Steamer Avent from Philips
- How to apply
- Useful features
- How to care
There are a lot of types of equipment that helps housewives and moms in the kitchen. One is necessary for mixing the products, the other is released to turn them into puree, the third mechanisms beat the liquid. You can purchase each of these innovations separately and not leave space in the kitchen, or you can safely buy a universal appliance and enjoy cooking.
Steamer "Avent" from Philips SCF-875 is a universal thing that allows you to use all the advantages of modern technology. It is a combination of all kitchen appliances and helpers - from the mixer to the blender.
Philips has a reputation for quality in the market, and is engaged in the production of not only kitchen appliances - it also manufactures large-scale equipment and medical devices. However, this does not mean that attention to detail and the use of new technologies for home and kitchen manufacturers is alien - on the contrary, the company tries to highlight the needs of modern man and to produce excellent equipment from this calculation.
One of these kitchen assistants is "Avent" from Philips SCF875. The model is presented in the series "Avent", which is characterized by the release of a kitchen set for baby food. The whole line is created from high-quality material, does not cause allergies and treats products as comfortably as possible not only for the smallest, but for the whole family.
Steamer Philips SCF-875 is a versatile device 4 in 1, to use it is a pleasure.
It performs a large number of functions:
- trains - thanks to a special assembly, the products in the container undergo heat treatment with steam, preserving a maximum of vitamins and minerals. The device has good power, which allows you to mix a variety of ingredients: meat, vegetables, fruits, grains and other, more solid products. The device can prepare meals for the child at any stage of feeding;
- crushes - based on a special mechanism that works as a blender, grinding the necessary products right in the jug. You can even process meat;
- defrosts - with the help of a special built-in mechanism, you can not only warm cooked dishes in a couple of minutes, but also defrost cold foods on an accelerated mode;
- warms up, whips - special nozzles that are included in the instrument, allow you to quickly mix the products inside the tank, and heating is possible due to the mechanism of heat treatment at low power.
The main advantages of this device can be described as follows: mild steaming of products, the preservation of all nutrients and nutrients, with the possibility of chopping products in mashed potatoes for the smallest. With this device you can cook different dishes for children very quickly and easily.
- small size;
- ease of use and care;
- the ability to use additional accessories;
- high power for making mashed potatoes;
- the function of protection against improper use (this means that the device will work only with proper assembly);
- natural materials - there are no bisphenol inclusions in the plastic (they are substances harmful to the body).
For baby food you need an appliance that will handle food as carefully as possible.
This is exactly what the manufacturers of the Avent double boiler were guided by equipping it with additional accessories for better use:
- paddle - necessary to simplify the main functions - grinding and processing of products in mashed potatoes;
- special containers for storage - 120 ml;
- children's recipe book. It is written by a professional chef to facilitate cooking and to use the functions of a double boiler to the maximum.
If desired, you can also buy an extra chopping bowl and food storage containers.
- bowl - volume 1 liter. Used to process ingredients with steamed solid vegetables and fruits;
- capacity for grinding products - 7.2 ml;
- power - 400 watts;
- cord - 70 cm
How to apply
Using the Philips SCF-875 Avent is a pleasure. He can perform the functions of a mixer with a special knife and present, if desired, the assembly "2 in 1": process the products (as a double boiler), then turn them into puree (as a blender).
Main dishes that can be prepared using the universal steamer:
- mashed potatoes from vegetables such as zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, onions, peppers and beets. It is possible to use even a pumpkin in the composition of dishes;
- meat preparations, based on beef, chicken breast, pork and turkey - processing takes place as quickly as possible;
- delicate fish soufflé: cod, trout, as well as red and low-fat varieties;
- fruit jams or light smoothies from apples, strawberries, oranges, peaches or plums. You can easily mix products with each other;
- bean puree puree: peas, chickpeas, mash.
However, it should be remembered that to make a smoothie you can mix soft fruits and vegetables, and to make mashed potatoes, you must first treat the vegetables with steam.
Activating the operation of a blender steamer in one device is very simple: the necessary amount of water is poured into a special container, and the processed or raw components of the dish are placed in the bowl itself. Pre-products can be cut into cubes, measuring two or three centimeters. After that, you can turn on the device.
As soon as the steam cooking is completed, the device must be turned over and the grinder turned on (there is a special button on the panel). As a result, in 30 minutes of total cooking, you can get a uniform mashed potatoes, which you can immediately feed the baby. Parts of the Avent SCF-875 can be washed in a dishwasher or under water.
- recycling solid fruitin - 5 minutes;
- orange and plum pieces the mechanism processes the steam - 10 minutes;
- light, lean fish - 15 minutes;
- solid vegetables (carrot, beet, spinach, celery, cabbage) - 15 minutes;
- potatoes, pulses and broccoli - 20 minutes;
- processing of meat products will also require about 20 minutes.
The device is also equipped with pleasant trifles that will help to quickly prepare and clean the mechanism.
For example, manufacturers equipped a large volume container, in order to cook a dish for 4 portions at a time.
Store steamed vegetables, mashed potatoes, or fish cakes in the refrigerator for several days, and if desired, quickly heat for a few seconds in a steamer.
In addition, both containers presented in the set can be washed in the dishwasher - this significantly speeds up the care of the double boiler. Steel blades are easily detached and can also be washed in the machine. The water tank is located as conveniently as possible - it can be filled in a few seconds.
Taking into account how much the gadgets filled the daily life of a person, manufacturers decided to release a special application where you can choose interesting recipes, find useful life hacks on the use of a double boiler, read tips on caring for the appliance and proper cooking.
The sound system is built in the device - it is not necessary to wait until the steam cooker processes the products. The mechanism will alert you when it is ready to turn off. All that remains is to turn the jug over and after a few minutes the mashed potatoes can be served on the table.
How to care
For proper and long-lasting operation, the Philips Avent double boiler needs to be regularly descaled. Should be considered:
- before cleaning the device, it is necessary to disconnect it from the power supply;
- to quickly clean the device, you can use a solution with citric acid: every ten grams of powder must be dissolved in two hundred milliliters of water;
- for cleaning double boiler using vinegar, mix acid (55 ml) with water (150-300 ml);
- pour a special solution in the water tank, while freeing up the food container;
- activate the device in cooking mode for ten minutes;
- then drain the liquid and rinse the container and tank with plain water;
- in the last stage It is necessary to fill the device with water and turn it on twice for the full cooking cycle.
A device that allows you to prepare and process dishes, and to preserve it with useful vitamins, is an excellent helper for housewives, especially for mummies, who always need fresh mashed potatoes for the little ones. Reviews about the double boiler "Avent" from Philips are the most positive. Some have a pleasant shape, others talk about easy and quick use.
Indeed, many devices are equipped with a large number of functions that can be confused.
In the "Avent" from Philips as simple as possible functionality. Many also like the fun method of using the grinding function: you need to scroll and turn the bowl.
Moms also note the ability to wash parts of a double boiler in a dishwasher, and the device itself is only wiped with a damp cloth - there is a special coating that repels dirt. The only drawback seen with the Avent SCF-875 is a small amount of power — sometimes processing raw foods can take a lot of time. Therefore, many advise to pre-crush hard fruits and vegetables.