For those who adhere to proper nutrition, an indispensable attribute in the kitchen is a juicer for vegetables. It has long been a proven fact that juices in boxes are not beneficial, and sometimes even harmful, because there is often nothing natural there.
Fresh juices are another thing. It is a storehouse of vitamins, especially if the vegetables are grown in their own beds.
- Tomato juice useful for the liver and heart, it is also used in indigestion and diarrhea.
- Parsley Juice reduces the manifestation of allergies, helps fight cellulite, treats skin diseases.
- Radish juice in very small amounts, it is useful for diseases of the thyroid gland, and is also used as an expectorant.
- Ginger juice - Excellent immunomodulator. An indispensable tool in the period of colds. He also stops nausea, reduces inflammation.
- Carrot juice restores clarity of vision, strengthens teeth, raises immunity.
On the basis of fresh vegetables, food systems have been developed that are aimed not only at losing weight, but also cleaning the body of toxins and other harmful substances. Fresh juices retain all the beneficial properties of vegetables, so the juicer becomes an indispensable companion for people who care about their health and strive for proper nutrition.
Drive type classification
Previously, juicers had a mechanical drive. To squeeze the juice, you had to twist the handle. Its construction resembled a manual meat grinder. This type of drive is inefficient. It is poorly suited for processing large quantities of products, although it is quite possible to prepare a single glass of beverage in this way.
These models have several advantages:
- Such devices do not consume electricity.
- Cold pressed retains all the beneficial vitamins and minerals found in vegetables.
- Produce higher quality spin.
- A device of this type works very quietly without making much noise.
Modern juicers are practically all equipped with an electric drive.
He drives all the working parts of the equipment. Human labor is limited to several functions. The principle of operation of such juicers is as follows:
- Pledged products.
- Power on.
- Pushed by a special pusher, if necessary.
- Washing all parts of the device.
The electric motor provides high speed, but there are some nuances.
- They work only from the mains. Where there is no electricity, you will not use them.
- It is necessary to arrange breaks in work in order to avoid overheating of the engine.
- The engine may break.
Most juicers are positioned as universal devices. Technique with low power is unlikely to be able to cope with solid products, but for greens, including wheat germ, or cabbage, they are quite suitable.
For beets, potatoes, pumpkins, carrots, you need to choose more powerful juice extractors.
There are special juicers designed for hard vegetables. They will do a great job even with ginger. This type of device has a basket in the shape of a truncated cone. This makes it possible to first crush the pulp, and then squeeze the juice.
There are juicers for vegetables with pits. They are designed in such a way that they are not clogged, and there is no possibility of bones getting into the juice.
Universal devices have a greater maximum power. They have the ability to adjust the speed. This species is suitable for grass, celery, apples, and radish. Such juicers are usually equipped with additional nozzles, which besides the function of squeezing the juice, have many additional features. This includes cutting noodles, a vegetable cutter, a meat grinder, and sausage production. But such devices are quite expensive.
All juicers can be divided into three main types.
- Household. These devices have average power. Perfectly cope with the production of juice for a family of 3-4 people. Perfectly are suitable for processing vegetables from the seasonal dacha, and preparations for the winter. There are also household mini juicers, which are quite suitable for squeezing the juice for one glass. They are easy to operate. Pamper yourself with a glass of beet or cabbage juice, the beneficial properties of which are known from ancient times, can even a child. Small appliances are not suitable for catering and juice production on a production scale. Their price is quite affordable for the average buyer. An excellent producer here is Travola.
- Professional. Great for cafes and restaurants. They have high speed and cope with squeezing the juice to the highest score. Their appearance is very attractive, but the price is very high.
- Industrial. Have large dimensions. Able to produce juice on a production scale. They are installed in factories, so the appearance of these devices is far from attractive. They have wide versatility and are able to process vegetables from carrots to tomatoes, and even fit for herbal juice.
Juicers have two methods of extraction: centrifugal and screw. The design is elongated, in the first case vertically, in the second - horizontally.
Work on the principle of spinning in a washing machine. Centrifugal forces are used to separate the juice from the pulp. The centrifuge accelerates the pulp and at high speed there is a separation of the liquid. Before that, using a grater, vegetables are mashed.
The centrifuge accelerates to a speed of 40,000 rpm. This adversely affects the details of the device, as they quickly wear out and come into disrepair.
