Stools for the kitchen with a soft seat
The kitchen is the soul of any home or apartment. Furniture for the dining area should be comfortable and convenient. It is important that during meals and socializing at the kitchen table, nothing distracts or causes discomfort. Stools for the kitchen with a soft seat are the best option for furniture that fits perfectly into any room interior with different dimensions. They are practical, comfortable and aesthetic.
- Stools are more compact than standard chairs. With a variety of dimensions of construction, they do not reduce the usable area. If necessary, they can be pushed under the table.
- Stools are durable and reliable in operation. The frame is made of different materials.
- Options with a soft seat differ in the small weight allowing to transfer them if necessary to any place. At uselessness they can be made compactly by a pile and stored in a case.
Thanks to leather upholstery or a synthetic substitute, furniture care is simple. Seats are durable and durable. Contaminations are removed optimally quickly, returning the product to its original appearance.
Depending on the model, the seats are removable, sewn. They have a different shape (square, round, rectangular, convex, concave). Today to get your favorite model is not difficult. Manufacturers offer different versions of style and design, made in any color.
Product price depends on the material. Today, companies offer standard and combined furniture options. For example, the seat may be wooden with upholstery, and the legs - metal.
The shape of the legs of the stool is a classic, with carved, twisted supports. Folding products are especially good if the need arises. After use, they hide again. They are good for giving, picnic and a sudden influx of guests.
Modern attributes of kitchen furniture are simple and convenient design. They consist of a seat and support. Supports can be from one to four. The most popular options on four supports. They are more reliable and stable.
Choosing this or that design, it is important to take into account the weight of the person. If it is large, it is better to purchase a product with a maximum of supports. Otherwise, the product may tip over at the most unexpected moment. For maximum reliability, you can give preference to options with an additional mount at the bottom. Before buying it is important to make sure that it is comfortable to sit on a stool.
- Metal structures are highly durable. They are less susceptible to breakage and mechanical damage.
- This design is able to withstand heavy loads. This ensures a long service life and reliability in use.
- Stools with a metal frame have the ability to use a folding mechanism. This makes them economical and mobile.
- This furniture is an excellent alternative to wooden options and saves the family budget.
- Steel-framed stools can have a seat with any upholstery (leather, synthetic, textile).
- They are perfectly combined with a different style of interior. The most advantageous such components of kitchen furniture look combined with the style of minimalism and high-tech.
- There is nothing superfluous in them, they are strictly functional. The color of the pillow can be selected depending on the pitch of the interior.
With wooden frame
These options are most popular. More affluent people prefer wooden furniture for the kitchen. Stools are selected in the same style as the dining area. Such attributes of the kitchen interior are considered to be luxury goods, even if used as a decor.
They consist of environmentally friendly material that fits perfectly into a different style of interior. Unlike metal structures, wooden models are more noble. They can have different forms of seats and legs. The supports themselves are carved, twisted, made of solid wood.
Today in the manufacture of wooden structures involved 45 types of wood. Among them, the most elite varieties are oak, alder, beech. A lot of stools are made of pine and linden.
Wooden stools with a soft seat mat look beautiful, expensive. They do not cause harm to health, are resistant to the occurrence of mold and bring home comfort to the style of the kitchen.
Chipboard is considered a budget option and is great for the production of standard and folding structures. These stools are long enough, they have an attractive appearance, they are resistant to moisture and dirt.
Soft bar options are increasingly appearing in modern kitchen interiors. They are installed near the rack or kitchen island, great for rooms with large dimensions. Such models are often the decoration of a country house or cottage. In this case, the kitchen island or bar counter serves as a place for short meals.
If earlier they were used in public places, today such models are very popular in modern kitchen design around the world.
The most in demand pillows are round and square. The most popular seat upholstery material today is genuine leather and molding. Less expensive stools are made using leather upholstery and synthetic textiles.
How to choose?
- To the style of the interior was unique, before buying, you need to decide on the choice of model stools.
- The product should be combined with the existing furniture in design, color, shape and harmoniously merge with the overall style of the kitchen.
- The materials of the table and the stools should match. Wood products will not be combined with furniture made of plastic or metal and vice versa.
- Options with a round seat are not combined with a tabletop having sharp corners. They do not fit the square-shaped glass table.
- When purchasing stools for the kitchen, you need to take into account their size and free capacity under the countertop. The optimal dimensions are the height of 50 cm, the length of the side of the pillow is 50 cm.
- The shape of the legs of the chair should follow the design of the legs of the table.
How to make a soft seat with your own hands?
Not always for the kitchen buy options with a soft seat. If the house already has stools, they can be given an aesthetic appearance. Today, at home, it is quite possible to make a stylish piece of furniture for the kitchen out of an ordinary stool.
You can make a regular and removable pillow, which is easy to remove and clean (wash). This is an advantage, allowing you to change the interior design with minimal cost and often bring newness to the usual style of the kitchen. In this case, the type of future upholstery can be different and even knitted. This process allows you to decorate the new and update the old stool. It does not take much time.
First you need to prepare the necessary tools and fixtures:
- foam rubber;
- screwdriver (screwdriver);
- furniture stapler.
To update the stool removed the old coating. To do this, unscrew the screws and bolts. Then sandpaper scraped off the old coating, not forgetting to remove the gaps and cracks.
Upholstery is cut according to a previously prepared pattern with allowance for allowances. The dimensions of the foam rubber match the size of the seat. It is fixed with a construction stapler and then tensioned the material, securing the final result with staples or small nails. The cover is more practical option of upholstery of a stool. It is easier to wash and change. The stronger and more reliable the material, the longer its service life.