The best single-chamber refrigerators
Refrigerators in our time have turned from an element of luxury into a necessity, therefore, almost any kitchen is present in the interior. On the market today you can find a huge number of different refrigeration systems, among which special attention should be paid to single-chamber systems.
Features and benefits
Single-chamber refrigerators are used by many owners of private homes. Such household appliances consist of several main parts:
- Housing. In most cases, it is made of high-quality plastic. This part is the cooling chamber where food is stored. To ensure high quality preservation of cold inside, manufacturers make walls of several layers of insulation, which are located in the frame.
- Compressor. This mechanism produces refrigerant condensation, during which the temperature drops.
- Engine and channels, in which the aforementioned fluid is located.
A distinctive feature of single-chamber refrigerators is the presence of only one chamber. In some modifications there may be a small freezer inside. But this approach does not allow to obtain maximum productivity of work, since there is no high-quality thermal insulation between the compartments.
Among the positive aspects of single-chamber refrigerators are the following parameters:
- Small dimensions. This plus is one of the most significant, which is taken into account when buying. Such devices can be installed in almost any kind of kitchen and small rooms. In most cases, single-chamber refrigeration units are used in offices, hotel rooms, compact kitchens. Very often they are used as a mini-bar.
- Price. The cost of such products is much lower than their two-chamber congeners. Therefore, it is effective to buy single-chamber refrigerators in the case when you need to store a small amount of products.
Which is better: single-chamber or dual-chamber
Two-chamber models of refrigerators appeared on the market relatively recently, but they have already gained immense popularity. Comparing these two modifications, it should be understood that each of them has its positive and negative sides.
The main disadvantage of single-chamber systems is the lack of a freezer or its low efficiency. They can only be used to store a specific set of products and for a short time. In turn, two-chamber refrigerators are more perfect and allow not only to store food, but also to freeze it for a long time. However, these units consume much more energy and their price is higher than that of their counterparts with a single camera.
It should be noted that each of these types of refrigerators has occupied its own user niche and is used only for solving typical problems. Therefore, it is impossible to say which one is better.
The principle of operation of all types of refrigerators is one and the same, but at the same time there are many small differences that allow to divide them into certain groups:
- Scope of use. According to this parameter, single-chamber refrigerators can be divided into household and industrial systems. The latter type of device is relatively rare.
- Energy saving level. One of the important factors in the efficiency of a refrigerator is the amount of electricity it consumes. Today, manufacturers are trying to minimize this figure. This led to the fact that the devices are divided into several categories, such as refrigerator class A, A ++, A +++.
- Cooling system. Modern products can be divided into drip mechanisms and refrigerators with technology "No frost". In the latter, a decrease in temperature occurs due to cold air masses.
- Design features. According to this parameter, devices can be divided into stand-alone and recessed. The latter are mounted directly into the kitchen furniture and do not require ventilation, due to the presence of special channels, a more reliable compressor.
- Functional purpose. Today there are many species on the market, which can be divided into small bar-colored walnut, household.
Specifications and dimensions
Refrigerators with a single chamber are made to solve many different problems, which led to the emergence of a huge number of models. They may differ in several basic characteristics:
- Dimensions. These parameters are quite diverse and can vary over a wide range. So, ordinary household models are from 80 to 200 cm in height, and their width and depth can be about 50-60 cm. As for the built-in structures, this class is represented by both narrow and high devices.
- The volume of the camera. This parameter often depends on the previous indicator. There are single-chamber refrigerators, the volume of which can reach only 10-20 liters, whereas on the market one can find large constructions with a chamber capacity of 100-130 liters.
- Power. The amount of electricity consumed depends on this indicator. In most cases, this characteristic depends on the class and volume of the tank. The capacity of single-chamber refrigerators can vary in a wide range from 100 to 300 kWh / year. As for engine power, it may vary depending on the type of refrigeration unit.
Refrigerators today act not only as storage chambers, but are also used for decorating interiors. This led to the fact that the market appeared data home appliances in many colors. Many manufacturers make their products in a classic white color that fits any room design. But for lovers to stand out, you can find a fridge in both silver and black. This style is gradually gaining popularity and becoming popular among many buyers who prefer style "high tech".
If you are the owner of the kitchen "under the tree", it will look great on the refrigerator of the color of a nut or any other tree.
It should be noted that this type of embedded technology is characterized by the possibility of decorating. This became possible due to special overhead panels that can be installed on the facade. This approach is used only in the case when the upper part of the structure does not hide behind the doors of the kitchen unit.
How to choose
When you purchase a single-chamber model, you should consider several of its characteristics:
- The size. This indicator is selected individually depending on the needs and capabilities of the buyer. Thus, an ordinary family of several people should prefer models in which the volume of the chamber is about 120-150 liters. But there are more capacitive modifications suitable for large families.
- Type of cooling. All modern refrigeration systems are equipped with drip cooling or technology "No frost", which carries out a decrease in temperature by air flow. The second type of products is preferable to use, since condensate does not form inside the chamber. But such refrigerators are more powerful, which requires a considerable amount of electricity.
- Climate shooting range. This characteristic indicates in what temperature conditions such devices can be operated. For example, products of class "SN" should be used in rooms that are poorly heated in winter. At the same time, the “ST” class of refrigerators can be operated in regions where the summer temperature rises above 32 degrees.
- Additional functionality. These include the type of control (mechanical, sensory), the presence of a minimum noise level (up to 40 dB).
Top models rating
The market of single-chamber refrigerators is saturated with a large number of models. Of Of all this diversity, there are several popular manufacturers and famous brands:
- Nord. The model range of this brand is represented by a wide variety. Here you can find both small devices with a volume of 46 liters and full-fledged single-chamber refrigerators, the capacity of which chambers can reach 180-190 liters. Production differs in reliability and rather small prices.
- Stinol. The manufacturer releases to the market both small single-chamber structures and dimensional models that are distinguished by reliability and long service life.
- Daewoo Electronics. Refrigerators of this brand have small dimensions (height does not exceed 1 m) with a useful volume of the refrigerator up to 140 liters. Here you can find devices that correspond to different climatic and energy-saving classes.
- Shivaki. A distinctive feature of such refrigerators is their small size, which makes it possible to use them both as ordinary household appliances and as mini-bars.
- "Iceberg". The range of modifications of refrigeration units of this brand varies over a wide range. Here you can find cameras with volumes from 50 to 320 liters, which allows you to choose the optimal system for solving specific problems. These mechanisms are distinguished by a high-quality compressor that can last for a long time.
- Ardo. Most of the modifications of this product are two-chamber designs. Available as compact models with volumes from 200 liters to large products with a capacity of up to 400 liters.
Single-chamber refrigerators are complex structures that do not always work, as the manufacturer guarantees. It should be understood that reviews of such devices in most cases depend on the specific model of the device, and not on the manufacturer itself. So, some budget versions can last only a year or two, while expensive products of the same brand do not fail up to 10 years. Therefore, it is very important when choosing such equipment to take into account the specific feedback from users on certain modifications.
It should be noted that you do not need to trust such information, located on the Internet resource that sells household appliances, as it can be framed.
It is imperative to conduct a comprehensive assessment, exploring forums, recommendations of experts. This will allow you to choose a quality system that will last without failures for a long time.