Types of kitchen hoods
Various types of kitchen hoods allow you to experiment with the interior and create the perfect place for cooking. Hoods won the hearts of hostesses due to the ability to remove odors during cooking. With their appearance, there was no need to open windows and ventilate the room. They work efficiently, and new design designs perfectly fit into a modern kitchen interior.
A wide variety of kitchen hoods that are present on the market helps the buyer to find the best, most profitable option.
- Flat. Such models are installed above the gas stove and mounted on the wall. This separate construction, which has no outlet in the ventilation pipe. The exhaust consists of a housing, a fan of average power and an air purification filter. The advantages of flat hoods are that they are inexpensive, have a neat and attractive design, they are easy to install. Among the disadvantages: low suction power, high noise, filters need to be changed frequently, and they can be expensive.
- Embedded. Quality types of hoods that are built into a special cabinet. It hides the entire structure, including the withdrawal pipe. Interesting design, reliability, high quality - attractive characteristics. In addition, the hood perfectly copes with its tasks. Due to its excellent performance and power, it works as efficiently as possible and makes almost no noise. The downside is that the model is not cheap and should be looked after more often.
- Fireplace or dome. High-quality and modern type of kitchen hoods. This model fits perfectly into any interior, complements it, creates comfort and does not hide free space. The dome hood is made of metal, which can combine wooden and glass elements. The range of dome hoods is wide, and includes island, wall. They differ from each other in the way of installation. The advantage is that the chimney hoods are powerful, can be controlled remotely, there is no need to change the filters.
- Corner. Manufacturers are trying to please customers and produce hoods of various shapes, sizes, installation methods and installation site. Corner hoods fit perfectly into the corner kitchen and save space.
- Combined. Extracts for gas stoves, combining two methods of air purification - removal of air flow into the ventilation system and the removal of contaminants using a carbon filter. It is replaced every six months. Recognize that the filter needs to be replaced by the noise that exhales during operation. When installing the exhaust system, pay special attention to the air vent. The fewer bends there are, the better the device will work.
Despite the technical functionality of the kitchen hood, it should be easily controlled. Today, hoods have several ways to control:
- Slider. The model has a switch slider, with which you can change the mode of extraction.
- Push button. The easiest way to control the hood. The button block is located on the front or side panel. Modes are switched by pressing buttons.
- Electronic. Convenient and modern management. Models of this type are equipped with a special display or light indicators.
Principle of operation
Everyone knows what function the hood has in the kitchen, but not everyone can tell how it functions. The work of kitchen hoods consists of two principles: normal and recuperative. The first one cleans the air, pulling in pairs of preparing products. Couples pass through filters and are discharged into the vent pipe. Hoods, which work on the principle of recovery, pass the vapor through the filtration system and return the air back cleaned from unpleasant aromatic impurities.
Such models of hoods are the most expensive, besides they need maintenance. If you want to get rid of unpleasant odors in the kitchen, pay attention to exhaust hoods with carbon filters. They need to be changed frequently, as they wear out quickly. The performance of the models is directly dependent on the quality of the filters.
How to choose
It is necessary to approach the choice of an extract for kitchen carefully if you want to get model, favorable in all respects. Before buying a device, ask the seller about the advantages and technical characteristics of the hoods. All varieties can operate at high temperatures, have high protection from hot vapors, moisture and condensate. Hoods are classified according to the principle of work, performance, design features and price.
The cost of the device may be affected by the presence of additional functions. When choosing a hood, focus on the type of device, its pros and cons. The hood must comply with the dimensions of the kitchen and the general style of the room.
The first thing buyers pay attention to is design. Experts advise not to be guided by the appearance, but by the power of the device.
- Performance and power. This criterion indicates the amount of air that the exhaust processes in one hour. The higher the power rating, the better it will work. But the power indicator is not yet a factor in the proper purchase. Calculate the required hood power for the kitchen according to the formula: multiply the volume of the room by 10. The resulting figure will be minimal, so the hood should be taken a little more powerful.
- Noise level. The exhaust noise level is affected by its performance. If this indicator is high, the device is noisy. Expensive and high-quality models can be quiet, but powerful, so if you choose a cheap hood, you will have to accept the buzz in the kitchen. Silent models are equipped with special pads that prevent the appearance of vibration and block noise. If possible, check the operation of the hood in the store. This will help avoid unsuccessful purchases, focusing only on appearance.
- Filters. These elements are responsible for the quality of work extracts and affect the life of its operation. Filters trap odors, dust, grease, fumes, and other heavy components in the air. If the filter is dirty, this hood will not work for a long time. Performance, noise level and durability depend on the filter. They are of two types: fine and coarse. The former consist of a fine, carbon filter that absorbs odors. These filters are replaceable and monitor their condition is very important. The second - very high quality. They are made of metal, acrylic and non-woven. Coarse filters clean the air and protect the hood from contamination. They must be replaced with new ones in a timely manner or washed in water. It all depends on the filter material.
- Dimensions. What parameters of an extract would not be, today there are no models which work absolutely silently. The size of the hood depends on the dimensions of the room and the length of the hob. For large gas stoves, dome hoods are suitable, for 40 cm - small embedded devices. Remember that the hood should not be less than a gas stove!
- Design. The most important selection criterion for hostesses is appearance. Despite the technical characteristics, the design of the hood plays a big role. It should match the color and style of the kitchen, not be bulky or too small. At the peak of popularity matte, glass, metal surfaces with a mirror effect.
Depending on the price and model of the hood, the device can be additionally equipped with interesting features. The hoods with backlight look beautiful, the models with remote control, thermometer, humidity meter, side grilles, shelves and other elements are easy to use. Additional functions do not affect the functionality of the hood.
Install the hood quite realistically. This is an easy process that does not take much time and effort.
- Fasten the device to the wall with the supplied mounting material. The hood must be above the hob.
- The distance between the stove and the hood should be comfortable so that the hostess can freely cook food. Mount the hood is not too high, but not low.
- If the hood is built in, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Dome hoods should be connected to ventilation. Use parts that are included with the device. Observe tightness. Connecting the hood and ventilation should not occur gaps and gaps. If this happens, use foam or other sealants.
- After installing the hood, connect it to the mains. Try the device in action.
If you want to choose a quality hood of domestic or foreign production, pay attention to the reviews of real buyers. According to them, regardless of the brand and type, the hood is really an indispensable thing in the kitchen. She copes with her tasks 100%, can make a little noise or work quietly. Kitchen hood saves from the fat on the furniture, eliminates odors during cooking, easy to use, affordable.
Many buyers note that Russian manufacturers' extracts are not inferior in quality and appearance to foreign analogues, but they are cheaper, and there are differences between them. Beautiful, ultra-modern design fits perfectly into the atmosphere of the kitchen, attracts attention, creates an atmosphere of comfort.