How to choose a chandelier to change the interior of the living room?
The living room is the most important room in a house or apartment, where the family spends most of their time relaxing, watching photos and TV. In the living room you arrange various family holidays or, after coming home, after a hard day’s work, enjoy your vacation in the cozy living room. You can talk a lot about the decor of the living room, but probably one of the key elements in the interior will be a chandelier, because lighting plays a big role.
The approach to the selection of chandeliers for the living room
When replacing the chandelier in the interior of the guest room, the room can play with completely different colors and colors, creating harmony and beauty. Correctly selected chandelier will emphasize all the charm of the living room, and otherwise, spoil the interior of the living room. You should not buy the first chandelier you like in the store, perhaps it is there that it looks good, but it simply will not work to create your interior. As a rule, the chandelier is located in the middle of the ceiling in order to illuminate the room evenly. To get started, choose a chandelier style, size, type of glow and type of lamp.
Choosing a chandelier for the living room, you should pay attention to the style in which it is made. Classification of chandeliers by style is as follows:
- classic style. Chandelier in the interior of the living room can be crystal, glass with several lamps, frame made of bronze or metal;
- for high-tech or modern style, chandeliers containing geometric forms made of glass, plastic or metal will perfectly fit into the interior;
- for the Gothic or Mediterranean interior of the living room chandeliers-candles are suitable;
- A multi-chandelier can be various shades in the color of the living room interior
Photo: classic style living room
Photo: hi-tech living room
Photo: multi-track chandelier in the color of the living room interior
Photos: Mediterranean style living room
Types and sizes of chandeliers
There are three types of designs: on an adjustable suspension, on a long bar or near the ceiling. As an additional lighting for the living room fit floor lamps and sconces. A huge role is played by the size of the chandelier, and it depends mainly on the area of your living room. The larger the room in size, the more massive the chandelier should be, and vice versa. Determine the desired size by arithmetic. Multiply the sum of the length and width of the room by 10, the result of the calculations will be the required diameter of the chandelier. To make the living room evenly lit, determine the number of horns and the intensity of the lamps (up to 20 W per 1 sq. M).
Tip: To make the chandelier in the interior of the living room not cause discomfort for your eyes, select the diffuse glow of the chandelier.
When choosing a chandelier with shades, give preference matte or darkened. If your living room is of light shades, then the chandelier and its elements should match the overall interior. An excellent option for a living room with a low or stretch ceiling would be to ceiling chandeliers. If the ceilings are high, then the design should be based on their desires, ceiling and hanging chandelier. The smaller the room, the simpler the structure itself should look, with a small number of tiers.
Photo: adjustable suspension chandelier
Photo: ceiling chandelier
Photo: chandelier on the bar
Types of chandelier lamps
Bulbs that are installed in the chandelier are also different:
- incandescent lamps;
If the living room is average in size, then, for example, an incandescent lamp can be chosen from a range of 150-330 watts. It is possible to use combinations of incandescent and halogen lamps. The result is mixed lighting.
Tip: When choosing a chandelier in the interior, give preference to those that are made of high-quality materials (glass, metal, crystal, porcelain, heat-resistant plastic).
There are several ways of lighting that can drastically change the interior of the living room:
- Ceiling chandeliers for the living room. On chandeliers spot several lamps are installed on the horizontal bar. Different from other chandeliers ability to rotate the paws in different directions. Lamps for these structures is better to choose halogen.
- Chandeliers on the strap or chain. They can be called classics of the genre. Simple hook fastening on the ceiling. The bar can be made of plastic or metal. Direction of ceiling lamps only two options up or down. In the fashionable and stylish chandeliers are used small lamps in the form of "candles". To save electricity buy better energy-saving LED lamps.
- Chandelier with adjustable suspension. An adjustable suspension chandelier is not a frequent element in the living room interior. Choose a chandelier with one or more shades and adjust their height yourself.
Popular types of chandeliers
In our country, many already have their taste preferences for the choice of chandeliers. Among the large variety, some models have long and firmly gained their popularity, and they can be seen on the pages of magazines in the photo. Popular chandeliers for the living room now look like this:
- chandeliers - modern, a huge selection of colors and various designs;
- crystal constructions are a classic variant for any interior;
- products in the style of "floristics", floral design complements your interior comfort;
- chandeliers with remote control, made using modern technologies, allow you to adjust the lighting and turn off the lights without getting up;
- chandeliers made from Swarovski crystals. The crystals perfectly reflect and spread the color.
Photo: crystal chandelier and chandelier in the style of floristics
Photo: Swarovski crystal chandelier and modern chandelier
The variety of chandelier models is surprising. And agree that the unusual design of the chandelier in the interior of the living room will bring some chic and exclusivity to the interior.