Corporation Whirlpool Begins its history from the distant 1911. This is an American company engaged in the development of household appliances, since 1989 began its work in Europe. Pride, passion and quality - the slogan of her work, and the goal is to bring the technique Whirlpool to the homes of consumers around the globe. The heart of the corporation is in Michigan, the plants are located in a large number of countries around the world. There are representative offices in such countries as Great Britain, Hungary, Bulgaria, Poland, the Czech Republic, Portugal, Sweden, the Netherlands and, of course, Russia.
Features and benefits
Company Whirlpool produces modern appliances for the home, with high design and ergonomic qualities. When developing the manufacturer uses high-quality materials and the latest developments of world science and technology. The country in which the production is carried out may be different, because the corporation has factories in most European countries and in many of the world’s. Usually brand refrigeration Whirlpool shipped to Russia from Poland.
Brand products are distinguished by high energy efficiency. Energy class A +, common to all representatives of the refrigeration equipment from the brand, provides a fairly good economic efficiency in use, because it requires only about 370 kWh energy per year.
A good study of the parts and high-quality assembly elements allow you to automate all the work of the sensors that control and maintain the temperature mode. This reduces the need for human intervention in the system to a minimum. Devices constantly monitor and select the desired level of humidity and cooling. This feature is extremely useful in case of an emergency power outage or if the door to the fridge or freezer compartment is not accidentally closed. The equipment is able to maintain an autonomous acceptable temperature for about fifteen hours.
The devices are equipped with convenient flat-panel displays, to which all necessary information is displayed and the functions of the device are controlled. I must say that most of the brand's products have a large number of additional nice features in stock. This is, for example, an anti-icing system. "No frost", and a system of protection against children, rapid cooling and freezing, antibacterial and odor-eliminating filters, sound and light signals about opening doors or increasing the temperature.
The range of models of refrigerators from the brand is quite wide. It includes the usual designed classic models, as well as modern interesting design, which includes a huge number of functions.
So, Whirlpool products have the following advantages:
assembly reliability and high quality materials;
proven compressors from Embraco;
anti-icing system "No Frost";
high energy efficiency;
the mode of creating the optimum temperature and humidity;
large selection of design and functionality.
Due to its positive qualities, this company's refrigerators can work for a long time without interruptions and inconveniences for their owners.
Among the models of Whirlpool refrigerators there is a large number of samples with different external and internal parameters. Let's take a look at some of the most important characteristics of refrigeration equipment companies, provided to customers in such well-known stores as "El Dorado"and".M Video". At the moment, these are the three most popular models: BSNF 8121 OX, WTV 4125 NF W and WTV 4597 NFC IX.
- One of the most important characteristics of the refrigeration unit is its useful volume.. This parameter in most cases directly affects the final cost of the goods. The necessary dimensions of the apparatus depend on the needs of each particular family, the habits of harvesting products, the number of family members, the size of the kitchen, and so on. The sizes of the presented devices are rather large and have a good usable volume. At the model WTV 4597 the volume is 450 liters, of which 341 liters falls on the refrigerating chamber, WTV 4125 has a capacity of 406 liters, and BSNF 8121 - 356, which is the smallest of the models presented.
- The second most important parameter of technology is energy efficiency.. Classes of energy efficiency vary depending on the amount of electricity consumed by the device, and are marked in Latin letters from A to F. At the moment, the relevant classes A, A +, A ++ and, as a last resort, B. Appliances with energy efficiency below C are considered obsolete and unprofitable. All models of technology Whirlpool have an energy efficiency class of A + and consume less than 400 kWh of electricity per year.
- GoThe display and type of control device also play a role. Electronic control type allows fine-tuning of the temperature in the refrigerating and freezing chambers separately. Including disable them if necessary. The display allows you to receive information about the operation of the device in an understandable and convenient form, it displays the temperature in the cameras, has a setup menu and, when errors occur, displays their code for the fastest possible search and resolution of the problem. Mechanical control makes it possible to only approximately regulate the temperature, lowering or increasing the temperature in the chamber. Naturally, this type of information cannot be shown to the user. But mechanical control has one big advantage, with failures and the need to replace it will be an order of magnitude cheaper. An electronic module and firmware to it will cost a rather impressive amount and their replacement is not a simple process.
