The most suitable wall colors in the kitchen
To choose the color for the kitchen walls, you will need:
- photo of the room;
- photos of vending interiors;
- color samples;
- painting grid;
- simple disconnecting material in the form of a canvas for printing photos;
- paints that are perfect for repairs.
Stages of color selection in the kitchen
- Pre-examine the scope of work. Spend a week viewing design sites and catalogs. It is best to select the 10 wall decoration options you like. Print out your favorite kitchen interiors.
- Decide on style. You can decorate the kitchen in such styles as English, retro, modern, country, Spanish hacienda. Find on the Internet the desired style. Learn its features. Decide on shades. It is better to explore the color in the interior of the kitchen than to imitate fashion.
Photo: English style
Photo: retro style
Photo: modern style
Photo: Spanish style
Photo: country style
- Decide what you like. If any color causes delight, feel free to choose it. Having decided what color the kitchen should be, you can, for example, take this color as a basis, or you can choose a countertop, a suite, table, interior walls, and dishes of this color.
- Before buying wallpaper or wall paint, take a picture of the kitchen. In the store, be sure to show the photo to the seller-consultant. He will help you choose the right color for the kitchen.
- Choose three colors from the entire range so that they match the overall interior of the room, and, among other things, match the mood to your favorite decorative trinkets. For example, walls painted in warm colors like orange, gold, red, yellow, will look perfect in country style, emphasizing all the refined details of the interior.
- Deciding to visit a building materials supermarket, do not forget to capture photos of the kitchen, a list of preferred colors, a list of accessories. Pre-consultation with the seller regarding the quality of materials, the advantages of their choice, and cost will be useful. Having decided on the choice of finishing material, it is recommended to get several samples of paint, tile or wallpaper for testing.
- To use the sample, you should apply a couple of strokes on the wall or on a small piece of canvas or attach a few tiles or wallpaper to the wall. Ask a friend to see how the wall will look like from the side. Be sure to test the sample in daylight and in the evening, after which make the final choice.
Tips on choosing colors for kitchen walls
Small kitchens require more light, as they should be well lit. Positive shades are bright and neutral. Visually, they do not reduce or limit the kitchen space at all.
If you can not decide what color to paint the kitchen, follow these rules:
- You can make the kitchen more industrial by decorating the walls and furnishing furniture in beige, gray, semi-gloss shades.
- Stimulate the appetite is desirable color palette in the form of yellow, red, orange.
Tip: Carefully use these shades in combination with wooden furniture warm color palette.
- Possible exclusive colorful trim panel that protects the wall behind the sink from annoying splashes.
- If you are not happy with the rich color range, it is better to choose a material for soft tones for decoration or to give texture to the walls.
- Get rid of the traditional white color in the design of the kitchen can be, using washable colored wallpaper.
- Choosing the color of the kitchen is a difficult task, since the shades are reflected not only in the mood of the person, but also in the attendance of the room. Be serious about choosing the color of materials for decorating kitchen walls.
Photo: kitchen in soft colors
Photo: a combination of beige and gray
Photo: the original design of the working apron will fill your daily work in the kitchen with positive emotions.
Photo: pasting walls with washable wallpaper
How to choose a color for wall decoration
The color of the walls in the kitchen should be selected taking into account all the details of the interior, the harmonization of space, furniture, decor.
Since the walls create the background to any interior, they must harmonize well with:
- With a general style. For example, the classic style requires the use of furniture brown shades, which are beautifully combined with white, peach and beige palette.
Photo: classic-style kitchen
Tip: The color of the walls in the kitchen can be easily selected using the Benjamin Moore paints website, where, using the Personal Color Viewer option, you can upload a photo of the kitchen, and select colors depending on your desires and needs.
- With pieces of furniture. So, white furniture looks beautiful against the background of walls painted in blue, green, red, yellow, burgundy colors. If you are planning to purchase light-colored furniture, be sure to use a bright color scheme for the walls. Painting the walls of the kitchen in a bright color will allow you to focus on the walls, as well as to overshadow the old “battered” furniture.
