Sizes of hoods in the kitchen
How to choose the size of the hood in the kitchen, so that it not only performs its functions, but also blends harmoniously with the interior ensemble - a question that customers ask in a wide range of models.
At first glance it may seem that it is rather difficult to choose it, because the purchase of the hood occurs less frequently than the purchase of other household appliances, but this is quite a feasible task, you just need to familiarize yourself with some of the nuances of choice.
How to choose
There are several nuances that need to be taken into account when choosing household appliances to complete the kitchen. In the case of nadplitnym filters this:
- The mode of operation of the device. The kitchen environment is cleaned in two ways: by removing gas from the air and combustion products outside the room and by filtering, which involves the circulation of air through the kitchen that is being cleaned through special filters. If the capacity of the room allows, it is necessary to give preference to the exhaust mode;
- Performance. Since the kitchen is the working area of a hostess, the microclimate in the room is polluted, odors accumulate that are difficult to eliminate by airing. To keep it clean and fresh longer, you must install the hood with good performance.
This parameter is determined by the volume of air that the device passes through itself for a certain time.
Sanitary standards prescribe that the entire volume of air in the kitchen during cooking should be replaced in an hour.
- Dimensions. The most important parameter here is the width. It determines the throughput of the device, as well as the ability to catch evaporation, odors, fat.
The hood should be equal to the width of the cooking surface, and it is better to exceed it by a few centimeters;
- Energy efficiency. Power consumption is as important as performance. The amount of energy required for the device to work, depends on its efficiency;
- Mounting method. Classics of the genre here - suspended hood. It is mounted in the wall above the hob at an altitude of 60-70cm.
Option is also possible built in technology. It is mounted directly in the locker of the headset above the stove. Such models are equipped with a sliding panel, which expands the area of air intake above the working surface.
The third type is fireplace or dome hoods that are attached not to the wall, but to the ceiling and in their form resemble a dome.
Rarely there are angular, quite a rare case for home cooking - an island hood, similar in design to the hood in the restaurant’s kitchen - above a large stove, which is located in the center of the room;
- Type of management. It can be push-button, touch or slider, which is carried out using a mechanical switch;
- Noise level. Unfortunately, modern technologies have not yet stepped so far that the equipment works absolutely silently. From the existing options you should choose a device in the range from 35 to 70 dB. They are not 100% noiseless, but will not cause discomfort;
- Body material. Stainless steel will be the most expensive and at the same time the easiest to clean and durable purchase. Enamel and powder coatings live less, but at a price significantly inferior to steel products. Tempered tinted glass, perhaps the most stylish and spectacular of materials, but it is very capricious in the care.
Conventionally, you can divide them into three categories: small, medium, large.
Minimum footage of an apartment is not a reason to leave the kitchen without cleaning and protection from burning and soot. If it has a compact stove with a number of burners of no more than two, the choice falls on the exhaust surface of similar size.
The easiest option - from 30 cm in width; the depth corresponds to the typical width parameters - from 30 cm and must be equal to or greater than the built-in cooking surface.
The next in size in this segment is a 40 cm wide hood. Its capabilities are slightly more extensive than the most minimalist models, but it is not able to cope with the amount of fumes, products of combustion and fat produced by the large hob. This is the best option for small kitchens and narrow furniture niches.
45 cm overhead filters can handle a wide range of tasks. Such hoods will provide long-term preservation of fresh repair, make the air in the room clean, do not let food smells go outside the kitchen. Their power in most cases is sufficient for operation in a studio apartment, and a wide range of models will make the choice easy and enjoyable.
Instruments whose width is from 50 cm and above can be considered as standard. They are most popular due to ease of use, variety of models, high performance and attractive appearance, which fits well into any interior. Suitable for kitchen 6-9 meters with the appropriate capacity.
Standard overlay filters come in a variety of configurations.
Inclined. This is a stylish and flat alternative to the bulky hood of the old model. A distinctive feature of this type of model is the rapid movement of polluted air through the narrowed space of the air cleaner away from the room. Also the advantages of this type of model include:
- Modern design;
- High performance. Features of the internal device of the device provide high-quality air purification from soot and odors;
- Efficiency. Absorption occurs without intensive work of the motor, which contributes to reducing energy consumption;
- Noiselessness. The improved engine performance turns the air cleaner into a reliable assistant, whose work practically does not interfere with the owner's hearing;
- Smart features. Touch control allows you to adjust the speed and time, check the status of filters, set the desired mode of operation. For example, to delay the start of work, increase the duration to half an hour and other useful features.
