The refrigerator is perhaps one of the most important parts in a modern apartment. Each young family, leaving the parental nest, sooner or later thinks about purchasing such a product for themselves and their homes. In modern conditions, without this accessory, it is not possible to keep products fresh. When buying a refrigerator, it is necessary to take into account many factors and technical characteristics of this equipment. A wide range of options offered Lipetsk plant "Stinol", known to the Russian consumer since ancient times.
Features and benefits
Russia is a country that manufactures refrigerators under the well-known and popular brand Stinol. Production of refrigeration equipment of this brand began at the Novolipetsk Metallurgical Combine in 1993.
For the design of the plant, which could become a worthy competitor in the global market in its segment, in 1988 a competition was held among seven design companies from Western Europe. Luck was on the side of the Italian company, today renamed the company Indesit. Thanks to the participation of Western colleagues, successful marketing and focus on the Russian market, the company managed to stay afloat and occupy a decent niche (during times of restructuring and fierce competition from Western production).
A series of seven standard samples of refrigerators was soon expanded with premium class options. After some time, scientists of the plant adjusted the operation of devices with an electronic control model, then they began to apply the newest safe eco-materials, and then there was an early increase in production capacity, which allowed to provide the increased demand for household appliances.
Now the plant produces an average of four refrigerators per minute. And all of them are in demand - due to their quality, compliance with the latest standards and a pleasant design. It can be said that the equipment of the Lipetsk plant has long been firmly associated with the beginning of the life of each young family.
All manufactured goods were subject to strict quality control (using specialized computer systems). Production was driven by sophisticated systems to avoid the slightest mistakes in production and assembly. All company employees were trained in accordance with European standards.
At the beginning of the century, the plant was overbought by the Italian company Merloni, actively involved in the design of the plant on the very first steps of its development. The brand's products entered the European market, which was a huge contribution to the development of the range and quality of goods. Components for the production of refrigeration equipment were purchased from Italian, German and French suppliers. Compressor components were purchased from Matsushita’s Japanese counterparts and Danish Danfoss, famous for their precision and quality.
During the entire service period, assistance in setting up and repair can be obtained from the wide network of special centers located in every major settlement.
The range of models of refrigeration and freezing equipment Stinol, presented in stores, could satisfy even the most discerning buyer. Various options were presented: from small and compact single-door freezers to huge three-compartment refrigerators that can solve the problems of even the largest family.
The combination of a wide range, good quality and reasonable price made the Stinol brand popular in both the Russian and European markets.
Unfortunately, at the moment, Stinol brand refrigeration equipment is no longer available. The built plant continues to operate successfully, but produces household appliances Indesit and Hotpoint-Ariston. The brand Indesit also belongs to the Italian company Merloni.
When choosing a new refrigerator for your family, you must be guided by the specific needs and abilities of certain people. Let's look at the basic properties of refrigeration equipment, which certainly need to be considered when buying.
- The first characteristic of technology, very important in ordinary life and easy to assess, is its size. Dimensions of the new device purchased in the apartment, must meet the needs of the family. For a young couple and a secluded person, miniature models are suitable, providing a small inner space to accommodate the required number of products. For a family with a large number of members, a large apparatus is needed. This is also true for those who are used to harvesting large quantities of frozen berries, vegetables and meat, and in the refrigerating chamber to store a variety of dishes prepared for the whole week. If your food habits are reduced to the daily purchase of a pack of kefir and two apples, then acquiring a three-chamber version for you will be clearly unnecessary.
The width and height of the device must correspond to the capacity of the kitchen and doorways, otherwise the installation and operation of equipment will be extremely tedious. The weight of the device also depends on the dimensions, which must be taken into account when installing in old and dilapidated buildings. The Stinol company offered a large selection of refrigerators, suitable for different needs and capable of being the perfect complement to any kitchen.
- An important characteristic in modern conditions was the power consumption. The power consumption of household appliances affects the final cost of its operation. In the conditions of a large number of electrical appliances in the house, this becomes especially relevant, because together a microwave oven, a kettle, a refrigerator, a washing machine, a dishwasher and several TV sets will run a good amount. Modern are considered models of household appliances with energy class. A, A +, A ++ or B. Higher energy efficiency class options are not up-to-date and not popular.
Stinol refrigerators are characterized by energy class A or B. Different models consume from 1 to 5 kW per day (depending on the class and size).
- The type of control affects the functionality of the refrigeration equipment and its cost. It can be electrical and mechanical. Mechanical controls provide the simplest temperature control in the refrigerator and freezer, without providing any other functions. Thanks to the use of electronics, it became possible to set the temperature in the compartments with an accuracy of a degree. In this case, the display highlights the temperature, with its help you can use other functions of the technology and respond to temperature changes in time.
On the other hand, in case of faults in mechanical systems, their repair will be much cheaper than in electrical ones. In the elements of electronics there are complex systems and drag. metals, which increases the final cost of goods with this type of control. Stinol models can have mechanical or electromechanical control, which greatly affects the year of manufacture and development of the device.
- The camera defrost system can make the life of a modern hostess much more convenient. We all remember how difficult and long was the process of defrosting and cleaning old refrigerators. Now to the aid of the modern woman came the latest developments of scientists. One of them is a system that prevents the icing of the camera, “No Frost”. If it is present, a special fan is placed in the freezer, which ensures dryness in the compartment and the absence of excess moisture. This avoids the formation of snow and ice. In the refrigerator compartment, they often make a defrost drip system near the back wall of the apparatus. The range of the brand Stinol present models with defrosting "No Frost" in the freezer. Drip system in the refrigerator is present almost everywhere. Unfortunately, some machines still have a manual defrost system.
