Small built-in refrigerator
- Main characteristics
- Mounting methods
- Installation in the headset: the basic rules
- Browse popular models
Modern kitchen sets are made for a certain size and style of the room. Therefore, buying a refrigeration structure, you should consider its appearance and dimensions. One of the popular options for small offices and kitchens is a small built-in refrigerator that can be placed inside a specific cabinet or drawer.
These products can be additionally painted to the color of the main headset, which allows you to create an imitation of high-grade furniture. The popularity of such refrigerators is ensured by their practicality, compactness and high-quality technical indicators.
Small refrigerators are complete units, whose functions are no different from large counterparts. The difference between these structures is only in their volume. Small refrigerators, which are used as built-in elements, are equipped with cameras with a capacity of 60 to 170 liters. The height of the structure can vary in a wide range, but in most cases it is close to the value of 85 cm.
It should be noted that there are devices with even smaller volume, perfectly suitable for use in a small office.
Compact refrigerators can be divided into 2 main types:
- Constructions with a freezer. Refrigeration units of this type with small dimensions are quite rare. Still, they can be found on the market, as they are very practical and allow you to store several types of products at different temperatures.
- Refrigerators without freezer. Single-chamber devices are used for the temporary storage of similar products. Very often, such a built-in attribute can be found in the office or in a small kitchen.
Embedded small home refrigerators are common designs that can be placed inside a headset. Depending on the design features, such products can be divided into several main types:
- Fully embedded technology. The case of such a refrigerator in this case, the whole hides behind the doors of thumbs or cabinets. To arrange the device in this way, it is necessary to select the appropriate dimensions of both composite systems. Some modifications of the refrigerators are quite wide, which requires the use of only two-door pedestals. The disadvantage of this method of installation is the limited opening angle of the doors, which often does not exceed 90 degrees. To get rid of this flaw apply kitchen sets, equipped with sliding doors.
- Partially embedded systems. Similar designs are notable for the lack of kitchen door, which would close the refrigerator. To fit the product into the main kitchen design, it can be supplemented with decorative doors that represent the facade of the pedestal. Such systems allow you to increase the opening angle to 110-115 degrees. One of the advantages of partially embedded refrigeration units is the absence of dirt between the doors of the headset and the mechanism itself.
Many experts recommend when buying a small refrigerator for the kitchen, to give preference to models that allow you to change the side of the mounting door. Thus, it is possible to optimize the system for specific conditions and, if necessary, easily adapt to the new environment.
Installation in the headset: the basic rules
Installation of small refrigeration systems inside the kitchen is not particularly difficult and involves only placing them in the right place and connecting to the electrical network. But it is important to take into account several recommendations:
- The structure is not directly butt-mounted. with other built-in types of equipment (oven, microwave).
- It is prohibited to place the hob directly above the refrigerator.. This can lead to its constant heating and rapid failure of all design schemes and mechanisms.
- It is desirable to place the product in a niche., the size of which is slightly larger than its size. Experts recommend keeping a gap of up to 7 cm between the walls of the cabinet and the refrigerator.
- Installation in the cabinet is made only on the lattice base., as which the wooden substrate can act. Do not mount the structure on a flat and solid floor, since for optimal performance it requires a minimum level of ventilation of the enclosure.
- It is also necessary to leave a gap between the back walls of the products., rather than dock them closely.
- Cap under the technique Do not close tightly.
Installation and connection of the built-in refrigerator - in the video below.
This type of refrigerator can be installed directly in the kitchen or in any other room where the furniture is appropriate. Among the advantages of embedded systems are several features:
- Ability to adapt to any style and interior design. At the same time, some models do not affect these characteristics at all, since they hide behind the doors. Partially embedded refrigerators should also be selected by design in order to correctly fit into the overall concept of the room.
- Space saving. The design is located directly in the cabinet, which is already in place. There is no need to perform redevelopment or movement of furniture, as if you need to install conventional systems.
- Low noise level. The reason for this is not only the small dimensions, but also a certain sound insulation of the material from which the cabinet or the whole set is made.
- Minimum consumption of electricity. This is especially true of refrigerators without a freezer, which perform only temperature maintenance in a small space.
Browse popular models
The modern market is saturated with many modifications of built-in refrigerators, which are distinguished by technical equipment and design. Among this set there are several popular manufacturers and models of such devices:
- Bosch KUR 15A50. The refrigerator is a white construction, which is made of high-quality plastic. The system consumes about 146 kWh / year, which is a fairly economical purchase. The noise level does not exceed 38 dB. A distinctive feature of the product is the presence of antibacterial coating. The dimensions of the products are 59.8 * 54.8 * 82 cm (w * g * c), which allows placing it in most standard kitchen modules. The volume of the refrigerator is 141 liters.
- Beko 1100 HCA. The dimensions of the refrigerator are 59.8 * 54.5 * 82 cm, and the noise level is no more than 38 dB. The design is single-chamber, the volume of which reaches 121 liters. The main material is high-quality white plastic. The shelves are made of durable glass, and the chamber is characterized by the presence of an antibacterial coating.
- Whirlpool ARG590 / A + is a single-chamber system. It should be noted that the inside of the refrigerator is complemented by a small freezer, the volume of which reaches 18 liters. The system is controlled by mechanical switches. A distinctive feature of such refrigeration units is the presence of a reversible door, allowing to adapt the system to solve specific problems.
- Hotpoint Ariston WL 36 / HA. This model is a special wine cabinet that is used to store various beverages. This refrigerator is small in size (height 68 cm, width 56 cm, depth 54 cm).
It should be noted that small freezers can be attributed to this category of products. They are small in size, allowing you to install them inside the kitchen. Among the most popular models of such products are the following products:
- Hotpoint Ariston BF 901 E AA. Height - 86 cm, and the volume of the freezer about 100 liters.
- Electrolux EUN 1100 FOW. The volume of the chamber is 108, and the height of the structure does not exceed 81 cm.
Mini-refrigerators are versatile products that can be used to solve various problems without disturbing the basic design of the room. When choosing such products should take into account not only their technical characteristics, but also reviews of the owners.