Types of blenders
It is difficult to imagine a modern kitchen without household appliances. One of them is a blender. It performs a huge number of functions and allows the hostess to save time and effort on cooking. But what types of blenders today are on sale and how they differ from each other, we will tell you in this article.
Blender is one of the essential kitchen appliances. It is intended for grinding and mixing products. This device is ideal for making mousses, drinks, minced meat and mashed potatoes, for grinding fruits, vegetables, nuts and ice.
That blender is able to perform the most time-consuming kitchen processes associated with cooking. At the moment there is a huge variety of classifications of this kitchen appliance. We will focus only on some of them.
Types of device
All existing blenders are divided into professional and home use. They differ from each other in size, capacity, number of nozzles and modes, as well as complexity of control.
Blenders are also powered from the electrical network, and can work autonomously on batteries or rechargeable batteries. Thus, the first variety has a large capacity and volume, and the second can be used when there is no access to electricity.
All types of this device are also divided into three largest among the classifications of the group:
- Stationary (planetary). Differs autonomous work. Consists of a stand, protective cover, bowl and knife. All that is required when using it is to put the products in the bowl, select the mode and power and turn it on. It is this kind of device that could not be better used for mixing semi-liquid or liquid products and dishes. The main advantages include ease of use, as well as self-cleaning function. In most cases, such models do not have to wash their hands. It is only necessary to pour water into the bowl and turn on the device for two minutes, and then empty it and dry it. In addition, a stationary blender is often cheaper than a submersible blender.
- Submersible The (desktop) model of this device is an elongated device consisting of a motor, a holder and a knife. As is already clear from its name, while using it, it will be necessary not only to immerse it in a bowl with products, but also to keep it in your hands all the time. In addition, many models of this type are sold without special capacity, which makes it possible to use them in any dish.
It is best to use such immersion models for grinding a small amount of hard and soft products. It takes a lot of time to crush large amounts of food with their help.
- Combined device. In fact, it is a miniature food processor, as it includes the two models described above and additional attachments to them. But blenders also differ from each other in their working characteristics.
What you should pay attention to
When buying this indispensable assistant, you should pay special attention to its technical characteristics, which the manufacturer indicated. The versatility of using a blender, its service life and, of course, price will depend on them. Among the main characteristics are the following:
- Device power. It is worth remembering that the higher its rate, the more functional the blender itself will be. The devices with the lowest rate of 220 watts are suitable only for grinding boiled vegetables and fruits, cheeses and greens. More powerful models from 500 W are ideal even for grinding ice and any solid products.
- Bowl volume. Immediately it should be noted that it is divided into two types: working and useful. The first indicates the nominal capacity of the bowl, and the useful volume is real and it will always be less than the first by at least 200 ml. Experts recommend purchasing models for home use with a bowl capacity of up to two liters.
- Number of speeds. The more functional a model is, the more there are speeds in it, as a rule, from two to seven. For personal use, the model is suitable with the number of speeds up to 5. But in industrial blenders, their number can reach 15.
- Power supply. Until recently, it was believed that all kitchen appliances work only on electricity. Today, the market has models that run on batteries or rechargeable batteries. It is better to purchase combined blenders that can work both from the mains supply and from the battery.
- Bowl Material. This part of the device can be made of metal, plastic, silicone or even glass. Of course, the metal bowl will be the strongest and most durable.
- Existence of additional nozzles. On the one hand, the more functions with their help the device can perform, the better. On the other hand, in practice it often turns out that some of the nozzles are not used at all, and therefore the money for them was given in vain. Therefore, you should immediately decide which nozzles your future blender should have.
- Cleaning the device. Washing the blender with your hands is not that difficult, regardless of its type. But there is a danger of getting injured by his sharp knives. Therefore, it is better, of course, to acquire models equipped with a self-cleaning function.
It is these basic characteristics that ultimately affect the final cost of this device. An important role in this pricing is also played by the fame of the manufacturer itself. Market leaders are in no hurry to risk their reputation, so they use high-quality materials in the manufacture of household kitchen appliances, which leads to an increase in the sales value of the finished product.
But no matter how high-quality and expensive the blender, he, like any other kitchen unit needs proper care. All removable elements, nozzles, beaters and handles after each use must be washed in warm water with a sponge.
It is not recommended to use hard metal brushes, they can scratch the bowl and the metal of the knives, which will reduce their useful life.
How to quickly wash the blender - in the next video.
Before removing the device for storage, it should be thoroughly dried. This will avoid unpleasant odors and the formation of mold.
In the event of any faults, it is highly undesirable to try to eliminate them with your own hands. It is best to contact the company repair shop, and if this is not, then in a good repair shop.
And finally, I want to say that the blender in the kitchen is not a simple whim, but a necessary luxury. It speeds up and greatly simplifies the process of cooking, is simple and easy to use, and, depending on the specific model, is also very functional. It is not worth saving on its acquisition, and it is better to give preference to well-known manufacturers who have earned their name with quality products. After all, you get yourself an assistant for many years.