- Additional features make device operation more enjoyable and economical. It can be a system of rapid cooling of a large number of products, a timer and a signal about an open door. When leaving on vacation, the refrigerated or freezer compartments can be placed in standby mode, which ensures a minimum temperature and prevents unpleasant odors. This helps to significantly reduce electricity consumption.
Stinol refrigerators are equipped with functions of emergency freezing and autonomous cold storage for up to 13 hours.
How to adjust?
When installing and operating a refrigerator, it is often necessary to shift its doors from one side to the other. This rather simple operation can be performed by the buyer himself and gives more freedom when choosing a place for the device. During repairs or when you simply rearrange, you will be able to choose any place you like for the refrigerator. During operation of the refrigerator or freezer, it may be necessary to adjust the door if it is twisted. This can happen due to overloading with weights, water bottles, or just over time.
Door adjustment is available in most Stino models of refrigerated cabinets.l. This will require a few tools, including a screwdriver. The rest of the necessary things are indicated in the instructions for use, which may differ depending on the model of the device. Adjusting the door in the models where it is provided begins with removing the front panel and turning off the sensors (in the case of the electronic menu). The door fasteners are unscrewed, and it is carefully removed. On the other side there are grooves for installation, usually they are closed with plugs. The door is outweighed and tighten the fasteners, making sure that it opens and closes smoothly and easily. Then the sensors are connected, the panel closes. Do not forget to also move the handle from one side of the door to the other. The freezer is also regulated.
For convenience, it is possible to adjust the height of the shelves in the refrigerator and freezer compartments.
So that the door closes on its own (when it is released), you can also adjust the height of the legs of the refrigerator to make a slight bias towards the back wall. So you will always be sure that the door will close by itself. So there will be an unexpected increase in temperature and food spoilage.
The range of refrigerators produced by the Stinol brand is quite wide. It includes models suitable for different income levels, family needs and design. Single-door freezers and single-door refrigerators were produced separately. Refrigerators with one door included a small freezer for the most necessary products. Such models were a great solution for a small family or summer house.
The most common variant of refrigerators was and is two-compartment. It can be with the top freezer and from the bottom. And there are no special functional differences between these variations. When choosing between them, you can be guided only by the subjective opinion that the freezer located below is easier to defrost. Many refrigerators produced by Stinol had a manual defrost of the freezer.
Was presented and three-chamber version of the technique. It has a freezer compartment, refrigerated and "zero" (pull-out). This retractable container was usually located at the bottom - for example, in the "Stinol-104" model. It is intended for a separate arrangement of vegetables and fruits. A 3-chamber refrigerator provides special storage of food in the drawer (due to the influx of cooled air behind the chamber and suction back heated). The description of each specific model in a more detailed version is present in the instruction manual of the device.
The colors of the models are also very diverse and compare favorably with the palettes of other manufacturers. Naturally, the white version is presented, which is the standard for refrigeration. There were red, blue, yellow, brown and steel color options.
Components and accessories
The refrigeration cabinet from Stinol includes standard refrigeration components. Most devices are equipped with re-hanging doors, with such models the handle also moves from one side to the other. In the refrigerator there must be several shelves. The shelf can be made of a metal lattice or tempered glass. The walls of the compartment and the door are equipped with guides to move the shelves up or down. This is necessary for the most efficient allocation of free space and allows you to position the overall products and containers (jar, pot).
There was also a special department to preserve the freshness of meat, fish or other products, equipped with a transparent cover. For storage of chicken eggs were presented special trays. Shelves or drawers can be located in the refrigerator compartment (depending on the model). Many items in the kit also had one or two ice molds and a cold accumulator.
Since refrigerators Stinol no longer available, users who have in operation these products often face problems of lack of necessary spare parts in case of a breakdown. Fortunately, there are a large number of service centers engaged in the repair of such equipment. During use, the following components may be required: door handles, lighting lamps, a pallet, evaporator tubes and drainage system, control panel, display and electronic components, thermostat, fans and much more. It can be considered lucky that most of the constituent elements respond well to (due to product orientation on the Russian market) or replace with similar items from other models.
In stores of home appliances and accessories you can buy many useful things. You can, for example, if necessary, stock up on additional forms for ice. In the conditions of frequent power outages, an uninterruptible power supply is useful, as well as a voltage rectifier (in case of frequent surges and drops in the network). For models that are not equipped with the “No Frost” system, liquid for fast chemical defrosting of ice will be a good buy. It will help save time on the defrost of ice crust inside the freezer.
Various tools are available for cleaning and washing the internal and external surfaces of the unit. Of course, to achieve a good result, it is enough to rinse the surfaces with plain soapy water, rinse with clean and dry, but some of these washing may not seem effective enough. The means for filtering the air and absorbing unpleasant odors also enjoy a positive reputation; this is a rather actual acquisition to preserve the freshness and pleasant aroma in the refrigerator.
Usually comments on the Internet about Stinol products are positive.. Users are particularly pleased with the good equipment of refrigerators. Customers enjoy unique three-chamber models that allow separating the storage of vegetables and fruits from meat and fish products. This separation ensures proper and longer storage of products, eliminates the mixing of odors. Modern models ("Stinol 116E") perfectly proved themselves in terms of the absence of icing and breakage. Commenting point out that for five years of operation of the device, not a single failure has manifested itself.
The quality of the plastic from which all internal surfaces are made is also noted. Over time, it does not change color, does not yellow and does not crack. Well gives in to cleaning and does not cause problems in operation. Some users have noted the appearance of yellowing on the front panel, cracks and problems with sealing rubber bands. However, there are no critical faults even with not very good reviews.