Top Auger Juicer Rating
The screw juice extractor is ideal for both fruits and vegetables, but a huge range and a wide alternative to a variety of models often complicates the selection process. Therefore, experts recommend buying a juicer, guided by the ranking of the best positions.
Advantages and disadvantages
Fans of a healthy lifestyle and lovers of natural juice will certainly want to look at the ranking of the best products. The screw juice extractor has a “cold” spin, which does not allow the device to heat up and perfectly preserves the taste, as well as the useful qualities of the juice. Thanks to this feature, the drink can be called live or “fresh”.
A strong auger is a strong spinning shaft that performs most of the squeezing work, and the process itself is similar to the functionality of a conventional meat grinder. Products arriving at the loading neck are crushed by a rotating screw, and the finished juice is subsequently extracted. Then, the resulting mass together with the pulp is pressed several times by the screw. Then, using silicone brushes, the resulting product is sent through a special channel to the juice collector, and unnecessary residues fall into another compartment.
This type of spinning has its own advantages, such as:
- High level of performance. The minimum spin ratio is 75%, which is almost twice as much as a centrifugal machine can allow, while there is almost no waste and the residues are almost dry.
- The consistency of the extracted drink is homogeneous, without delamination.
- Economical power consumption. Heavy duty motors do not make sense for this type, since the screw rotation speed is only 40-80 revolutions per minute. That is, the engine power does not exceed 200 W, which causes much lower electricity costs.
- Variety of choices. Auger juice extractor can easily grind products of any hardness and softness. For example, very hard vegetables, fruits, or soft berries will be processed equally well, and twin-screw juicers may even extract oil from seeds.
- Noiselessness Low speed allows the device to operate at less than 50 dB, in high-quality models, the noise figure is about 30 dB, so the squeezing process will only be fun.
However, in addition to all the positive qualities, screw juicers have some drawbacks:
- Selection of products. Due to the nature of the operation of the auger, it is impossible to apply a wide receiving neck, for example, in order to squeeze the juice from a whole large apple, it must first be cut into several pieces.
- The duration of the process. The uneasy and intricate structure significantly increases the duration of the squeeze process, compared with the centrifugal alternative.
- The limited duration of work. After half an hour of continuous operation in high-quality copies, due to the heating of the engine, a blocking thermostat is activated in the device, which protects the device from overheating and subsequent breakdown.
Auger juicers are classified into the following types:
- Manual. It is quite similar to the standard meat grinder. Its design is so simple and ordinary that some people even buy a special nozzle to turn a meat grinder into a juicer. However, it takes a lot of time and effort, and the result itself does not exceed high expectations.
- Horizontal Outwardly very similar to the electric meat grinder. Finely chopped products are sent to a special compartment, and the particles remaining in the device must be additionally pushed. Such models are suitable for grinding coffee beans, cereals and spices, as well as for the manufacture of minced meat, mashed potatoes and pasta. Too soft foods, such as berries and fruits, instantly turn into mashed potatoes under the influence of these devices.
- Twin screw. It has a simpler structure. The proportion of juice obtained is a maximum of 95% of the product used.
- Vertical. It has maximum compactness and gentle extraction, which makes the process as productive as possible. The presence of a wide neck eliminates the need for grinding products. For example, to get the juice from an apple, you just need to cut it into two parts. This model will perfectly fit into the interior of any kitchen, and also it is easy to clean.
Auger juicers can grind vegetables, fruits and berries of any softness and hardness. Such devices differ from other types of household appliances in that the motor power in them does not play a big role, because by increasing the power, you can only slightly speed up the spin procedure. The material of the screw is of great importance, rather than its power. The component of the screw in low-cost models is aluminum.
Analogs of steel and cast iron are much more reliable, but a high-quality plastic with high durability and allowing to preserve the taste and quality of the drink remains a win-win option.
If we talk about the quality of the squeeze grid, then here it is best to choose durable and easy-care stainless steel.
Due to the preservation of taste and useful nutrients, screw juicers can be considered the best, as evidenced by numerous user reviews. The speed of rotation of the screw shaft is quite low, and therefore, unlike centrifugal models, the juice does not undergo heating and oxidation. This feature allows you to save the properties of the finished product.
It is as easy to care for the device as it is to assemble and disassemble, and the noise reduction function of most devices is noted by many consumers as a definite plus.
Long pressing and narrow neck are the main drawbacks in these devices, because of which the products require pre-grinding, which slows down and partly complicates the process of making the drink. The following list provides an overview of auger juicers, which are in the top 10 best and sought after in the consumer market.
A distinctive feature is a unique, original design and the ability to spin any products, and the presence of two filters allows you to squeeze the juice with and without pulp, depending on preferences. It can be safely used as for vegetables and fruits, especially ideal for tomatoes, as the juice from them has a particularly rich taste. The durability of the device is provided by non-skid feet. The filter can be cleaned with a special brush attached to the kit, as well as containers for juice and residue. The reverse will help to achieve the maximum spin, and the magnetic latch simplifies the assembly and closure of the device.
