We can say that 18 square meters. m - the standard area for the bedroom-living room, photos with options for the design of such premises are popular in the network. A room of this size is small, however, and it is possible to organize the necessary space in it, with some effort.
The living area of 18 square meters is also used as a bedroom, thanks to the sofa with a folding mechanism.
Useful tips before repair
Thinking over the design of the bedroom-living room of 18 square meters. meters, it is necessary to consider all the nuances of such interiors. Considering where and what furniture to put, try to adhere to the principle of the golden mean - do not overload the design with unnecessary details. The abundance of trifles and decorative elements visually clutters up the interior.
The combination of 18 square meters of sofa and bed
Here are some helpful tips:
- A small living room will look more effective if you use pastel colors or bright shades. Light colors visually expand the space.
- If there is an opportunity, it will not be superfluous to install large windows - the sunlight will fill the interior with airiness and create a feeling of greater space.
- Do not put too much furniture, it looks cumbersome. It is better to choose a model-transformers.
- Large chandeliers visually reduce the height of the ceiling, so it is better to stop the choice on small models.
- To store things should use open shelves. In terms of roominess, they are not inferior to wardrobes and look much smaller.
- If you want to make repairs in one room 18 sq. M. m, turning it into a bedroom-living room, as a division into zones, you can choose to design the effect of a bright wall as in the photo. A wall contrasting in color with the others will highlight a bedroom or a living room area.
- If the ceilings seem low, they can be visually stretched using vertical stripes wallpaper. The ceiling itself should be lighter than the walls.
The use of pastel colors in the design of the bedroom-living room of 18 square meters. meters
Important! Glossy suspended ceilings seem higher due to the mirror effect.
Thinking over the design of the bedroom, combined with the living room, on an area of 18 square meters. m, you need to pay special attention to the walls, floor and ceiling. On such a small area, not everything will look spectacular.
The classic arrangement of the folding sofa with a coffee table with legs, which is easily moved aside
In the old apartments, located in Khrushchev, the ceilings are low, which visually makes the room smaller than it is. The layout of the apartments is typical, the architects are clearly guided by the rules of minimalism.
It is impossible to increase the height of the ceilings, but there are a number of techniques to make them higher. This is achieved through a skillful combination of colors and light. The ceiling itself can be two-color, where the central part is lighter than the perimeter. Luminaires mounted on the perimeter, also visually raise the ceiling. Copes well with its task and gloss. How do these techniques look in the interior of the bedroom and living room in the same room of 18 square meters. m, you can see in the photo.
Glossy stretch ceiling in the interior of the living room and bedroom in the same area
Try to avoid dark colors when trimming the ceiling. Do not use beams, stucco and multi-tiered structures - they literally reduce the height. Also it is necessary to abandon the massive chandeliers in favor of compact lamps.
Light, multi-level plasterboard ceiling in the living room-bedroom interior
For design of walls it is worth using mainly light shades. In the design of a small room can not be glued wallpaper with a large pattern and clear lines. It is also better not to take dark colors.
Important! The walls should always be darker than the ceiling.
The design of the living room-bedroom using blue and beige colors in the design of the walls
Modest dim drawings will make the interior of the bedroom-living room easier and airier. Stripes as a pattern is a popular means to visually expand the interior. Vertical stripes make the ceilings higher, while the horizontal visually pulls the room.
Wall decor in the living room-bedroom interior
Natural light wood and materials that imitate it work well for floor finishing.
The wooden floor will create a cozy atmosphere. In addition to wood, you can put a soft carpet, laminate, good linoleum. In open-plan apartments, it is better to choose one material for finishing the floor, so the interior will seem more spacious.
The floors of beige porcelain in the interior of the living room-bedroom 18 square meters
For the decoration of the bedroom and living room, combined in one room of 18 square meters. m, fit light shades like the following photos. Here are some tips on how and in what quantity different colors can be used:
- Red and its shades are only suitable for the decor of the guest area, in the sleeping area it will look annoying.
- Beige is suitable as a base. Warm shades of this color will give the interior more comfort and warmth. On a beige background any elements of the decor stand out effectively.
- Green is considered a soothing color. Bright shades for the bedroom should not be taken, but softer versions of green (marsh, grassy) are suitable as an additional color to a neutral base.
- White symbolizes purity, but in everyday life is too easily soiled. A search of white color will turn the living space into an operating room. If you still want to use more white for interior decoration, choose less aggressive shades - ivory or milky.
- Purple will give the interior a mystery. Dark shades are good in the guest area, while for the bedroom it is better to use lighter colors.
- Blue is one of the most soothing colors, it is great for the bedroom. The most effective combination of this color with white and beige.