All presented devices of the brand have an electronic type of control that provides accurate and convenient configuration.
- GoThe number of compressors affects the operation of the device. If there is one compressor serving both the freezer and the refrigerating chamber, inconveniences may arise due to the more frequent opening of the refrigerator compartment door. After all, the freezer remains closed, the temperature does not increase there, and the cooling starts working on both chambers at once. Separate compressors can avoid such processing and reduce the energy intensity of the refrigerator. The models presented in the stores have one standard compressor, which, apparently, makes it possible to avoid a sharp rise in the cost of goods.
- GoThe defrosting system allows you to significantly simplify the life of the owner of the refrigerator when properly designed technology. Whirlpool refrigerators have an automatic drip defrosting system in the refrigerating chamber, which allows a person not to interfere with the defrosting process. Freezers are also equipped with a very popular system today. "No frost"Inside the freezer there is a special fan that accelerates the air and does not allow condensate to collect on the walls and freeze into an ice crust. Thus, the process looks like the middle for this hostess. After all, it doesn’t have to completely defrost and clean the freezer. Drip system In the refrigeration department, it is good because it does not have a fan in it, which can cause airing of products.
- Additional functions of the refrigerator, frankly, are not so important for its functioning and the performance of the main task. But they make the operation of the device easier and more enjoyable.
Devices of the brand have this functionality in addition to the usual:
supercooling and freezing modes that allow you to quickly cool freshly laid products, for example, when preparing for a meeting of guests;
antibacterial filter that prevents bacteria and molds from multiplying;
sound signals when the temperature rises or the door is closed;
autonomous temperature preservation at power off up to 24 hours.
How to customize the panel
For the refrigerator compartment, you can use the following settings and modes on the control panel.
The panel displays the state of the refrigerator door open, accompanying it with a sound signal.
Set the current temperature of the refrigerator.
The quick cooling mode should be used when starting to cool freshly laid products. It turns itself off automatically six hours after it is turned on, or it can be turned off on its own when necessary.
Mode "Vacation"it is better to use during long absence. At the same time, all products that may deteriorate and the chamber door to close must be removed from the refrigerator compartment. The device will maintain a temperature that prevents unpleasant odors.
Standby mode turns off both chambers, both refrigeration and freezing. The light in the refrigerator will not work either, but the mode does not imply disconnecting the appliance from the network. Also in this mode, you can enter each camera separately.
Some features are also available in the freezer.
Displays the temperature set for the freezer.
Fast freezing allows preparing freshly laid products for long storage. For the most efficient cooling, it is better to turn on this mode 24 hours before you plan to build new products.
Mode "The guests"allows you to quickly cool a bottle of wine, if you have unexpected guests appeared on the threshold. When you turn on this mode, the display will show an animation, after thirty minutes the display will beep to indicate that you can take out drinks.
The electronic module also has some alert signals, such as changing storage conditions on its own when loading large amounts of uncooled products, blocking changes and child protection, an alarm signal that the temperature is too high, a signal to call the service center, an indicator to replace the anti-bacterial filter.
The device in some cases may not work quite correctly. For example, cooling may work too hard. But when freezing products, they can lose their taste and useful properties, and just spoil. The refrigerator compartment may cause the temperature to be too low in the following cases:
incorrect temperature setting;
problem with door sealer;
disturbance in the coolant circulation;
temperature sensor or regulator malfunction.
Among other problems, constant excessive load can lead to rapid wear and tear of the compressor.
In the reverse situation, despite the fact that the device is working, the sound of the compressor is heard, the light in the refrigerator compartment is on, it does not cool. This may occur due to the following problems:
failures in electronics;
clogging capillary defrosting;
problem with thermostat;
If you adjust the correct temperature and change the bulb to the power of each user, then in such cases it is highly not recommended to engage in "self-treatment". It is better to call a qualified technician or contact the service center.
Model range of refrigeration Whirlpool quite wide. Models are divided into single-chamber and two-chamber. Single chamber type is represented by a separate freezer. There are also small single-chamber models, with or without a small freezer integrated. This is an excellent economical in size and use option for the garden or office.
The two-chamber type usually represents the two-door version.. The freezer can be located below, above or on one of the sides in more voluminous versions.
