Design curtains for the hall: the secrets of changing the interior
Since ancient times, the hall was considered the "face" of the whole house or apartment. Taking guests in the evenings, spending time with the family or simply resting after work, a person needs the coziness and comfort that are created by the common interior. Finishing the ceiling, walls, floors certainly play an important role in modern design. But the final design element are curtains.
The design of curtains for the hall should be special. His goal is to create a cozy atmosphere, comfort, warmth of space, to attract the views of strangers. To make the dream come true, long before the start of the renovation, you need to decide not only the style of the room, but also the beautiful curtains in the hall. You can choose the curtains yourself, or you can use the help of professional designers.
Features of various types of curtains
The choice of curtains is always left last. This is due to their large variety. So that they fit perfectly into the interior, it is important to combine with wallpaper, excellent material, simplicity in fixing and maintenance, and no defects.
Classic curtains, which represent a long, hanging fabric hinged, are particularly in demand on the market. They are sewn from one or more types of fabric. Subdivided into:
- Austrian (characterized by the presence of a looped fixation at the required height and folding assembly below);
- Japanese (designed for use on loggias and doorways). Look in the form of a descending / rising screen, holding on to a special mechanism;
- non-traditional curtains with different geometric shapes (asymmetric or in the form of triangles);
- cassette roll;
- Roman (made in the form of fabric, freely moving and folding harmonica fixed on the window structure);
Photo: cassette roll
Tip: be careful with roman blinds. They are not suitable for all types of interior. You should not use them in small living rooms, because they constrict the already small room space.
- curtains with lambrequins (mounted on the frame without the possibility of displacement);
- French (lush, folded, draping fabric canvases, characterized by semicircular shapes);
- theatrical (folded two-layer);
- Italian (not opening to the end of the window due to the connection at the top). The light enters the room through the diagonal "intercepted" gaps, made beautiful lacing;
- curtains with a simple drapery (in the form of a continuous cloth fabric, attached to the cornice, centered in the center);
- curtains in the "bishop's sleeve" style (their original decorative design resembles the shape of the sleeve of church servants);
- "Cafe" (mounted on the eaves, located in the center of the window). At the same time, the window remains open at the top and closed at the bottom.
Thus, the design of the room can be different: from Italian or French curtains in the lush sitting rooms to Roman or Japanese in small minimalist rooms.
Photo: curtains with lambrequin
The color scheme is selected according to individual customer preferences or can be universal. The first option provides curtains of neutral colors or a few tones of lighter / darker wallpaper. If you are looking for night draperies for the hall, it is recommended to stop the choice on dense fabrics of dark shades, for example, brown, blue, terracotta.
Tip: the color of the curtains must necessarily overlap with the interior.
If you like any "non-standard" color of the curtains, you can apply it by adding accessories to the interior in the form of a tablecloth, lampshade, bookshelf of the same shade.
Correctly selected curtains will help to hide minor defects of the hall. Keep in mind that curtains with vertical stripes can make a window, free in pastel colors increase the space, and a warm color palette gives the effect of additional light.
Choosing curtains for the living room, it is best to focus on the photos in the catalogs of well-known design companies.
How to combine beautiful curtains in the hall
Types of curtains and their designs are diverse, often consisting in addition to vertical and horizontal elements of flounces, ruff, lambrequins.
For a classic interior, expensive curtains made of heavy fabrics such as brocade, velvet, wool, and heavy silk will be more successful.
When making a guest in eco style, curtains will be appropriate, made of light natural flowing fabrics.
For design rooms in the style of "Provence" or "vintage" fit light with floral pattern in pastel colors.
Those who wish to decorate the interior of the living room in the English style, it is best to use curtains combining the color palette of the walls and furniture by buying beautiful curtains in the hall. Curtains on grommets will be appropriate here.
Photo: hall in classic style
Photo: Provence style hall
Photo: hall in the English style
Rules for choosing curtains for the hall
When choosing curtains in the hall, consider the following points:
- modern curtains of heavy materials are perfectly combined with light flowing translucent tulle;
- the design of the curtains for the hall should match the overall color scheme of the room;
- the color scheme should not differ from the interior of the room. It is better if it will be in harmony with household items, for example, with upholstered furniture.
Buying curtains, pay attention to their functionality. They must meet the following requirements:
- to be beautiful; - made of high-quality, durable, friable fabrics; - it is good to be erased, keeping an original form; - do not fade; - easy to clean from dirt; - succumb to washing in washing machines; - Do not fade in the sun.
The complete set of curtains consists of horizontal and vertical elements. The first includes the cornice and lambrequins, the second - a cloth. Massive blend well with tulle. The tulle coloring is selected taking into account the interior of the room.
Recently, designers have created composite curtains for night and day use, which have a complete look, but differing in minor details.
Curtains for a small living room
If the hall is small in size, it is advisable to match the curtains to the wallpaper. They should be monophonic or with small patterns scattered throughout the length. You can choose curtains with ribbons below. Visually increase the room will help curtains in the form of long multi-colored canvases. Curtains with a large pattern suitable for a wide hall with a high ceiling.
Photo: striped curtains will be a great solution for a small living room.
Curtains in a classic interior
Appropriate classic aesthetic curtains of silk, brocade, velvet. Solemnities and completeness will be given to the interior by curtains with lambrequins, hand-finished tulle, curtains with a discreet pattern.
Urban style can be created using neutral fabric tones or simple geometric patterns. The Oriental-style living room is ideally complemented by Japanese curtains, tulle and organza.
As a result, there should be a spacious comfortable lounge, which unites the texture of materials, decorations and color solutions. In the design of the main thing - to take into account the practicality and color of the room.
The ideal option is to choose a suitable guest option that combines the style of the interior and the creative possibilities of the owner of the dwelling. For example, you can display a decorative pattern simultaneously on the upholstery of furniture and wallpaper.
The end result depends on the desires of the owners and their capabilities. You can see how the future living room will look like in the photo of ready-made design solutions in the office of a construction organization or on the website.
We advise you to read: curtains in the interior of the hall 2016 (photo)