- Orange and yellow are dynamic and bright. Design in such colors should be diluted with more relaxed shades or used only as accents. In the sleeping area, a small amount of orange will look good in combination with pearl gray, while for the guest it can be used more actively.
The combination of white and blue-gray, looks very advantageous in the interior of the living room bedroom
If you are going to use colors in the interior of the living room, combined with a bedroom of 18 square meters. m, as zoning, it is good to combine warm and cold shades at the same time as in the following photos. So, cool green and blue colors are suitable for the bedroom, and in the guest area you can arrange it with the help of golden and orange shades.
Scandinavian style bedroom living room design
Thinking over the design of the bedroom and the living room within one room with an area of 18 sq. M. m, it is worth considering that the furniture should be exactly as much as necessary. If you have the opportunity to refuse this or that piece of furniture - refuse. It is better to leave more light and space than to clutter up the interior. Practice shows that for a comfortable life in the living room combined with the bedroom, the following furniture set is enough:
- Bed and / or sofa;
- Small table;
- One or two chairs or soft puffs;
- Open shelves;
- Shelving for books.
The most important piece of furniture in the bedroom, living room is a folding sofa. Many, instead of buying a separate bed, prefer to use a sofa, which during the day works as intended and turns into a bed at night. If you are planning such an option, then you should not save on the sofa, it is better to get a quality model.
To save space, you can buy a corner sofa, it is convenient if there are a lot of people living in the apartment or you often arrange gatherings with friends. Some corner sofas have built-in shelves and drawers. Also pay attention to the presence of boxes for storing bed linen.
If you plan to clearly distinguish between the sleeping and guest areas, you can use several techniques. The simplest zoning method is the use of materials of different color and texture in each of the zones; there are more costly and time consuming options. You can see how you can zone a living room and a bedroom in a room of 18 squares in the photo.
Partition as a separator
One of the most popular options for partitions is a drywall construction, a wooden screen or a wall of glass blocks. Partitions not only clearly divide the room into two, but can also be supplemented with shelves, lamps and niches, which is very convenient. Partitions can be solid or partial.
Drywall arches are a light and airy alternative to solid partitions. The arches do not prevent the penetration of light, and the lancet variants visually stretch the walls upwards.
If the room has a niche of sufficient size, the bedroom can be placed right in it. Most often, the width of the niche is enough to accommodate a full bed. Glass sliding doors are good as partitions, they will not only hide a bedroom from strangers, but also allow sufficient light to penetrate inside.
A less expensive option is regular curtains, thick or transparent. The fabric does not affect the size of the room and does not hide extra centimeters. In the interior of a small room of 18 square meters. m for zoning the living room and bedroom can be used ordinary wardrobe or a light rack, placed on the border zones.
This is a very unexpected move, which will definitely not leave indifferent either the household or the guest. Especially this option may appeal to children. The meaning of vertical zoning in the location of a soft stove right below the ceiling. In such an improvised "nest" you can not only sleep at night, but also relax with a book during the day, sit on the Internet from a tablet or listen to music with headphones without disturbing the household. For such structures in the room must be high enough ceilings.
There is also a specially designed model of the bed with a lifting mechanism. On the day the bed rises to the ceiling, and goes down at night. This is a great find for the design of small rooms. Under the bed you can place a desk with a computer or a soft sofa. The bed rises and falls with the help of the console without any effort from the outside. This design great saves valuable space.
At the bottom of the bed is often mounted lights, which is used to illuminate the space below. The disadvantage of such a system is only one - its high price.
Color and textures
In addition to partitions, arches, curtains and furniture, you can divide a room into a bedroom and a living room using different colors. Sometimes it is enough just to vary the texture of the wallpaper and flooring. It is often possible to come up painting the wall and ceiling on the side of the bedroom in a contrasting color or using wallpaper with a pattern on the wall behind the bed.
If there is a glazed and insulated loggia, this is a great way to add a few meters to the square. Traditionally, loggias are used as a home greenhouse or pantry, however, instead you can set up a recreation area there by placing a small sofa and a coffee table there. If desired, the balcony can accommodate a study with a table and a compact bookcase. How will the design of the room 18 sq. M. m with a bedroom and living room, combined with a balcony, you can see the photo.
Important! Redevelopment of this kind requires coordination and obtaining permission from the relevant authorities. The project must pass the examination.
The choice of one or another variant of the design of the living room combined with the bedroom is influenced by such factors as area, height, availability of a loggia, as well as your personal taste and the amount of available funds. Place a full bedroom and guest area on the area of 18 square meters. meters difficult, but quite real.