- With natural and artificial lighting. If enough natural light penetrates into the kitchen, make bright wall decorations.
Tip: Note that sunlight penetrating through the windows makes saturated colors more vivid, and in some cases, may altogether, change the color shade. Pay attention to the color of the walls and the location of the room.
- With a floor space.
Choosing the color of the kitchen walls, consider all the characteristics of finishing materials.
Light finish is suitable for small kitchens, because This palette increases the space of the room. The green color palette has a positive effect on mood, because This palette, therefore walls in green, is a creative solution for wall decoration. It is good to use the green color of the walls in combination with light green, mint, pistachio. In case you are the owner of the kitchen located on the north side, the walls will be decorated with orange, yellow, beige, light brown tones to make the room brighter. They will give the kitchen warmth and comfort.
Pastel will suit any interior, regardless of whether it is a classic style or a modern one. The best option is to use pastel in the interior of a small kitchen.
Photo: kitchen in pastel colors
It is recommended to choose the colors of the walls under the colors of furniture. If you want to focus on the furniture, choose a discreet color without a pattern. Follow the rule: the more refined and original furniture, the softer and lighter the walls should be.
You can make the kitchen bright and positive by combining red-orange and neutral colors. This is a good combination for the kitchen, because causes a surge of strength, vitality, energy in a person, making him energetic and cheerful.
You can add lightness to the kitchen with the help of a lemon-crimson tile and dark gray cabinets. Achieve peace can be achieved through the design of the walls on the principle of general impressions in cold colors. So you refresh the room, adding coolness to the interior. The perfect combination is beige with green and blue.
People who are undecided on how best to make the walls in the kitchen cannot use bright and bright “screaming” colors, because they excite the nervous system.
A certain range of colors will suit people of different temperaments. First, determine your type of temperament. Then pick up the finishing material. For choleric walls in the kitchen it is desirable to paint orange or red. Phlegmatic people should not use these colors. Sanguine will appreciate the light green and yellow palette. Phlegmatic and melancholic will find peace in the kitchen of white and blue, brown and red and blue tones.
Tip: Do not use cold colors in the decoration of the walls of large kitchens, otherwise you risk immediately getting a boring, gloomy, cold room.
Choosing a shade of a wall covering, do not forget about the activity. Remember, it will not work to relieve nervous tension in a bright flashy range.
Romance will give furniture of light colors, for example, brick, beige, pale green. Make a classic interior using rich colors.
Dark coloring of walls is extremely undesirable for kitchen. It enhances the aggression of a person. Also not suitable for mini-kitchens. Dark palette is recommended to be diluted.
What colors can not be used
The forbidden colors in the interior of the kitchen are dark chestnut and black, because they make the room narrower and darker. Do not forget that the color of the wallpaper for the kitchen affects not only the mood, but also the appetite. It is better not to use black at all in a classic design.
You can not be afraid to change the color of the interior. The only negative here is its own costs. It is best to make light expensive interior elements, and small inexpensive decor to perform bright colors. Neutral palette is ideal for experiments. If the selected color does not suit you, you can change the interior, giving it a different color coloring.
If there is any doubt whether the color of the walls in the kitchen is suitable, it is recommended to purchase colored paper of the desired shades, hang it on the walls and watch your perception for several days. If the color does not cause irritation, feel free to make the finish. When the color scheme has become boring, tired or not perceived at all, select a different color.
The color of the walls in the kitchen will help you choose your own feelings. Any opinions and advice will not help to make the right choice. If the inner "I" prompts you to choose a rich or bright shade, feel free to finish the walls.
Each color in its own way affects a particular person. You will never lose if you choose the color of the walls to your liking. Remember that there are no bad colors. There are only the wrong combination of shades.
We advise you to read: Fashionable color solutions for kitchens in 2016 (photos)