Comparison of screw and twin screw juicers
The benefits of fresh fruit known to man for a long time. This leads to the fact that he tries to eat them unprocessed or in the form of fresh juice. These products can be obtained with the help of special cold pressed press juicers. Properly selected mechanism allows not only to get the maximum amount of liquid, but to keep it all useful properties.
Spin system with one screw
To compare the screw and twin screw juicers, it is desirable to initially understand the principle of their actions. The most popular model is the single-screw juicer. The mechanism consists of several components, where the main function is played by a screw. With its help, and is the main destruction of fruit. The work of a single-screw model can be described by the following algorithm:
- Fruits are fed into a special hole, which through it fall directly into the compartment with the auger.
- Rotating screw, gives the product breakdown and shreds them a little. At the same time, they are also fed to the outlet.
- Passing through a special frame, fruits are compacted between. Contributes to this shape of the body and pushing the back of the products. This leads to the fact that the juice starts to stand out.
- Liquid is collected in one place and discharged through one or more openings into the tank.
A distinctive feature of these juicers is to work under the control of the relative weak motors that do not consume a lot of electricity.
Advantages and disadvantages
The work of such juicers is quite simple and allows you to work with many types of fruit. Among the advantages of these systems are:
- Efficiency. Juice extractors of this type are characterized by a 75% spin ratio, which minimizes the loss of nutrients and the use of the entire fruit mass.
- Juice at the exit it turns out to be homogeneous and not stratified, as is the case with other similar extrusion methods.
- Minimum level electricity consumption.
- The ability to process solid products, such as apples or carrots.
The disadvantages of screw juicers include:
- Additional processing products. Due to the small size of the entrance neck, you need to cut apples into several pieces. This also applies to other types of products.
- The complexity of the design leads to an increase in the spin period, which is not always convenient.
- The operation of the device is limited in time. The reason for this is the heating of the engine, which can lead to a decrease in the quality of the juice. Therefore, many modern devices are equipped with special thermostats that automatically turn off the juicer when overheated.
Twin screw juicers
Models of juicers of this type differ in the basic principle of processing products. The process of obtaining juice in such systems occurs in several successive stages:
- Loading products. For this purpose, special openings are used, through which substances enter the treatment chamber.
- Squeezing juice. This happens under the influence of two augers, in contrast to the previous model. Both parts rotate towards each other, and all their components are very closely lapped to each other. After hitting the fruit, it simply collapses under the influence of "millstones".
- Picking juice. After extrusion, the fluid is directed through a special channel to the outlet, where it is already accumulated in a special container.
It should be noted that these models of juicers can be both horizontal and vertical. Each of them has its own distinctive features, which you can learn from a particular manufacturer.
Positive sides of twin-screw models
Juicers of this type are characterized by a more complex structure, which leads to the appearance of several advantages:
- With the help of juicers, you can squeeze out up to 95% juice, which is a very large ratio and exceeds these figures in other similar structures.
- The product thus obtained can be stored for up to 3 days, which is not always possible in other cases.
- Low noise level of the motor.
- Ability to handle several types of food.
Some manufacturers also claim that, during the operation of the juicer, nitrates and other harmful substances are also removed from the juice. It should be understood that in most cases this may be just a marketing ploy. Therefore, be sure to check the documents that confirm these facts.
Disadvantages twin screw juicers can be attributed to a higher price, which is significantly higher than that of counterparts.
Versatility - the guarantee of healthy food
Designs based on two screws are multifunctional. Systems allow to get juice from a wide range of products:
- wheat germ;
- cabbage and others.
Among the main functions performed by these mechanisms are:
- Spin juices from different substances.
- Grinding and grinding products.
- Mixing desserts.
- Cooking nut paste.
- Cutting and production of pasta or noodles.
- Preparation of mixtures for children.
Many companies are involved in the production of spin systems, among which products from countries such as Korea and the United States have gained immense popularity. There are several well-known models that are of high quality and technical indicators:
- Juice extractors of this brand in most cases are horizontal. A distinctive feature of this model range is its large weight, which can reach 12 kg. Mechanisms able to work without interruption up to 60 minutes. Therefore, such structures are installed in restaurants and, if necessary, obtain a significant amount of juice.
Prices for the range of Angel Juicer Angelia start from 100 thousand rubles. Systems differ in high reliability and high-quality execution.
Green Power Fito Juice Extractor
- The juicer is made by an American company and differs from the previous one in slightly smaller dimensions. For the production of augers used only medical steel, which is covered with bioceramics. Such designs can work up to 12 years without losing their basic properties. Inside the case special neodymium magnets are installed, which ensure the preservation of all the useful substances inside the juice. The period of continuous operation does not exceed 30 minutes, but you can get up to 3 liters of liquid.
- This model range has a high level of reliability. By production of all components strong steel is used. The manufacturer guarantees 10 years of trouble-free operation.
Comparing the single and twin screw spin systems, it should be noted that each of them has its pros and cons. Therefore, before buying such products, it is desirable to evaluate all their technical features and select the best option for you.