Stand for the refrigerator
- When should coasters be used?
- Product classification
- Use the space under the pedestal
- Thumbnail selection criteria
Many owners of refrigerators use the floor as the main support. But this is not always an alternative solution. Sometimes as a base, you can use special coasters under the refrigerator. These designs are of several types, which makes it possible to choose it for any interior.
When should coasters be used?
These designs are special layers that are installed between the floor and the bottom of the refrigerator. They may have several purposes:
- Leveling the floor. To solve such problems, thumbs are used quite rarely, but still this option is possible.
- Level up. Apply this approach in cases where the size of the refrigerator is relatively small. Thus, it is adapted to the specific height of a person.
- Reduced vibration. This approach involves the use of special materials that can dampen mechanical vibrations. It is recommended to apply to refrigerators that stand on an uneven floor or emit too much rattling.
The use of coasters is impractical only in a few cases:
- The height of the refrigerator does not allow installing a gasket of any size from below.
- After the location of the stand access to the shelves difficult.
- Structural features of the technology do not allow the use of any substrate.
Coasters for refrigerators are not so common, as they are used quite rarely. There are several types of such structures:
- Thumbs. These products are wooden or plastic boxes of various sizes. Many of them are complemented by special drawers on wheels. Such structures can additionally be used for the storage of certain household products.
- Metal mesh. Such designs are found under the old Donbass refrigerators.
- Stands for legs. This type of product consists of several small elements that can be installed below the bottom of each support. Often they have anti-vibration properties and are used to reduce vibrations.
Use the space under the pedestal
This type of stand is one of the most common, as you can even build them at home. The functionality of the cabinet is not limited to the formation of a support for the refrigerator. The inner box can be used for various tasks:
- Food storage. For this perfect cabinet with drawers or closing drawers. Here you can arrange from potatoes to cereals.
- Installing home appliances. It can fit as a small microwave or dishwasher. It all depends on the specific size of your chosen bollards.
Conventionally, this type of stand can be divided into several types:
- Steel sheet structures. These products are the largest and most durable. They can withstand a large refrigerator without losing their characteristics for a long time.
- Drawers from the array. There are such coasters rarely, as wood is quite expensive and is used for the manufacture of other products.
- Stands of chipboard or plywood. The design of this material itself can not stand the refrigerator. Therefore, they are additionally reinforced with metal sheets and corners.
Thumbnail selection criteria
Before buying a stand, it is important to first understand what requirements it must meet. You can choose the right product, following a few simple recommendations:
- The bollard must safely bear the weight of the refrigerator. Experts recommend to give preference to metal structures. Plastic analogues can only be used for products with low weight. An alternative to metal can be a structure made of wood. It can be ordered specialist who will make it as durable as possible.
- A good stand should be as functional as possible. Therefore, it is better to give preference to designs in which you can place any items or use them as a temporary storage of products.
- The support is not only a support, but also an interior element. Her design should match the overall style of the room. Therefore, it is important to select products also in appearance.
A refrigerator stand is an alternative way to optimize its spatial location. When buying such products, evaluate their strength and only then pay attention to the design characteristics. An excellent option would be a built-in fridge + stand under the fridge. So it will not violate the integrity of the interior of the kitchen and will save space. And how to do this, see the next video.