Reliable motor and long-term continuous functionality is an important feature of this model, and a high level of noise absorption makes operation comfortable and enjoyable. Mixing tastes is prevented by automatic washing, and slow spinning prevents the juice from losing its nutritional properties.
It has a metal housing and belongs to the Eco Tritan series. Tritan is a very durable, transparent food grade polymer, which is an environmentally friendly type of plastic that makes up such spare parts as containers for collecting juice, waste and the bowl itself. According to the developers of the polymer, tritan is a stable material that does not absorb odors and leaves no traces on it.
The height and relatively narrow width make the model very compact. However, two glasses for the resulting product and residues will require additional space.
The appearance is very elegant and luxurious due to its shape, as well as the color range - metal and black plastic. A spinning auger participates in the spinning process itself, applying pressure on parts of the products and, subsequently, sending them to the filter, from which ready juice is extracted. The device is protected from incorrect assembly working indicator on the top panel of the housing, which serves as a signal to properly install all parts. The appearance of the indicator strip means that the device is ready for operation. The button on the back of the housing panel powers the machine and adjusts its operation.
Due to the unique design, the unit looks quite modern and can be a wonderful decoration for the kitchen. Just press the button to turn on, turn off or reverse the car when components get stuck in the mechanisms. To master the device, you do not need to refer to the application guide, but when you first get acquainted with the juicer it is better not to neglect them.
The device produces a minimum of noise. Basically, such noise cancellation is due to stable legs, equipped with special suckers.
In addition, ready-made juice does not heat up, so that its use brings special pleasure. High quality, elegant design, convenient assembly, as well as clear and accessible instruction manual stand out among the general advantages. However, a slightly slow workflow makes the machine unsuitable for use in catering or office space. But for a home such a juicer fits just perfect.
Silently, accurately and quickly produces nectars with pulp from various fruits and berries. This model is considered the best for preparing standard tomato juice or pleasant tender berry nectars. Nutritional fiber is one of the main components of beverages produced with the help of this device.
Basically, using a juice press, you can extract the juice from soft berries, and it is also quite suitable for grinding harder fruits, various nuts and herbs.
Good noise absorption, low energy consumption and efficiency of the procedure are ensured by an innovative electric motor operating at low speed. Strong plastic Ultem is a guarantee of durability of the device, even with very frequent use. Ease of assembly, disassembly and maintenance are the undoubted advantages of this juicer.
Zigmund Shtain ESJ-767
Stylish and beautiful appearance is only one of the many advantages of this model. The device consumes a small amount of energy in 150 W, has a reverse and two speed modes, each of which is selected by simply pressing the rubberized button located on the handle. A special filter allows not only juice, but also puree.
In addition, the machine has the function of self-washing and removal of pulp in a container with a capacity of 1.25 liters, besides, the residues come out very dry.
Another advantage of this device is its high productivity: in half an hour you can easily squeeze a sufficiently large amount of juice from a wide variety of products, be it an orange slice or half an apple. Also, a compact assembly and the presence of a special handle make it easy to move the device, and the relatively low price will please most buyers.
Style, power 700 W, high efficiency up to 75%, normal and turbo mode and amazing ease of use are the main advantages of the centrifuge machine. The wide neck allows you to squeeze the juice from whole large fruits without necessarily dividing them into parts, while maintaining the nutritional properties of the finished drink. High-quality materials guarantee a long product life, and an elegant and solid design allows the device to harmonize perfectly with any type of interior.
Such a device will be a godsend for the owners of private houses in whose territory fruits and vegetables are grown.
Innovative improvements have been able to improve the efficiency of the device by 30%. Low turnover allows you to gently squeeze the juice, without losing the useful properties of the drink, and high-quality materials make the device reliable, durable, and also guarantees a long service life.
As for citrus fruits, they are recommended to be pre-peeled, and large fruits should be cut into pieces. T
Juicer perfectly squeezes vegetables and fruits. Also, this type of equipment has a small electrical cost, since the power is only 150 watts.
Philips HR 1897/30
Opens the cells of the fruit to extract more juice, whether it be hard vegetables, soft citrus fruits or tropical fruits. Since there is no filter, parts should be flushed for a minute. There are two filters for regulating the amount of pulp. Quite small dimensions help the device to fit well into the interior of almost any, even the smallest, kitchen.
Assembly and cleaning is carried out as quickly as possible, and a quiet engine does not waste a lot of electricity.
Oursson JM 7002 / RD
Due to the wide loading opening, it is not necessary to chop large fruits. Low spin speed and a powerful screw allow you to extract the maximum amount of beverage from different products without losing taste and beneficial properties.
In addition, the machine has such important advantages with respect to centrifugal juicers, as low noise and cleanliness during operation, because drops are not sprayed on the table.
Pressing is strong enough to cope even with solid products such as nuts and needles, and the slow rotation of the screw retains all the taste and nutrients. Residues during operation are sent to a container specially designed for them. An electric motor protected from overheating makes almost no noise, but every 30 minutes the equipment should be turned off while taking a break. Just one simple press of the button will be enough to clean the auger from waste, after which the empty screw will be ready for operation again.
The juicer is equipped with two large containers, and also has a very concise and original design.