One of the typical layouts is the direct kitchen, where all the items in the kitchen are located on one wall.
When washing, fridge and oven on one straight line, it is uncomfortable. In this case, the main principle of planning in the kitchen - the “golden triangle” - was violated.
Layouts for linear kitchens
Let us see where the direct kitchen will look better:
- In a small-sized kitchen, where they spend little time, and do not store a lot of products.
- In kitchens with irregular layout: with access to the loggia (balcony), with ledges (niches), very narrow.
- When 1 person lives in an apartment or is childless young people.
- When little or rarely cooked in the kitchen, they get by with small snacks (in the morning coffee, and the pizza is heated in a microwave oven).
- If you want a separate area for dining: a large table surrounded by chairs or a sofa.
The advantages of direct (linear) kitchens:
- It is much easier for an independent project to design a direct kitchen.
- The most affordable linear headsets.
- The compactness of the furniture will make the kitchen more spacious.
When choosing a modular kitchen, the headsets are in one row convenient. With a non-standard layout it is better to order a linear kitchen. Perfectly fit into the room, even the small size or studio.
- In the kitchen in one line there is no triangle for the most necessary items, and the ergonomics are inferior to the U-shaped, and even angular configuration.
- Headsets longer than 4 m inconvenient to use.
- With a small area it will be difficult to place a refrigerator, or it will be necessary to reduce the working area.
Professional recommendations for direct kitchens
The optimal length of a linear kitchen is 2.5 m.
Starting a direct kitchen project is always with a sink, because the pipes have already been installed. Traditionally, washing in the corner, so for the convenience of hands, it is necessary to retreat from the wall 0.5 m, especially if the sink is located on the right, the right elbow will constantly beat against the wall. Note! Kitchens from a tree: features, photo, video, recommendations for choice.
The curbstone for washing is more convenient 700-800 mm, and in the corner in order to push the cargo container. So between the wall and the sink will be part of the tabletop, where you can dry dishes, etc.
With the length of the headset less than 2.5 m, you can rearrange the sink between the stove and the refrigerator. With a long kitchen, it will be difficult to redo communications, you need a pump.
The washing machine or dishwasher should be closer to the sink. Draining will work much more efficiently if water is drained close. Dirty dishes will not have to carry far.
In a narrow kitchen, it is more practical to have deeper bottom cabinets (not less than 60 cm). If between furniture and a dining table or wall is less than 1 m, it will seem very closely.
The working area for cooking is between the stove and the sink, the length is more comfortable 40-80 cm. If it is less, it will be inconvenient, and more - you will get tired of the extra fuss faster.
If the refrigerator is located at the stove, a gap of more than 15 cm is necessary. Especially if it is a gas stove, the side of the refrigerator should not heat up and suffer from constant splashes of fat.
In a long kitchen, there are better cabinets up to the ceiling, they hide a refrigerator, a microwave oven, etc. To add volume to a room, it is better to buy a straight white kitchen. Cabinets to the ceiling are comfortable and fit well in the kitchen-studio or kitchen-hall.
When ordering a kitchen, hinged shelves of 0.7 m in height are best replaced by 0.9 m. The space for kitchen needs will increase, long cabinets will visually lift the ceilings. Another interesting option is to hang the lockers in 2 rows.
To increase the area of a small kitchen, it is ideal for the facade to merge with the color of the walls. Choose only light shades.
In a large room you can place a direct kitchen of 4, 5 or 6 m. There is enough space for a large depth of drawers, to hide household appliances. Strict cupboard cabinets are tall and roomy, so you can do without wall shelves.
Taking into account simple recommendations, it is possible to adjust the space of even small rooms. Properly choosing the size, color and depth of the cabinets, you will create the best direct kitchen in your apartment (house).
Designer tips for a direct kitchen photo