In an ideal kitchen, everything should be perfect: the cook and his mood, the products and utensils used, the dishes prepared and the appetite awakened, and most importantly, the atmosphere that inspires the creation of culinary masterpieces.
The ideal solution for the kitchen is beautiful and functional wall cabinets in all their color variety and almost endless stylistic embodiment. Compact and roomy, open and mirrored, classic and extravagant - hanging kitchen cabinets are now always where it is convenient to store, retrieve and use master supplies and a cookbook. And where it is always warm, cozy, comfortable and fragrant it smells like hot buns with vanilla and cinnamon ...
Features and benefits
Wall cabinets decorate the kitchens of different nations for more than one millennium and literally around the world. And every year they better fulfill their direct duties, for which they were once created:
- provide a lot of space for storing supplies and kitchen utensils and free access to them,
- protect products and dishes from sunlight, dust, humidity and temperature extremes,
- free up space on the work surface for cooking,
- located at a comfortable height and do not interfere with the work in the kitchen,
- successfully conceal the design of air conditioning and lighting,
- harmoniously coexist with built-in kitchen appliances,
- their configuration and front facades set the room style and mood.
Modern hanging cabinets in kitchens are not only an element of functional equipment, but also the main focus of the entire interior design of the kitchen area, and the best embodiment of the principles of ergonomics. In combination with floor cabinets, they are an important component of a harmonious kitchen space, helping to rationally use every inch of it and at the same time clearly reflecting the style, tastes and even the level of wealth of the owners of the house.
In fact, all the hinged kitchen cabinets are the same - they are drawers, one way or another attached to the wall. The back wall is fiberboard, the side panels are chipboard, the facade is wood or plastic, the doors and shelves are available or missing.
However, such a simplified approach does not convey all the interior possibilities, the variety of uses and the importance of wall cabinets for the kitchen area. Square and angular, crockery and hoods, in the headset and separate, horizontal and built-in, two-door showcase and with open shelves, the usual wooden or rare metal - hanging cabinets differ in shape, dimensions, doors and specialized filling. And, most importantly, they allow you to choose interesting color solutions and the best way to carry out specific tasks individually for each kitchen.
- For dryer and hood
Today it is difficult to imagine a kitchen without a wall cabinet for storing freshly washed dishes. Firstly, it is practical: clean plates, glasses and cutlery do not gather dust on the table, but dry them in an even system in a drying room specially arranged for them. And secondly, such a two-door locker with a dryer can be equipped with lighting and glass doors, which will immediately turn it into an unusual exhibition rack for your favorite dishes.
However, drying for dishes can be put on display and in a more favorable light - originally embedded in the space of a wall kitchen cabinet and for greater convenience, fixing next to the sink. But in this design, the drying compartment is no longer necessary to close - it will be quicker and easier to distribute wet dishes to its sections if the cabinet does not have doors.
However, most housewives still prefer to hide the dishwashers behind impenetrable doors. So the diversity of kitchen utensils inherent in daily use will not catch the eye and will not spoil the harmonious space of the remaining parts of the kitchen zone with its completely natural chaotic character.
- In a wall-mounted kitchen cupboard with blind doors a multi-tiered drying structure is easily built in, in which several sets of kitchen furniture are placed at once. And if such a cabinet, hanging directly above the sink, removes the bottom, then the water from the washed dishes will flow directly into the sink. And it means that you no longer need to additionally equip it with ventilation holes and a tray that protects kitchen furniture from unwanted moisture. But a useful addition to such a hanging closet will be a small office, which will accommodate detergents, sponges and microfiber cloths.
In modern interior solutions for cooking zones, wall-mounted cabinets are often mounted immediately with the hood. Their configuration involves the use of facades of a closed, open or combined type. The most popular models are with convenient hinged or hinged doors. Fastened to the wall, these burdened cabinets must be as securely as those that are equipped with a dryer for dishes.
- Open Wall Cabinets resemble shelves for accessories or shelves for books. They are conveniently located and look good jars and boxes of spices, flower tea, coffee beans and candied fruits. No less interesting interior solutions are the kitchen furniture with open shelves instead of wall cabinets.
- Corner wall lockers allow maximum use and rational use of even the most inaccessible areas of the kitchen area. They are straight, L-shaped or trapezoidal configuration, have beveled corners and are usually part of the kitchen. However, such a cupboard on the kitchen wall can also be a separate independent element of space organization, adding comfort and functionality to the room, while comfortably taking a modest place in the corner.
A distinctive feature of wall corner cabinets for the kitchen is their unusual and very spacious “stuffing” in the form of deep triangular shelves, roll-out systems or shelving pivoting around its axis, which provides free access to food stores and kitchen utensils stored there.
- Horizontal wall cabinet on the wall of the kitchen adds dynamics to the interior and visually expands the space. Additional niches, arranged at the top or bottom of its folding or one-door facade, significantly increase the functionality and usability of this unbanal wall-mounted drawer.
- Vertical wall cabinets in the kitchen, it is quite expected that they create the effect of a high ceiling and help interestingly build a common solution for storage systems. Narrow vertical hanging cabinets are especially appreciated by owners of small-sized or multi-window kitchen areas.
Face hinged lockers with attractive shelves on the facades functionally draw up the boundaries of a set of kitchen furniture and give the entire interior a certain perfection.
- Suspended cabinets up to the ceiling Now very popular with experienced designers and admirers of minimalism. It is necessary to pay tribute to an interesting interior design and attractive harmony of such structures. A kitchen with high wall cabinets to the ceiling is the best choice for those who need a lot of storage space for everything they need during the cooking process. However, the way it is necessary to get the necessary from the upper shelves, it is still better to think in advance and immediately provide for this special mobile compact ladder.