The centrifuge accelerates to a speed of 40,000 rpm. This adversely affects the details of the device, as they quickly wear out and become unusable. In addition, there are other drawbacks.
- Juice is oxidized by exposure to air and loses nutritional value.
- Large revolutions strongly foams the liquid. Many juicers have a defoamer, but it does not work very effectively.
- The device quickly overheats. In cheap models, there is a strange smell of plastic, which can absorb juices.
- Strong noise will not allow you to prepare fresh juice for breakfast without waking relatives.
- Fast clogged nets that need to be cleaned. If this is not done, the engine may overheat.
- Efficiency is low. In the squeezed pulp is quite a lot of juice.
- It is impossible to get juice from greens and cabbage. Instead, it will make gruel.
The advantages of this type of juicers a lot. This is the speed of the process, and the absence of pulp in the juice, and ease of maintenance, and a fairly small cost.
Great for making juices from grass, wheat germ, but can also be used for other vegetables, fruits and berries.
These devices can be:
- Single-screw. They consist of one shaft, which first chops the vegetables, and then, using nets, squeeze the juice. At the same time, the ingredients need to push through, putting considerable physical effort. Meat grinders are very often equipped with such juicers.
- Twin screws. Here are two trees that grind vegetables between themselves and produce juice. You also need to use force to push through the ingredients. Prolonged use of such a device will lead to significant physical exertion.
The advantage of these juicers is the durability of the engine, the juice has an expressive taste, all useful vitamins are saved as much as possible, high performance (the cake is almost dry), creates little noise, the downside is the increased cost. Separated liquid contains pulp that many do not like.
Many homes have juicers since Soviet times. But even those from whom they have not survived, can purchase models that have fallen into modern life since those times.
One of the varieties of such devices is Zhuravink Juicer. This device is manufactured in Belarus. It is perfect for harvesting pumpkin, carrot, apple juice for the winter. Its efficiency is quite high. The cake at the outlet is almost dry. In addition, it is equipped with shredders. This device can operate without stopping for an hour.
Another Belarusian juice extractor Sadovaya. This is also a sample from the Soviet era. Differs extraordinary performance. It can process 50 kg of hard vegetables in one hour. It has an asynchronous engine, which produces such a result.
Also still in household goods you can buy a manual type juicer. He, of course, will require a lot of energy to make juice, but in the country kitchen it may well be to make a healthy drink for breakfast.
Tips for choosing
When choosing a juicer should determine what exactly you want from this device.
But it is necessary to take into account the fact that universal devices that perfectly cope with all types of vegetables and greens do not exist. Therefore, you need to choose the products that you will have in priority.
Next is to evaluate the device according to five criteria:
- Spin speed
- Volume of work.
- Ease of operation.
- Ease of care.
A good juicer for home use should have the following characteristics:
- Duration of work more than 10 minutes and a break no more than 1 minute.
- The speed of rotation of the centrifuge is more than 8000 revolutions per minute.
- Power is 0,2-1,2 kW.
- Have a foam cutter.
- The container for cake.
- Well, if she will have several speeds of work.
A few more useful features of this device.
- Expanded throat feed ingredients allow large pieces of vegetables to be served.
- Pulse mode will allow you to better cope with solid vegetables.
- Reverse. Allows you to remove the stuck pieces of vegetables.
- The system of juice in a glass. No need to wash extra capacity. Such juicers are additionally equipped with a “stop-drop” system, which allows you to adjust the angle of the faucet and thereby prevents dripping.
- Automatic ejection of the pulp. It occurs under the influence of centrifugal force.
It is also very convenient if the juicer combines several functions, for example, it will have a vegetable cutter or a nozzle for making sausage.
The size of the juicer depends on the composition of the family and whether you are planning on harvesting the juice for the winter, or will you only prepare fresh juice for your meal. In the second case, a small juicer is perfect, which will pour the juice straight into the glass.
In 2017, a rating of devices was compiled, which according to reviews are the most popular in the Russian market.
The first place in it was taken by the equipment of the brand Panasonic. It is best to cut off the juice and wash it easier than others, but the price is tall.
More budget option, not much inferior to the favorite - Belarusian Juicer Zhuravinka. This option is especially good for harvesting juice in conservation.
It is very important to choose a juicer, ideal for yourself. With the help of it, you can pamper yourself and your loved ones every day with healthy fresh juices that contain many vitamins and other beneficial substances. Or this device will help to prepare drinks for the winter, which on cold days will give you a taste of summer.