Single chamber refrigerator with freezer
The refrigerator is an essential attribute of each house, as it allows to preserve the freshness of products for a long time. The modern market represents many varieties of such technology, which is used in various industries.
A prominent representative here is a single-chamber refrigerator, characterized by small dimensions and full functionality.
Single-chamber refrigerators with a freezer are devices that allow you to simultaneously perform freezing and cooling products. Such a construction consists of several main parts:
- Compressor and channel system, inside of which the refrigerant circulates.
- Electric motor
- Carcass. It can be made by combining materials such as metal and plastic. A distinctive feature of the camera is that in fact it is one, but at the same time inside it is divided into 2 compartments. One of them acts as a cooling tank, and the other as a freezer (in most cases it is equipped with a small internal door).
This structure of the refrigerator combines the two main functions together, which are divided into different units in two-chamber models.
Advantages and disadvantages
Refrigerators with a freezer are used everywhere by many owners of private houses, but nevertheless they are gradually replaced by more advanced two-chamber modifications. Single-chamber systems have many advantages, among which there are several basic properties:
- Functional. The design of the refrigerator combines all the capabilities of full-fledged two-chamber models that are connected in one place.
- Small dimensions. Such models are available in various sizes, which allows you to install them even in small kitchens. Small refrigerators with one camera will perfectly fit into any interior. The volume of such systems varies from 20 to 200 liters, which also allows you to choose the best option for solving specific problems.
- Small cost. The price for single-chamber models is much lower than their dual-chamber counterparts. This property is also present in the implementation of repair, which is not only easier to perform, but also slightly cheaper.
- Low electricity consumption. This feature is relative and depends on the specific device model.
Still, this technique has many significant drawbacks:
- Inconvenience. Opening doors will affect both chambers, which in most cases leads to an increase in temperature and the need to reduce it. This in turn makes the whole system work.
- Loss of tightness. If the door seal loses its characteristics, it will cause both cameras to suffer at the same time.
- Relatively small size the freezer does not allow to put there the required number of products. For normal operation, such systems need to be defrosted several times a year, since ice is gradually accumulating inside the freezer.
The modern market is a variety of models of single-chamber refrigerators with freezer. They can be used not only for solving household tasks, but also as small mini-bars in public catering establishments, etc. Among all this diversity, several popular modifications should be highlighted:
- Daewoo FN-15B2B. The design is made in the original black color and has a capacity of 120 liters.
- Liebherr T 1414. The volume of the freezer is only 15 liters, while the capacity of the refrigerating chamber reaches 107 liters. The design differs in qualitative technical characteristics.
- Bosch KUL 15A50. The refrigerator is made of metal and reaches a height of 84 cm, and the width and height vary in the range of 54-60 cm. The total volume of the chamber is 125 liters, of which 15 liters are occupied by the freezer and 110 liters by the refrigerating compartment. Among the characteristics, you can highlight the function of super-freezing.
- Indesit SD 125. This model of the device belongs already to the increased modifications. The total volume of the camera system is 197 liters, among which 28 liters is occupied by the freezer.
Single-chamber refrigerators with a freezer are universal devices that can completely replace the two-chamber system. If the cost of equipment is important for you and the volume is not important, you should give preference to these modifications.