By the way, not only the upper cabinets, but also the lower ones can be in an ideal kitchen in a suspended state. Floor cabinets attached to the wall at some distance from the floor, and even illuminated from below with LED tape, create the effect of a kitchen set floating in the air. And here again it turns out to be very important reliable fasteners of the bottom hanging cabinets on a sturdy frame with the help of high-quality canopies and anchor bolts. After all, even the most massive dishes and kitchen appliances usually get into the hanging floor boxes, although such a locker itself weighs a lot, and still has to keep everything that has been stored in it.
It is also necessary to remember that in order to avoid problems with the docking of the modules with the lower hanging cabinets, it is better to maximize the wall on which they will be fixed. And in no case should they be mounted on the drywall of kitchen partitions, which could easily collapse under the unbearable weight of the master's good hanged on it.
The most advantageous suspended kitchen with lower cabinets floating above the floor will look in a spacious room, so how to appreciate this beauty only at a distance. But the undoubted advantages of cleaning under the hanging lower cabinets of such a kitchen area and a comfortable position of the legs during cooking will immediately receive universal recognition.
- Wood is considered the best material for making wall cabinets in the kitchen - pliable in work pine, anti-bactericidal beech, elegant cherry, cozy walnut, original chestnut and durable oak. Pine trees, for example, made the “Anyuta” kitchen set popular with manufacturers and buyers, and besides the typical ones, its dimensions are non-standard, which makes it possible to efficiently use the entire useful area of the kitchen space.
Suspended kitchen cabinets made of natural wood look luxurious in any design and will serve more than one generation of their owners. However, not every cook can afford to equip them with the kitchen area. In addition, even after special treatment, wooden cabinets remain extremely susceptible to the active environment of the kitchen space.
Therefore, manufacturers offer kitchen cabinets made of cheaper and less capricious materials - from MDF, plastic and chipboard:
- Chipboard - a fairly loose material of economy class, the quality of which directly depends on the composition of wood waste and formaldehyde resins used in its production. Its improved modification, laminated chipboard, has a protective laminated coating that creates a smooth and strong surface that prevents the volatilization of harmful components. Mounted kitchen cabinets of chipboard and chipboard are in the lower price segment and are available to a wide range of consumers.
- For the production of MDF-plates solid wood, specially split into fibers and pressed with the help of binding components into a strong product, the surface of which is covered with a polyvinyl chloride film, veneer or plastic, is used. Wall kitchen cabinets from MDF are in demand due to its low price and a large variety of textures.
- Plastic It is considered the optimal material for the manufacture of kitchen cabinets in terms of cost and quality. This convenient and completely eco-friendly material is durable and reliable. At the same time, it is incredibly plastic and easy to process, which can significantly expand the design possibilities of the execution of facades.
Properly treated surfaces of plastic cabinets are not afraid of changes in temperature and high humidity typical of kitchen rooms, are resistant to the appearance of fungus and are fully adapted for installation directly above the sink or stove.
Colors and decor
Suspended cabinets must certainly be combined with the entire kitchen space. Choose their style, size and configuration that matches the overall design of the rest of the furniture and the color scheme of the interior of your kitchen.
Remember that the decor of the kitchen area with dark cabinets necessarily requires additional lighting of the room, allowing not to lose, even if visually, its spaciousness. And white wall cabinets in the kitchen will get along peacefully with its standard compactness, and with natural light.
How to choose
Decide on the layout of the room, the size of the cooking zone and the convenient way for you to master the kitchen space. Carefully measure the perimeter of the room and the dimensions of the furniture being purchased.
Pay attention to checking the quality of the materials of the selected wall cabinets so that they are not affected by the excessive humidity and temperature fluctuations inherent in all kitchen rooms. Gloss surfaces of facades have a greater degree of moisture resistance.
Check the reliability of fittings and the strength of fasteners for wall-mounted kitchen cabinets: canopies, sliding rails and anchor bolts for installation, as well as hinges, furniture handles and self-tapping screws should be designed for a long service life in a variety of conditions.
Carefully read the warranty periods and quality certificates issued by the manufacturer for hanging cabinets for your kitchen.
Ideal standard parameters of wall-mounted kitchen cabinets (50x90) have long been calculated by designers, verified by designers, and repeatedly tested by experience in already well-equipped premises:
- cabinet height - 85-90 cm (base - 10 cm)
- depth - not less than 46-50 cm, but not more than 60 cm (the built-in box will take over 45 cm)
- facade width - 30-45 cm
- the standard distance between the inner shelves of the cabinet - from 20 to 40 cm
How to assemble
If you first assemble and hang on the wall all the boxes without doors, then it will be easier to make hanging facades and adjusting the loop. In addition, such an assembly and installation will provide an opportunity to control the gaps between the cabinets, and if you still make mistakes in the calculations, then remove the cabinet without a facade is much easier than fully assembled.
How to hang with your own hands
Self-hang up your own kitchen cabinets is not difficult. They need to be fixed on the mounting rail, after determining the distance between the table top and the bottom of the wall cabinets.
When installing a kitchen cabinet with a dishwasher, consider its maximum possible weight when fully loaded. Therefore, for reliable fastening to the wall it is better to use powerful anchor bolts and durable steel hinges. And giving preference to the cabinet with transparent or colored glass in the doors, it is worth remembering that it must be tempered and exceed 4 mm in thickness.
And, of course, on the shelves of such a hanging cabinet, it is desirable to constantly observe a beautiful arrangement of dishes and maintain perfect order.
Remember that additional sources of illumination of the kitchen area are never superfluous. So feel free to use the internal halogen or LED lighting cabinets - your kitchen will only benefit from this.