Turkish Coffee Maker
There are several different ways to make coffee. But connoisseurs of this drink claim that it is possible to make delicious flavored coffee with thick froth only in the Turks themselves. All kinds of machines and machines can not cope with this task. It was so until a Turkish coffee maker appeared on the market. Using this device, you can make the right drink according to the traditional recipe.
Principle of operation
In order for Turkish coffee to be delicious, two basic rules must be observed. First, the Turk should be heated evenly, which is why traditionally such a drink was prepared in tanks with sand. Secondly, the aromatic liquid should not boil. As soon as a thick foam appears on the surface, the Turk is removed from the heat. Drip and capsule coffee makers cannot control this process. But with the advent of innovative technologies, it became possible to manufacture a fundamentally new device that uses the principle of induction heating.
The process of making Turkish coffee in automatic mode is very simple:
- Water is poured. If the coffee maker is designed for one Turkish mug, the water is poured directly into it. Devices capable of preparing a drink in two containers at once, have a special compartment for water of 1 liter.
- Extra finely ground coffee is added to a cup of water. Complete with a coffee maker is a special measuring spoon, which allows you to accurately determine the amount of coffee powder.
- Sugar and spices added with coffee. If you do this after preparing the drink, the foam will settle.
- Turk with prepared ingredients set in its place.
- Coffee maker turns on by pressing a button.
The cooking process lasts about two minutes. On the readiness of the drink, the coffee maker will signal with a sound signal.
Clearly the process of making coffee in Turkish - in the video below.
To date, there are several models of coffee makers that allow you to make real coffee in Turkish. These include:
- electric turks. Outwardly, this device resembles a hybrid electric kettle and ceramic Turks, because the capacity for brewing coffee is mounted on a round stand-base. The control panel is located on the handle of the electric shock. The most popular model of this type is the TimeCup CM-620 coffee maker. This is a multifunctional device that allows you to prepare your favorite drink according to several recipes, make melted milk, boil eggs or boil water. The only drawback of the electrostroke is some difficulty in the care. It is rather difficult to wash the bowls, and it is necessary to ensure that water does not get into the electronic filling of the device;
- coffee machines with heated cups. These are compact devices with one or two Turks. The market leader today is the Turkish company Arcelik, which produces coffee makers under the brand name Beko. These devices have an optical sensor that controls the formation of foam and turns off the heating at the right time. A distinctive feature of the Beko coffee maker is its attractive design. It fits perfectly in any design. It can be put on home kitchen or at office. The device is easy to clean: sometimes it is enough to wipe the machine body with a damp cloth, and metal bowls can be easily washed under running water;
- coffee makers with sand. The process of making a drink in them is not automatic. It is necessary to constantly monitor the Turk, several times pulling it out and again plunging it into sand heated by the device. Making coffee in this way is very spectacular, so this device is more suitable for bars or cafes. Coffee makers with sand are produced by many companies, including domestic ones. Their functionality is about the same. The heating element is integrated in a special sand bowl. The cost of such coffee machines depends on the manufacturer and device design.
For home use, it is best to choose electric coffee makers with induction heating. The process of making coffee in them is completely automatic, and therefore it is not necessary to control it.
The main advantage of various household appliances is time saving. And coffee machines are no exception. When making coffee in an ordinary Turk, you must always be near the stove. If you miss the right moment, the drink will be hopelessly spoiled. Electrical devices do not require the constant presence of a person, because they are able to turn off independently.
The auto power off function allows you to solve several tasks at once:
- Compliance with the requirements for the preparation of Turkish coffee. The heating stops exactly at that second when the foam starts to rise. This allows time to extinguish it.
- Security. Even if the device is left unattended, nothing bad will happen. Thanks to special sensors, the liquid does not flow from the tank, and if there is a risk of fire, the coffee maker will simply turn off.
Coffee made in electric coffee makers does not differ in taste from the drink brewed according to a traditional recipe in cezve. But this is possible only with the observance of several rules.
First of all, you need to pick the right coffee grind. It should be very fine, professionals call this degree of grinding “into flour” or “into dust”. The coffee itself must be of high quality. In ordinary supermarkets, it is rare, so the best solution would be to buy coffee beans, which can be ground on a Turkish coffee grinder.
It is important to follow the cooking rules specified in the instructions for the device. In the bowl, you must first pour water, and then enter the dry ingredients. If you do the opposite, an air bubble may form at the bottom of the container, which will lead to burning coffee or causing the device to fail.
Coffee maker in Turkish will be a real boon for connoisseurs of this drink. Now you do not need to constantly be at the stove, stirring the liquid in the Turk. After the appliance is turned on, you can continue to go about your business, and the smart machine will make the most delicious coffee and tell you its readiness.
Next, a video review of coffee makers who make Turkish coffee.