Small fridges with freezer
No living space is complete without a refrigerator. There are situations when large units are not needed, but the basic functions of the device are necessary. Small fridges with freezer come to the rescue.
Vestiges of the past
Units of the past era were small-sized, in principle, probably because it was not possible to place large equipment in Khrushchev and Brezhnevka.
It all started with the release in 1950 of the first serial absorption refrigerator called "Gas Apparatus".A year later, the ZIS-Moscow apparatus came out, the number of which already in five years totaled 6,230 units. 1954 was marked by a more advanced model under the brand name "North".
In 1956, in the city of Velikie Luki, the production of the first thermoelectric refrigerator “Morozko” was launched. Until now, in the apartments of pensioners or cottages can be found the very Soviet refrigerators.
Busy people, rarely at home, do not need bulky equipment, as they do not store large stocks of food. The country refrigerator can be small, as the second option for a family that does not live there permanently. Office, for mini-hotels, hostels, hospitals, communal apartments, small-sized studios - there are plenty of applications for mini-refrigerators.
The dimensions of this equipment are usually small. Height ranges from 50 to 145 cm, standard width - from 45 to 60 cm, depth - from 50 to 60 cm.
In appearance, such devices are quite miniature, but the properties of the large counterparts (cooling and freezing) are preserved in them. Depending on the size of the freezer compartment, such installations can be divided into two types:
- Single compartment with freezer compartment. A feature of this model is a relatively large refrigeration compartment with a volume of 25 to 140 liters and a small freezing compartment - from 4 to 30 liters. Such a device has one main door, the freezer is closed inside with a small door. Most often it is located at the top of the whole structure. The work of the entire installation provides one compressor.
- Two-compartment with full freezer. The refrigeration compartment has a volume of from 120 to 200 liters, the freezer is from 40 to 60 liters. Each cell has its own door. Such a device saves electricity when opening one of the doors, because it does not require cooling and freezing at the same time. A single compressor saves energy.
Depending on the design decision may be:
- Embedded. Usually they are chosen by people for whom it is extremely important to make the refrigerator inconspicuous so as not to disturb the harmony in the interior of the kitchen. The advantages of such devices will be additional noise and heat insulation due to the panels covering the surface of the refrigerator. But the high cost can be attributed to the minuses.
- Stand alone. Autonomous devices, as a rule, are more functional than embedded counterparts. In some models, convenient control panels are displayed on the front side. Cost is usually cheaper.
Positive aspects of small refrigerators were appreciated by residents of small apartments, gardeners, office owners. They note the following characteristics:
- Perform the most necessary functions.
- Relatively light weight.
- The possibility of easy transportation.
- Relatively low power consumption.
- Small useful volume.
- High noise.
- No additional options.
- Narrow colors and simplicity of design.
In the market of home appliances presented a huge number of refrigerators of small size. The most popular single-chamber models are:
- Indesit TT 85 is a compact device, only 850 mm high, which reflects its name, its width is 600 mm, its depth is 615 mm.. An electromechanical control method is provided. The freezer is located at the top, its usable volume is 14 liters, and the refrigerating chamber is 106 liters.
There are two shelves, a box for vegetables and fruits; there are shelves and on the door for storing cans and bottles. There is the possibility of re-hanging the door and manual defrosting system.
- Beko TS1 90320 - small-sized, only 818 mm high, 475 mm wide, 53 mm deep. Single-compressor, with a manual defrosting system and electromechanical control, energy consumption class A +, spends only 118 kW per year. Freezer at the top, the volume of 7 liters, the refrigerator compartment is 86 liters. The noise level is 43 dB. Ability to work in a double climate class: SN and T.
- Liebherr T 1414 - quite small, height - 850 mm, width - 501 mm, depth - 620 mm. Single-compressor with electromechanical type of control and drip defrosting of the refrigerating chamber, the net volume of which is 108 liters.
The freezer is defrosted manually, its capacity is 14 liters. Freezing capacity is small - only 2 kg per day. The refrigerant is isobutane.
- Saratov 452 Gray - mini gray fridge, has a height of 875 mm, width - 480 mm, depth - 590 mm. Energy class B, eats up already 219 kW per year. The freezing compartment is located on top, holds up to 15 liters of frozen food, the refrigerator compartment with a capacity of 107 liters. An ice tray, egg holder and oiler are provided. Freon acts as a coolant.
Popular two-chamber counterparts are represented by the following models:
- Supra RF-097T - very compact, its dimensions are 83.7 cm / 49.2 cm / 47 cm (height / width / depth). Single-compressor, with electromechanical type defrost. Provides operation in two climate classes: N and ST. Quite quiet, its noise level is 39 dB. The refrigerating chamber together with a freezer contains 96 l of products.
- Indesit ST 145 - this model is relatively high - 145 cm, width 60 cm, depth 66.5 cm. Energy class B, spends 401 kW per year, which is quite a lot. It features a multi-level cooling method and a protective anti-bacterial system. The freezer with a usable volume of 51 liters is divided into two compartments: for the storage of meat and ice. The refrigeration compartment has a capacity of 194 liters.
- Atlant XM 4208-000 - height is 142.5 cm, width - 54.5 cm, depth 60 cm. The freezer is located at the bottom, has a volume of 42 liters, refrigeration - 131 liters. There are glass and plastic shelves. Illumination of the internal device is made by incandescent lamps. Able to freeze up to 2 kg of products per day.
- Pozis RK-101 - dimensions 145 cm / 60 cm / 65 cm. Equipped with LED lamps to illuminate the contents. The shelves are made of impact-resistant glass, able to take a load of up to 40 kg. The unit is completed with solid-cast boxes, which prevents it from failing prematurely. Freezing capacity - up to 4 kg per day.
The range of modern appliance stores is huge. However, in the recent Soviet past, such a variety of refrigerators could only dream of.