Stainless steel steamer
With the help of a stainless steel steamer, you can diversify the process of preparing gourmet dishes. This household appliance allows you to cook healthy and tasty food, which is recommended by nutritionists. Steamed products retain their natural taste and beneficial properties.
Fast, tasty, easy
It is no coincidence that the invention belongs to the doctor of medical sciences and mechanic Denis Papin. Back in 1769, he carefully studied the operation of steam boilers and eventually decided to try to process food in a special technological way. The scientist came to the conclusion that the process of cooking for a couple is faster, compared with other methods, because the boiling point of water is too high. If products are tightly covered with a lid, oxygen will not be able to penetrate and oxidize the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in them. The natural composition of meat, fish, fruits and vegetables will remain unchanged.
At the beginning of the twentieth century, European chefs working in elite restaurants decided to try a forgotten technique of a famous inventor. They realized that the heat treatment of products - the most valuable and unique. Over time, steamers have spread around the world and have been improved by manufacturing companies.
Little about technology
Modern stainless steel steamers are gas and electric:
- The saucepan-double boiler for cooking on gas consists of several tiers. Its lower part is filled with liquid. For the amount of water you need to constantly monitor that it does not boil. This is a fairly economical option, since natural gas is cheaper than electricity.
- Electric Steamers easier to use than gas. They are well save time, energy and energy, as they allow you to simultaneously cook several dishes. It is not necessary to control the process of cooking: the audio technology works offline. The devices are equipped with different settings and a timer. They also have a convenient folding design.
Today, customers can offer different options for cooking steaming. When choosing a kitchen appliance, you need to pay attention to the material from which it is made. Stainless steel steamers have individual properties:
- They are more reliable and durable than other products, such as plastic.
- They are not afraid of moisture and do not rust. The main metal from which they are made is steel. It is practical to use it, as it retains heat well and is not affected by external factors.
- Durable steel construction does not break, washes well and retains its properties.
- The mirror surface of the device indicates that in its alloy there is nickel - a chemically inactive heavy metal.
When purchasing a useful stainless steel appliance with which it is pleasant to spend time in the kitchen, you need to pay attention not only to its technical parameters, but also to the manufacturer. It is easy to get confused, because many of the names at the hearing.
Get feedback help customer reviews. Users note that the best companies are Braun, Philips Daily Collection, Bork, Polaris and Tefal:
- Braun steamers are attractive and easy to use. They allow you to quickly cook, reheat and defrost foods. They have large bowls where chicken or large fish easily fit. There is an additional capacity for cooking cereals.
- Philips Daily Collection steamers are practical. Electric models are equipped with an automatic timer, which notifies about the readiness of food with a sound signal. A special indicator prevents the device from overheating if liquid has evaporated in it.
- Russian-made Bork steam cookware has a convenient design that is easily folded and disassembled. It is equipped with many functions, for example, there is a timer, a thermostat and a “quick steam”.
- Technique Polaris made in Russia looks beautiful, with many functions. It has simple controls and a water level control window.
- Tefal dishes take up little space. In the double boiler capacity containers that can be easily removed and wash even in the dishwasher.
Steamer - an indispensable thing for any hostess. She will take care of healthy food, and at the same time surprise with unusual dietary dishes.