It is always nice when you have the opportunity to recuperate at home by drinking a glass of freshly squeezed juice. Universal juicers can easily cope with this business, making a healthy drink not only from citrus fruits, but also from any fruits and even vegetables.
Compared with a device for squeezing juice from citrus, universal juicer is more complicated. All these products can be divided into two types:
- Screw - looks like a meat grinder.
- Centrifugal. The name speaks for itself - the drink is made using centrifugal force.
The device of such an apparatus assumes the presence of a rotating spiral - an auger that crushes a fruit or vegetable dipped into a loading tray. Then the fruit moves to the compartment, where the juice is separated from the pulp by means of a fine lattice and pressing force. The finished product in the form of juice or puree enters a special glass, and the remaining cake comes out through a separate tube.
Depending on the control method, the units can be divided into:
- Hand held. Very reminiscent of the meat grinder. To get ready-made drink, you need to exert a lot of physical force, twisting the handle that actuates the auger. But the price of such a product will delight any buyer.
- Electric. Do not require any effort on the part of the person, act on the network. You just need to lay the ingredients in the tray, turn on the device and enjoy the natural freshness of the juice.
Depending on the internal structure, juicers are divided into:
- Horizontal single screw. Multifunctional, they can easily cope with the preparation of fresh and pureed vegetables and fruits of various hardness, berries and greens. You can make spices, chop grains, nuts, grind coffee, duplicating the abilities of a food processor.
- Horizontal twin screw. The feature of such devices is the presence of two rotating shafts-screws, which significantly increases the performance and price. The possibility of pressing the most valuable and useful is 95 percent, leaving only 5 percent on the cake. The ability to knead the dough and make homemade pasta is added to the useful options.
- Vertical products are much weaker than their counterparts. Most often used for pressing the softest fruits, such as berries, pears, apples, peaches. Often, among the recommendations of manufacturers you can see pre-peeling and hard stones.
Screw models are very popular due to the following advantages:
- Multifunctionality. Fresh produce, puree from almost any vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries. Processing of dry and solid components: coffee, cereals, nuts. Cooking spices. Dough kneading and pasta making.
- High efficiency. All the juice to the last droplet in the amount of 95 percent is squeezed, recycled residues make up only a small fraction.
- Devices with two shafts-screws do not heat the beverage, what allows to keep utility as much as possible.
- Contact with metal is inevitable., but at the expense of low revolutions twin-screw devices do not affect the oxidation of products.
- Low noise.
- Ability to work without interruption for 30 minutes.
- Details wear less due to the lack of centrifugal force.
Without cons in operation can not do:
- The speed of work due to the low speed of the electric device is small.
- Not suitable for industrial scale, because without a break more than half an hour can not work.
- Horizontal models have a small loading tray, because of which it is necessary to cut large fruits into four parts, in vertical ones - into two, which increases time costs.
- A lot of time is also spent on washing and cleaning twin-screw aggregates.
- To use the hand augers, you need to apply force.
The principle of operation consists in chopping fruits with the help of a disc grater, after which they are sent to the separator, rotating there at an incredible speed. Under the influence of centrifugal force the pulp is pressed into the walls. Ready juice through a special opening merges in capacity.
Separators of such devices are of two types:
- Cylindrical. Gives you the opportunity to get up to 90 percent of the finished product. The cake remains on the walls of the compartment, you need to clean the residue manually.
- Canonical. There is a special container that is automatically filled with waste after the processing of the pulp. Gives up to 70 percent juice.
The positive characteristics of these devices include:
- The wide mouth allowing to send without effort on squeezing the whole fruits.
- The device operates at high speeds, which increases the speed of juice production.
- Relatively small price.
- Simple construction. Easy to use even a teenager.
From the negative sides can be identified:
- Work at high speeds leads to heating and oxidation of the finished product, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in utility.
- Much of the juice remains in the cake.
- Tomato juice in this unit is not done.
- High noise.
How to choose
Power is an important aspect when purchasing a universal unit.. For home use, devices with a power of 220 to 700 W, which are more powerful than citrus products (from 20 to 250 W), are quite suitable. If commercial use is intended, a more powerful model is needed. A professional juicer should have a power ranging from 700 to 1800 W, so that the motor does not overheat with constant long-term use.
There are devices that need to be turned off within five minutes after the start of operation. If you ignore this manufacturer's recommendation, the device will quickly fail.
The materials from which the equipment is made, directly affect the reliability and durability in operation. Steel model will last longer. Plastic is also valued due to its low weight and the availability of different colors.
The width of the loading tray affects the need for cutting or lacking fruit. There are round and oval neck. So that the products do not have to be pre-cut, you should give preference to the rounded shape.
If the user prefers fresh juice without foam, you need to pay attention to the presence of a special separator.
An important detail is the presence or absence of a self-cleaning system. Housewives will appreciate the pleasant option of folding the cake, which will significantly save time.
Security. Usually the equipment is equipped with several degrees of protection that will not allow it to turn on, not fully prepared for operation. Rubber feet provide stability.
If the kitchen area does not exceed seven meters, it is worth thinking about purchasing a mini device. You can pick up a small juicer, which will have all the basic options.
Noise level. The presence of a small child in the family will encourage parents to give preference to the quietest product, because basic household chores, including cooking, are performed during children's sleep.
Fame of the manufacturer. Buying a rather expensive household appliances, do not forget about the reliability of the brand. It is better to overpay a little, but then not to suffer due to the lack of high-quality assembly of cheap devices.
Combining customer reviews universal juicers, it is worth listing the positive and negative points in the operation of these devices.
- Mistresses quite often praise the availability of centrifugal models. Simplicity in operation and reliability are not inferior to expensive fellows.
- Small priborchiki deserve more positive feedback from housewives. Compact multifunctional technology does not take up extra space by performing standard functions.
- Many young mothers believe that the best devices are those that produce the least noise, therefore, choose augers.
- People using professional food processors note that they don’t need to buy an extra appliance, as the universal juice extractor often already enters their complete set.
- Gardeners speak well of the performance of domestic devices. Russian devices allow you to make a large amount of juice during harvest. The lack of wide popularity and the quality of their assembly do not cause positive assessments.
- HNegative feedback is often provoked by the absence of a cleaning system for devices with a cylindrical separator. Women, already tired of household chores, have to clean its details for quite a long time.
- Build quality is not always evaluated positively. In some fairly cheap models, the buttons sink, the parts do not fit well together.