Most housewives can only dream of a large and spacious kitchen. Many city apartments are equipped with small rooms for cooking. But small-sized kitchens have their advantages. So their repair takes a lot less money than repairing a large room. In addition, in a small space at the hostess everything is at hand, which greatly speeds up the cooking process. In order to create coziness and comfort in the kitchen room, it is necessary to select and arrange the furniture correctly. The development of an elegant design of small-sized kitchen, as in the photo, requires the implementation of non-standard solutions.
The unusual design of the kitchen set for a small-sized kitchen made it comfortable and functional.
Choosing a way of kitchen planning, you should decide in advance which zone the owners prefer: working or dining. If the dining room for them is an indispensable element of the kitchen room, then it will be necessary to save as much space for it as possible, to select a compact suite. Design small kitchens for small apartments can be seen in the photo.
Suitable for small square rooms. Wall cabinets can occupy only one wall, and on the other you can, for example, hang a TV. In the corner opposite put a dining table and chairs. The corner element is often washing. Another option is to simply put a floor cabinet and hang a wall-mounted corner cabinet. On the corner of the countertop, you can put a small appliance, for example, a microwave or a coffee machine. Photos of corner mini-kitchens for small apartments can be viewed below.
Angular placement of the kitchen set allows you to safely install a refrigerator and a dining table.
If the dining area is brought to the loggia or the hall, then you can put a large suite that will occupy the space of almost the entire kitchen. The set, set in the shape of the letter P, is equipped with a sufficient number of drawers that can accommodate all the kitchen utensils. Most often under the window set sink. So the hostess will be able to wash food and dishes, admiring the opening view from the window.
In order not to clutter up the space in the U-shaped kitchen, you can use the open top shelves instead of wall cabinets
The kitchen wall of the U-shaped form is equipped with two corners. Their space must be used to the maximum. For convenient access to the contents of the corner cabinets, it is recommended to install shelf-roundabouts, as well as sliding systems. Design corner furniture for small kitchens can be seen in the photo.
Retractable carousel in the corner kitchen
This type of headset placement is the most versatile, fits into the kitchen of any size, suitable for owners who want to save. In addition, such kitchen walls are always on sale in the finished version. Linear headset layout allows you to set a complete dining area. Kitchen design direct planning in a small apartment is shown in the photo.
With linear placement you can set a complete dining area
One of the ways to save space is to take large-sized equipment to another room: a refrigerator, a dishwasher. The appliance can be installed in the corridor, on the loggia or balcony. So the hostess will have to spend more time moving between the elements of the working area, but in the kitchen will be freed up useful space.
Combining the kitchen with the living room will give more space
When designing a small-sized kitchen, you should think about making furniture to order. It will ideally fit into the allotted space, taking into account the architectural features of the room. Photos of interior design options for small-sized kitchens can be seen below.
Furniture design work area
When choosing furniture for the kitchen, much attention is paid to the design of the facade of the headset. They can be made from:
- Natural wood or material replacing it (veneered MDF). Wooden kitchen looks expensive, warm and cozy. This option is suitable for such styles as Provence, Country, Scandinavian minimalism. You can decorate the small-sized kitchen in a modern variation of the classic style. The main thing is not to install a set, richly decorated with decorative elements: carving, gilding, stucco, massive fittings. Such decorations overload the interior, visually reduce the size of the space. Photos of compact and narrow kitchen sets for a small kitchen are presented below.
- MDF or chipboard coated with plastic or paint. Solid smooth facades look great in many modern styles: minimalism, hi-tech, modern, pop art and others. For small kitchens, the use of glossy facades that reflect light is recommended. Photos of built-in glossy kitchens in small apartments can be seen below.
Glossy surfaces of dark facades do not make the kitchen heavier
To make the top tier of the headset look light and airy, you can:
- Install glass doors. Glass can be inserted in aluminum or wood edging. Transparent surfaces let in light and visually take up less space. If the owners do not want guests to admire the items stored inside the cabinets, you should make frosted glass inserts.
- Make mirror inserts. Reflective elements will make the room deeper, lighter, add refinement to the interior. The design of kitchens with mirrors in small apartments can be seen in the photo.
- Leave cabinets without doors or simply attach open shelves instead. On the shelves should prevail order. Chaotically arranged dishes spoil the impression of the interior as a whole.
An example of the use of mirrors and open shelves in the interior of a small-sized kitchen
Tip! A bright element can divert from a small kitchen area. For example, on the ceiling you can install a colorful lamp or a hanging shelf.
A shelf with a mirror facade will help to visually expand the space
Dining area arrangement
There are several options for compact dining furniture for small-sized kitchens:
- Bar counter. Can be detached, built into the wall or headsets. Laconic and stylish high stools or chairs will fit the stand. Behind the bar can fit from 3 to 5 people. This option is suitable for a small young family. The space under the bar can be used rationally by installing a bar, mini-fridge or cupboard. Kitchen design in a small apartment with a bar can be viewed on the photo.
- Retractable table. The table top can be extended from the work surface or from under the window sill. Folding chairs or stools will fit the table. When chairs are not needed, they are stored on the balcony or in the pantry.
- Transparent furniture. Table and chairs made of transparent plastic or glass can fool the eye. They seem to disappear from the room, making it free.
In the process of designing a small kitchen, an important place is occupied by the issue of lighting. If there is little light in the room, it becomes gloomy, dark, and uncomfortable. To avoid this, take care of a large number of light sources. The interior design of the light small-sized kitchen can be seen in the photo.
In order not to prevent natural light from entering the kitchen, the windows can not be curtained in any way. If the owners do not like what the bare window openings look like, you can beautifully decorate them with the help of transparent tulle and light thin curtains of light color.
There should be a lot of artificial light sources. Spotlights and a chandelier are used for the central part of the room and the dining area. To illuminate the working surface is usually glued to the headset LED strip.
To a small room looked more spacious, you need to choose the finish and furniture of light colors. Repair of the kitchen in a small apartment can be seen in the photo below.
When choosing a color scheme, it is necessary to consider which side of the world windows of the room are facing:
- If the kitchen windows are facing south, the room is often filled with warm golden sunshine, then it can be decorated in cold colors. Light green or blue tones in combination with white color will fill the kitchen with spring freshness.
- If the windows face north, the kitchen is decorated in warm colors. Sand, pink, yellow tones will fill the interior with comfort and home warmth.
Highlight the interior, give it a character, will help accent elements. In the northern kitchen will look beautiful decorative elements of bright juicy colors, for example, red or orange. In the kitchen with windows facing south, the decor of dark colors would be appropriate. The design of the mini-kitchen in a small apartment with bright accents is presented in the photo below.
Tip! The front door will take up less space if it opens into the corridor. Another rational option is to install sliding doors made of clear or frosted glass.
Being engaged in the development of small-sized kitchen design, first of all it is necessary to solve the issues of ergonomics and convenience. It is necessary to think over every centimeter of space. Choosing the right color scheme, conveniently placing the furniture and having carefully worked out the lighting system, you can create an attractive interior.