unnatural, you need to follow a few recommendations:
- Combining the interior of the kitchen-living room into a single whole will help the wall decoration with echoing or common colors. For example, the tone of the kitchen can be repeated on one of the walls in the living room. Or the whole room is made in the same color scheme, and the decor elements in both key areas are in uniform contrasting colors.
- In many classical and modern design styles, a technique is used when furniture of one collection is purchased for allocated zones. And now the gilded details of the kitchen set echo the exquisite decoration of the coffee tables and the sofa.
- You can combine space when adapting different furniture elements to each other. This can be a worktop, smoothly turning into a bar, or the use of a single material for the dining table, shelves in the living room and coffee table.
- There are some design tricks to hide the kitchen equipment in the cabinets. And such irreplaceable items as the sink and hob are located in places that are visually inaccessible. For example, behind the bar or corner cabinet.
- Another example of the integration of kitchen into the living room space is the use of not adapted kitchen furniture, but its adapted version. For example, instead of the usual chairs, designer analogs are purchased or they are replaced with chairs, Voltaire or others with a vintage base.
- And for the shelves of the kitchen, open shelves with a looser design are used.
- The TV, as the main decoration of the New Year's table and a favorite interlocutor of many people, will be appropriate in both areas. Moreover, if there is a large panel in the living room, it is unlikely that another television unit will be needed in the kitchen area. Thus, electronic equipment can also act as a common denominator in the interior of the kitchen, combined with the living room of 17 sq m, as in the photo.
The dining area is highlighted by photo murals on the wall, while all the zones are united in white and harmoniously complement each other.
Important! Separating zones and arranging furniture it is desirable to maintain a single style. Even in the absence of any design direction, the overall component should pass through both key areas. Too sharp differences in the kitchen and living room will create a visual dissonance.
Brown wooden furniture looks very stylish and organic in the interior of the kitchen-living room.
Receptions zoning kitchen-living room
We told what methods can be used to unite the main areas of the combined kitchen-living room, so that they do not look like two separate alien parts. But many owners prefer a clearer selection of boundaries. Someone is enough to put a sofa between the kitchen and living room, and someone erects a plasterboard construction.
Highlight key areas of the interior will help a variety of ways. So, some of them can be issued at the stage of repair and decoration of the room.
Due to the correct arrangement of furniture, the zones are visually separated from each other.
The easiest and most difficult way to zoning is to use color. It is carried out during the repair of the premises. In order to achieve harmony of shades you need to take into account the rules of the color wheel. You can trim the entire room in one color, and use a matching or contrasting shade for accessories.
The seating area is separated not only by the corner table, which is a continuation of the headset, but also by the color of the furniture.
If for key zones different colors are chosen, for example, orange for the kitchen and blue for the living room, then decorative elements of opposite shades will help to balance them. So, in the dining area, you can choose a tablecloth, upholstered chairs, a chandelier in blue tones. And for the recreation area to pick up orange lampshades for lamps, sofa cushions and blanket of the same color.
Kitchen set light olive shade well with the rest of the furniture, zoning room
Finishing the ceiling will also help highlight certain areas of the room. To do this, use:
- Multilevel plasterboard structures and stretched canvas will focus on the desired part of the kitchen-living room.
- Visually smash the space ceiling beams. They will also help to successfully beat the ventilation system.
- Ceiling arches adjust the square or rectangular shape of the room.
- You can use ceilings with different textures and colors.
Multi-level plasterboard ceiling in conjunction with the stretch canvas, zoning the interior of the kitchen-living room
Express the kitchen in the common room by using the floor:
- For the cooking zone, ceramic tiles are used that can withstand temperature extremes and high humidity. In the part of the interior where the recreation area is located, it would be appropriate to lay a laminate, parquet, carpet.
- For the kitchen area, you can mount a special podium. The floor, raised by 10-15 cm, will not only divide the functional zones, but also hide the eyeliner, pipes, and other communications.
The floor of different textures and colors in the interior of the living room kitchen is 17 square meters. meters
It will help to zone the space of any room and furniture. This method practically does not require costs, but it will be possible to change the sofa, chairs, table in some places, creating a new ensemble.
The bar counter can be either a continuation of the table, or a completely separate element located on the border of the zones. Such a stylish element has its advantages. On top or side mounted hanging baskets for dishes. If necessary, the rack can be used as an additional work surface or a small table for snacking. Here you can put two or three high bar stools.
In the kitchen-living room of 17 square meters will fit well and kitchen island. This is a multifunctional table, which is usually placed in the center of a large room. In our case, it will successfully rise on the border of the territories, creating an additional work surface and cabinets for dishes. And from the living room such an island can be equipped with another table top, turning it into a bar counter.
Kitchen design with a living room and a dining room of 17 sq m cannot be imagined without a dining group consisting of a large table and chairs. It can be put on the border of two key zones. Then do not have to resort to additional methods of zoning. And above the table in the form of a light curtain it is worth to place several lamps on long cords. They will comfortably illuminate the set table during family feasts or reception.
Upholstered furniture will help effectively and unobtrusively divide the area of the kitchen and living room. Usually, a sofa is deployed with a seat to a seating area. Besides the fact that this furniture is intended for the owners, during the visit of the guests it will serve as an extra bed.
Partitions Sliding Doors
Partitions may be different. For example, made of frosted glass on an aluminum frame, they are able to separate the two zones from each other, leaving the opportunity to see the people present in another part of the room. And if, like glass sliding doors, such partitions will be equipped with roller mechanisms, then, if desired, you can completely isolate the kitchen area, for example, during cooking.
Remember! Plasterboard partitions may have additional functions. For example, contain a large built-in aquarium, carry a television panel, have shelves for books and decorative gizmos.
Combined premises today are not uncommon. They provide an opportunity instead of small rooms to have large spacious areas that perform the same functions. In the case of a kitchen-living room, you can develop a unique interior that will organically include recreation, cooking, and dining areas. Each homeowner has the opportunity to add a corner for reading or playing children, a table for studying or working on a computer. Samples of kitchen design living room 17 square meters with zoning look at the photos presented.