- Halogen lamps. They give a soft light over the cooking surface, which is necessary during cooking, and introduce a decorative element into the interior;
- Surface grill to protect the engine from the accumulation of fat.
- Cassette. These are suspended air cleaners that are installed directly above the cooking surface. The most common type - filter hoods operating in the circulation mode. The advantages of the model are in its compactness, the ability to organically fit the device into the kitchen, beautiful appearance and affordable price. There are a few points that need to be considered before buying a cassette hood: its power is low, and the grease filter needs to be replaced often enough.
- With filter. Modern hoods are equipped with a carbon or fat filter or a combination of them.
Fat is a barrier to soot and small particles; They protect the interior of the device and the air duct from layers of grease and dirt. Suitable for exhaust and for working in circulation mode devices.
The carbon filter is a device capable of eliminating fumes, soot, dirt, impurities, odors when cooking. Such filters cannot be cleaned; they should be replaced after the expiration date.
The standard models include exhaust surfaces 55 cm wide. They have high performance and several high-speed modes, due to which they are able to clean the air from soot, fumes, odors as soon as possible. Suitable for rooms over 9 square meters.
Air purifiers 59-60 cm will cope with their task, where the most courageous culinary experiments were conducted, even if they were unsuccessful. The power of this device allows you to update 97% of the air in the room, relieves the kitchen of smoke, soot, unwanted odors, gas and steam.
Common 60 cm
- Telescopic or retractable built-in hood. A flat device of a rectangular shape, which consists of two surfaces-sliders connected by a special sliding mechanism. This "secret" kitchen ventilation is perfectly integrated into the set, does not clutter the space, performs its functions no worse than the old-style hoods.
Another indisputable advantage of a telescopic hood is the ability to arrange it horizontally or vertically. In both cases, it will work equally well, so everything depends only on the desire to organize space in one way or another;
- Suspended (mounted, classic, traditional). Laconic and budget option for any kitchen, as the design and construction are simple, and the operation mode does not require connection to the ventilation system. In contrast to the blowers with air blowers, the air is cleaned with the help of fat and carbon filters, some models are equipped with a disposable acrylic filter. Suspended hood performance is low because the recirculation mode does not require much power. Mounted such exhaust surfaces in the cabinet or directly on the wall above the stove;
- Visor. One of the most popular types of hoods. And this is not surprising, because the device of this type is small in size, low price, easy mounting and reliability in operation. Visor hoods occupy a leading position on the criterion of performance, effectively absorb evaporation, combustion products, odors. Modern models are equipped with special smell sensors that activate the device without the intervention of the owner, when necessary.
Also, the hood has an automatic shutdown mode, and an electronic display and LED-lighting make it as easy to use as possible;
- Corner. Reasonable solution for a small-sized kitchen, as the special location of the device saves space.
The corner hood is also multifunctional, almost silent, ergonomic, attractive in design and color solutions. In addition, in the interior, it often looks more interesting and original than the usual;
- The wall. Also called wall, fireplace or dome. It is mounted directly on the wall, does not require large space, therefore it is ideal for most kitchens with standard plate sizes of 50-60 cm. A variety of models allows you to choose the best option that suits the style of the entire kitchen and the necessary technical characteristics for each specific type of room;
- Mortise. Built-in type air cleaner. Conveniently located in the furniture niche, it looks beautiful in combination with headset and household appliances, effectively performs its task. With high performance it is able to function in exhaust and recirculation mode;
- T-shaped. Strict and sophisticated appearance combined with high performance, quiet operation, convenient operation.
The most common is the eternal classic - a white exhaust surface and its practical alternative is black. A large number of cream-colored hoods, devices with glass, additionally performing the function of decor.
Also popular are beige, silver, steel, brown surfaces.
Krona "Kamilla 600" - built-in hood 60 cm wide, - silent assistant in the kitchen up to 10 square meters. Three levels of performance, filtering air through the overhead aluminum filters, anti-return valve, blocking access to unpleasant odors back to the kitchen, ability to remember the latest switching speed, halogen lighting.
Elikor - products of the Russian manufacturer. The choice of various models is possible from several collections: "Art", "Modern", "Country", "Classic" and air cleaners, among which the mortise unit is widespread.
