Shelves for the refrigerator
Without a refrigerator today it is impossible to imagine any modern house. It helps not only to preserve the freshness of products for a long time, but it may well become a stylish interior detail in the kitchen. When choosing a refrigerator, you should pay attention not only to its volume, defrosting method, noise level, but also to the shelves, which are responsible for the functionality of household appliances. Not everyone knows how to choose the right shelves for the refrigerator.
Depending on the type of material from which refrigerated shelves are made, there are three main types of them: plastic, glass, metal.
Plastic shelves - the classic version of the internal filling of the refrigerator. It is easy to wash them, they well keep inadvertently spilled liquids, have sufficient strength.
The disadvantages of plastics include:
- Fragility. Over the years, plastic can crack, stratify
- Color change. The yellowness characteristic of plastic shelves, acquired over time, can spoil the aesthetics of a household appliance.
- Insufficient strength - plastic can crack under high pressure.
- Possible non-ecological compatibility. Fully synthetic material evokes mixed opinions about its effects on products.
Modern expensive refrigerators produced with glass shelves. The tempered glass used in production is very durable. It is able to withstand high temperatures and high weight (up to 20 kg). Refrigerators with glass elements are equipped with an additional air circulation system, which helps to keep food fresh for a long time. The advantages of glass structures:
- Beautiful appearance unchanged over time.
- Strength material.
- Ease of care. Almost all parts are equipped with metal, plastic or rubber edging, which is easily removed when washing. The edging gives an attractive appearance to the product and protects against the run-off of spilled liquid on the lower tiers.
- Ability to retain fluid. Now you can not worry about spilled milk from the package or juice - the liquid will remain on the glass shelf.
The disadvantages of glass include insufficient strength. - it can break.
Metal shelf-lattice known to all from the time of the Soviet refrigerators. Modern models are equipped with grilles with plastic edging that looks, undoubtedly, more aesthetically pleasing. Such parts are characterized by tremendous strength and endurance. The lattice allows air through, thanks to good air circulation the products stay fresh for a long time.
Disadvantages of metal shelves:
- Corrosion of metal. Painted grilles may lose their attractive appearance over time. When choosing a refrigerator, you should prefer a model with chrome-plated metal elements.
- The flow of fluids. The lattice structure cannot hold up accidentally spilled liquids.
- Inconvenience care - dirt and dust stick to the grate, it is rather difficult to wash it.
The shelves of all modern refrigerators are fastened with the help of reliable clamps, which prevents them from rolling out beyond the limits of household appliances.
In most models, shelves can be inserted into slots at any level from the base of the refrigerator, they are universal, which is very convenient when planning the space to accommodate a large number of products.
In a conventional two-compartment refrigerator consisting of a refrigerating chamber and a freezer, the shelves are arranged as follows:
- Horizontal flat elements in the main part for the storage of products used in the near future for cooking and drinks.
- Retractable Containers (lower part of the refrigerator) for storing fruits and vegetables.
- Suspended closed shelf in the lower part (for storage of sausages, fish and other smelling products).
- On the door hinged open compartments, small containers or closed items, balconies for bottles are located.
- Other spare items - for example, egg coasters.
Let us consider in more detail the main options shelves.
Such designs represent original boxes with a cover. Make them from plastic - white or transparent. Less often (and this option is more expensive) - from metal. Such lattice containers are easily breathable, so the products in them stay fresh longer. The only drawback - the inconvenience of care, wash the bars of the grating is problematic.
For closed plastic containers there is an additional air circulation system - in the form of special valves.
To increase the humidity is enough to change the width of the hole. In expensive models, the air temperature is controlled by an electronic system.
It is convenient to store fruits and vegetables in large containers. In the small doorway - creams, lipsticks, pills.
Side elements for drinks
Storage of bottles is carried out in special lower shelves-balconies on the door of the refrigerator. Due to the vertical arrangement of the vessels, the drinks are not spilled. In some models of refrigerators special compartments are provided for cooling wine and champagne.
Some manufacturers offer a single bottle holder that can be attached to any shelf in the fridge.
Original designs transformers offer manufacturers Siemens. The smooth surface is intended for storing ordinary products, ribbed - for bottles.
Shelves in several rows (and even entire compartments) - comfortable storage of bottles in the refrigerator is provided.
Designers of refrigeration equipment have developed special containers for eggs in the form of plastic supports with holes for the product. Each household appliance is sold with the appropriate coasters. Many housewives find this item useless. There are few eggs in such a designer, and the container on the shelf takes up too much space. Store the eggs remains in the store packaging or on the door of the refrigerator.
This accessory is very functional. Most often the mold is attached to the inside of the freezer door. With this accessory, the preparation of professional cocktails and drinks at home has become a reality.
Everyone knows that the oil should be stored in a container with the lid closed. Some refrigerator manufacturers offer special closed shelves. There are models equipped with oil cans, which can be used on the kitchen table.
For the freezer, there are basically two types of structures: drawers (containers) and ordinary closed shelves with lids. The boxes are made of both plastic and metal. Grate is inconvenient to wash, berries can fall through the bars. Frost formed as a result of operation may impede the movement of the box.
The top shelf in the freezer is designed for quick freezing of berries, mushrooms, greens. It has the form of a sliding pallet with a lid. Prepared frozen products from this compartment are packaged in containers or bags for storage on other shelves.
Since the refrigerator is a kind of cabinet for storing products, elements in it can be replaced with new ones.
In the event of breakage or cracking - to repair. Find items of the right size in specialized stores or on the websites of suppliers of refrigeration equipment.
Where and what to store?
Certain foods require a special place in the refrigerator to keep the vitamins, or simply stay fresh. The following are tips on responsible storage of food.
Neither the bottom shelf in the two-chamber refrigerator (the one closest to the freezer) is better to store chicken, minced meat. It is considered the coldest.
Store vegetables and fruits separately.
The balconies on the refrigerator door are not suitable for storing bottles and milk bags - such a product needs a constant temperature, and with the often opening door this is not possible.
Be careful to keep warm food in plastic containers. Some types of plastics can release harmful substances when heated. The choice of a functional refrigerator largely determines its content.