Brown is neutral, so it looks harmonious in any interior. It has long been used for decorative decoration of houses of aristocrats, nobles, symbolizing wealth, nobility. Brown curtains in the interior of the living room, which can be seen in the photo below, depending on the designer's design, will emphasize the formality of the conservative style, luxury, solemnity of modernity, laconic minimalism, originality of oriental style, balance the brightness of eclecticism.
Brown curtains help create an elegant and stylish design.
Features of the use of dark curtains
The brown color scheme in the interior design of the living room is a great opportunity. It does not focus on attention, is an excellent background, it is perfectly combined with many modulations of the color palette.
The color of coffee with cream is one of the warmest and most cozy.
Brown curtains in the interior of the living room, as in the presented photos, organically look in the interior of any living room.
- Neutral brown is an excellent background for the interior of the living room of almost any style;
- It is organically combined with many tones of the palette;
- Dark curtains are well protected from sunlight;
- Such curtains fill the room with a sense of warmth, tranquility, comfort.
Brown color creates a sense of security and peace
The drawbacks of brown curtains appear with a casual attitude to color, then this color can cause negative emotions.
- In rooms of a small area, dark tone should not prevail. Otherwise the room will seem gloomy, gloomy. Its inhabitants will be dejected, aggression.
- Small rooms with large brown curtains seem even smaller.
Brown curtains organically fit into the interior of the living room in a classic style.
Where better to use brown curtains
Dark color visually narrows the space. Small rooms seem cramped, cluttered. For smaller living rooms it is better to use light beige shades. Light portieres visually expanding the space, cast in gold or bronze glitter.
Golden notes in the interior of the living room in a classic style
Portieres of chestnut tones naturally blend in with furniture or flooring "under the tree." This is due to the universality of such curtains. They look harmonious if the furniture and floors are made of light wood. With the gray-brown tint of furniture or the floor in perfect harmony coffee curtains.
The pistachio-brown curtains complement the furniture and the floor brown.
Chestnut curtains organically fit into the interiors without wooden elements. But then you need to be careful about the combination of shades. Window decoration should not be excluded from the overall picture. Dark brown curtains work well for black and white decor. They add warmth to the interior, diversify the colors.
Cozy living room interior in chocolate tones
What colors do brown curtains harmonize with?
Such curtains are presented effectively next to walls of light shades of the same color (beige, light cappuccino, coffee, cream). Looks original if there is a red, turquoise, orange or green accent. This may be a sofa or just pillows, furniture, decor items.
Brown curtains look exquisitely in the interior of the living room in beige tones.
Tip! For brown curtains are well suited in the form of gold chains, metal clips.
Long curtains with grabs in the brown interior of the living room
Brown curtains in the living room interior get along with white, blue, light violet, green tones. Next to the purple and green walls, glossy drapes are interesting. Do not be afraid of combinations with pure shades. A stylish look is the use of several overflows of brown color schemes.
Note! It is not necessary to combine brown with black or gray.
How to combine different tones of brown
Dark classic curtains are good for a spacious living room, where they create an atmosphere of luxury and significance. For smaller living rooms, combined curtains are suitable. Tones can be combined vertically, horizontally, diagonally, in the form of geometric shapes. This can be a picture applied to the main background.
The most win-win combinations:
- The combination of white milky and coffee.
- The combination of beige and dark brown. For example, a dark pattern on a light background.
- Curtains, consisting of several panels. The blue or turquoise stripe is located between two brown. It will look stylish if the blue or turquoise color is supported by the same interior elements.
What to consider when choosing a fabric
- Fabric for window decoration according to the texture should match the style of the living room interior;
- To protect from the sun is better to choose thick fabrics. For example, blackout is almost opaque.
- For draping curtains, flowing soft fabrics are preferred.
- Velvet looks luxurious for large rooms, but it sits down strongly after washing and collects dust.
- Tapestry and brocade are easy to care for, they crumple a little, look great.
- For brown curtains are well suited in the form of gold chains, metal clips.
Brown curtains - it is fashionable, stylish, noble. They give the interior a subtle sophistication and completeness. Many shades allow designers to create unique living room projects. Color saturation allows you to do without numerous accessories. Photos of brown curtains in the interior of the living room can be seen below.