Jet air - Italian hoods, known for their reliability, quality of materials and assembly, innovative solutions, stylish performance. The advantages include: functionality, design, making the hood of this brand decoration of the kitchen, a variety of designs, the presence of acoustic packages, providing a minimum level of noise, a special coating that protects against abrasion and the appearance of defects on the body of the device.
"Hephaestus" - Belarusian hoods, widespread in Russia and in the markets of the CIS countries. The Brest Gas Equipment Plant produces a wide range of air cleaners of a wide variety of technical characteristics and stylistic decisions. Models of economical and premium class are well proven in everyday life, applicable to an area of up to 20 square meters.
Ariston - a classic line that perfectly integrates into the kitchen space. Very quiet, the best in its segment, not demanding in the care of equipment that will last for many years. The air in the kitchen will always be clean, and the bright lights on the panel will ensure the convenience of working behind the hob and emphasize the beauty of the design.
All models are equipped with removable aluminum filters that can be installed in place after thorough washing.
Hansa and Kaiser - German built-in hoods for the rational use of a small kitchen space. In the best traditions of the manufacturer are made only from quality materials with strict quality control at all stages of production. Among the advantages: high performance, intelligent systems of absorption of odors and heat control in rooms, LED lamps, easy, intuitive control.
Samsung - South Korean production devices. Air cleaner for wall mounting, which will organically look in the kitchen due to the laconic modern design with a steel case or glass. They can be one of two cleaning modes or combine exhaust and circular air filtration.
Integra - a device with a sliding slider panel, which expands the suction zone above the workplace in the kitchen, which speeds up and improves the process of air purification. This device, which is almost imperceptible externally, will also be as quiet as possible thanks to innovative Italian technologies that reduce noise and power consumption.
Gorenje- elegant practicality, functionality and durability of equipment from Slovenia.
These include models with a width of 70 cm. Powerful and at the same time quiet engines provide an amazing performance of wide exhaust surfaces. Suitable for rooms with a large area. Effectively purify the air from combustion products, vapors and odors associated with cooking. They have up to two modes of operation, replaceable filters, several speeds and a set of additional functions, for example, automatic shutdown or odor sensors.
Hoods of 75-80 cm are less common in everyday life than devices of smaller dimensions, since they are designed for a fairly large room area and a wide hob.
The performance of such a device increases in direct proportion to its width, but energy consumption and efficiency remain almost at the same level. Also, the noise at work does not exceed 50 dB, which makes the hood quiet and almost imperceptible.
The device 90 cm wide implies large spaces, therefore extracts of this type differ, first of all, in a variety of shapes (trapezoidal, elongated, rounded) and styles (modern, minimalism, high-tech other).
A common model is an island hood, which can perform the functions of a home air cleaner, as well as its dimensions allow use in food production, for example, in the kitchen of a restaurant or cafe. They are necessary in the kitchen area, where the stove is located in the center or does not adjoin any wall. The island hood is mounted directly to the ceiling, and the rest is similar to the standard models: perfectly cleans the air, has high power, useful functions, convenient control and lighting; absorbs gases, vapors and odors.
Popular hood, located above the hob "cap", from under which no odors and gases do not scatter in the kitchen.
Exhaust panels of 120 and 150 cm - this is a professional elite equipment designed for kitchens, which are very fond of cooking. It combines the advantages of all previous models, but differs from them in size and higher price, respectively.
Product description, even the most eloquent, does not always give a complete picture of how the device will manifest itself in operation. When choosing a kitchen hood, you should pay attention to the reviews of the owners in order to evaluate the advantages and possible pitfalls of purchasing such equipment.
Most buyers unanimously note that a kitchen hood is necessary even in the smallest area.
It makes the air much cleaner and fresher, useful for safety reasons and maintaining the health of the household. Among the advantages of modern technology, first of all, they high performance, ease of use, a variety of shapes and styles, a wide range of colors.
Separate models deserve praise due to the presence of additional functions and modes.
Interesting solutions in the interior
Household appliances do not necessarily imply strict lines and universal forms.
The design of kitchen appliances is developing in line with fashion trends, so that today the market is not limited to trapezoidal hoods or compact embedded devices. The most suitable interior model, you can choose from devices in the style of loft, high-tech, vintage, unique design solutions. It is interesting to look stylized hoods, the surface of glass, a combination of different materials and decor.
A special highlight of the kitchen add hoods of bright colors and original lighting.