An example of the usual type of two-door refrigeration unit with a freezer located at the bottom can be considered a model. WBE 3321A. Model ARC 1800 small and compact, only 150 liters. It is a representative of the two-door type with a small freezer on the top of just 40 liters.
Option WBC 4069 more spacious and has a volume of 380 liters. This is a modern representative of refrigerators belonging to the class of electricity consumption A +. Equipped with LCD display, electronic control, single compressor, freezer defrost systemNo frost"and drip for the refrigerator and convenient additional features. With all its advantages, the noise level is only 42 dB, which is also a rather pleasant characteristic.
The company also produces a version of the refrigerator, built into any kitchen interior. An example of such a product is ART 963. It has a capacity of 300 liters, automatic defrosting system and electronic control. Energy efficiency class A +, the device is also capable of maintaining the temperature offline for up to sixteen hours.
An example of an interesting side-by-side arrangement is a refrigeration unit. 20SI-L4 A. In this embodiment, the freezer is located on the side of the refrigerator. And the doors, respectively, are not located one above the other, but side by side, allowing you to open the refrigerator like a cabinet. Comfortable and roomy model, the volume of which is 505 liters.
The company also produces a fairly new design option - a corner refrigerator.. Such a change in the usual dimensions of technology allows you to very effectively use the space in the kitchen and apply the most daring design projects in life. Otherwise, this type of device is no different from the usual modern counterparts.
Most models have more features.. This and the liquid crystal display with the ability to accurately set the temperature in each chamber, modes "Vacation"and"The guests"fast cooling and freezing systems"No frost"providing anti-icing, and"Air filter", designed to clean the air in the chamber from bacteria and fungi. All this functionality makes life much easier for the owners of such equipment and makes operation pleasant and easy.
Product colors are also quite diverse.. White apparatus and stainless steel colors are most common. Various shades of metal are also used, such as bronze or steel. There are even black and mirror versions with concise and interesting novelty.
Among the variety of options you can find a suitable for any interior and taste.
Components and accessories
The components of the refrigerating chamber include door shelves and shelves of the main compartment, usually made of transparent impact-resistant glass. Door shelves are available in versions with and without a lid. Depending on the dimensions of the device, the number of all components and their dimensions may be different. Be sure to have available boxes for fruits and vegetables, allowing to separate them from the main department, do not distribute the smell and leave fresh longer.
Also, the door shelf is equipped with a tray for storing eggs. In some models, an optional tray for snacks.
In the freezer there are drawers of various sizes, allowing to divide products by type and conveniently store them. There is also a mold for making ice.
When operating any equipment, components that may require replacement sooner or later appear. Most often this requires light bulbs or an anti-bacterial filter. Any user will be able to handle the replacement of these parts, especially the instructions describe the replacement process in detail. But sometimes other parts also require intervention: a handle, cooling tubes, an electronic display and control module, temperature sensors, fuses and timers, a fan, shelf guides, and various fasteners. Work with these parts is best left to specially trained professionals.
As accessories for refrigerators Whirlpool Famous stores offer uninterruptible power supplies. Unfortunately, American devices are not adapted to work in conditions of frequent power outages. This significantly shortens their lifespan, so the voltage regulator and surge protector are often recommended companions for this refrigeration.
Even as an accessory, you can purchase odor absorbers produced in various shapes and colors, and cleaning products.
Product Reviews Whirlpool most are positive. Buyers like the range of products, and most importantly, their quality. Even after a decade of service life, users note these advantages in the refrigerator:
huge useful volume;
good cooling and freezing;
lack of ice and snow, which made it possible not to defrost it for all ten years;
the convenience of glass shelves that do not break or scratch;
the sound notification about an unclosed door very convenient;
pleasant function of generating ice in the freezer;
freshness zone in the refrigerator compartment, keeping the temperature around zero degrees and allowing products to stay fresh longer.
Pleases buyers and the display lock function, however, it does not always work as protection against children because of its simplicity.
It was strange to many that with a fairly small level of noise, you still hear how the cooling system turns on and off. Sometimes the device makes strange clicks, tapping and gurgling. True, some buyers claim that you get used to it quickly.
Few negative reviews were received for malfunctions after several years of work: overheating of the refrigerating chamber, freezing of ice in the freezer.
Also, users are confused by the high price of equipment and its operation. But this can be explained by the high quality of components and materials and a long term of impeccable service.