Nowadays, finding out what quality water that you use in your daily life on your own is unlikely.
Nevertheless, according to scientists in our time in drinking water contains an increased number of unhealthy elements. For this reason, it is important to be able to choose the right water filter in the kitchen.
To date, the market offers a huge range of a variety of filters for purifying drinking water. Therefore, before buying a filter for water purification for the kitchen you need to know everything about their technical characteristics.
Types of filters
Since the basic problem is the presence in water from the tap of a high content of chlorine compounds and other chemical elements harmful to health, as well as the fact that the water is hard and an unpleasant smell emanates from it, it is first necessary to determine your requirements for filters get acquainted with the capabilities of certain filters.
The simplest cleaning system is a filter jug, which is able to clean about 300 liters of drinking water. At the same time, the device is equipped with replaceable cartridges, which must be monitored and replaced in a timely manner.
Pros and cons of jug cleaning filters:
- Since there is no need to connect such a filter to the kitchen for drinking water directly to the water supply, which greatly simplifies its operation.
- However, this type of filter, unlike the types of water filters, purifies water worse.
- In addition, jug-type filters clean only a small amount of water, and if it becomes necessary to clean a large amount of water, it will take a long time.
- The advantages of a jug-type filter include its efficiency as well as its small size.
Filter at the sink
The main difference of this water treatment system is that the device is not worn on the faucet, and mounted near it, as in the photo of water filters in the kitchen.
The advantages of the filter of this type include its capacity. The disadvantages are that he needs a place to wash. In addition, you will have to monitor his work in order to turn it off in a timely manner.
There are similar filters, models of which can be simply put on the faucet.
Filter with separate tap
This cleaning system is built-in water filters for the kitchen, which are mounted directly into the water supply.
As a result of purification of drinking water using a filter with a separate tap, you can achieve the following results:
- Drinking water will be maximally purified from elements harmful to health;
- Mechanical and organic substances, chlorine, viruses, bacteria, nitrates, and also heavy metals will be removed from the water;
- Water will become hypoallergenic;
- There will be no need to boil water, because after cleaning it will become absolutely harmless, it will get a pleasant taste and will become suitable for use.
The advantage of filtering with a separate faucet is that water purification takes place quickly and as a result high-quality purified water is obtained.
In addition, there is no need to store purified water, because the purification takes place continuously. However, the presence of control over the water supply, allows you to save water.
Another significant advantage of this filtration system is the ability to control the change of cartridges that need to be changed every 6 months.
The downside of this cleaning system is the high price.
Filters can be added to the conventional filtration system in order to have additional water purification taking into account the individual quality of the water resource.
In addition, it is possible to mineralize drinking water with special cartridges, thereby depriving viruses of the opportunity to penetrate drinking water.
Advantages of additional filters is the presence of purified water in large volumes, saving water resource consumption. In addition, it is convenient to use stationary water filters in the kitchen, since it is necessary to change cartridges no more than once a year.
The only disadvantage is the high price.
Currently, there is a mass of a variety of filters for water purification, from a variety of manufacturers.
So which filter is right for you to decide on the basis of water quality, while choosing a filtration system must be approached responsibly, because it is very important to the health of all family members.
Photo of water filters in the kitchen