Saeco coffee machine
- Brand history
- Device types
- Model overview
- Other models
- Service and Repair
- Customer Reviews
Coffee is one of the most common hot beverages around the world. Fragrant, with a slight bitterness, he is able to conquer the hearts of everyone. However, proper preparation of high-quality coffee depends not only on the quality of the beans, but also on the brewing technique. Best of all with the technology of brewing copes Saeco coffee machine. Saeco coffee machine - the leader in making perfect coffee.
For the first time this brand appears in the second half of the XX century under the name Spaidem Sp. The fact is that Italian manufacturers decided to produce low-end coffee machines for middle-class people. This manufacturer quickly distributed its products throughout Italy thanks to its availability and good quality. However, the Italian company did not stop there and continued to expand its brand. Later, they were renamed Saeco I. G. In 1999, they bought Gaggia. Later in 2010 they enter into a contract with Philips, and the brand again acquires a new name - Philips Saeco. In 2012, it was decided to reduce the brand name to the usual Saeco known to us today. The number of models varies over 10 varieties.
There are both more budget models, called the classic, and more expensive automatic coffee machines. Their main differences from each other is the presence of various additional functions that are used by ordinary users. Automatic machines are able to make coffee faster, and it also turns out to be more fragrant and with a full foam. In standard coffee makers, coffee does not always turn out to be equally fragrant and attractive in appearance. Therefore, the choice of many stops on automatic semi-professional coffee makers.
Among the varieties of coffee machines are present and the so-called rozhkovy coffee maker. This machine only works with very fine grinding and is designed exclusively for the preparation of espresso. In the apparatus itself there is a built-in pump, with the help of which it turns out, as a result, a drink with a pronounced aroma and beautiful foam. True, rozhkovy coffee makers have one drawback. It is advisable to change the filter quite often, otherwise the taste of the coffee will quickly deteriorate, and the device will no longer be able to surprise you with a pleasant and invigorating espresso.
Some automatic cars can boast of having such a thing in their arsenal as manual control element. With this feature, grain products can be brewed at any temperature you like. You can experiment and brew coffee, for example, not by 95 degrees according to the standard, but lower or, on the contrary, increase the temperature manually. It is possible that you will discover something new in the field of taste. This feature, built into the latest models of coffee machines, really created a sensation in the modern market and is gaining more and more popularity among consumers.
Having a coffee machine is, of course, good, but you need to know which varieties are more suitable for home use and which ones are suitable for production or office use. It makes no sense to buy an expensive machine, if you do not use coffee often. If you want to choose a simple coffee machine for your home, the cheapest models will do. Saeco "Xsmall". Besides the fact that the device of this series is compact, it is also inexpensive to operate. This coffee machine will be quite enough to prepare the American or espresso, and the boiler in this model does not consume much electricity, so this machine is the best of its kind for home use.
If you consider yourself a real coffee gourmet, then it is better not to save money here and choose a more elite coffee machine for yourself. Among these devices can be noted Saeco "Royal" and Saeco "Black". They are not cheap in their value, but the result will pleasantly surprise you. In these models, there are various accessories with which you can customize the grinding of coffee beans. In the coffee machine there is a cappuccinator, and the setting, thanks to an intuitive interface, will not cause inconvenience and difficulties.
I am glad that the icons on the display of the coffee machine are conveniently located and have a full decoding, so it is easy to understand what they mean, even if you do not look into the instructions. Different in these machines and the process of making coffee. In such machines, it turns out faster, tastier and better thanks to various improvements and functions. Saeco “Royal” coffee maker is considered more professional than its Saeco “Black” counterpart, even though they are from the same elite series.
The Italian brand Saeco includes a range of nomenclatures. More than ten Saeco brand names are widely spread all over the world due to their manufacturability and innovative approach to the preparation of high-quality coffee.
Italian coffee machines are not only high-tech, but also reliable in use and durable. Here is list of the most popular models and their description:
- The classic model includes drip-type coffee makers, such as Saeco "HD" and rozhkovye car. In drip-type coffee makers, coffee is prepared as follows. The desired ground coffee is poured onto the filter, where with the help of a slow stream of hot water it is brewed and dug in a small stream into a specific container. Coffee is prepared quickly, but in the end it does not have a bright aroma and beautiful foam. Carob machines use only pressed milling and are designed to make flavored and frothy espresso.
- Saeco "Minuto" - pretty good option for home use. The presence of five types of grinding coffee beans will be able to satisfy the desire of any lover of morning coffee. The model is equipped a two-chamber milk jug, so that lovers of weak coffee can enjoy a pleasant milky aftertaste. The device has built-in memory, so all settings are saved and you do not have to enter them again.
- Saeco "Intelia" - the main advantage of this series is the presence of a cappuccinator with a special nozzle, which allows the user to beat the milk by hand. As a result, you get fragrant and tasty milk foam. Cooking a latte or cappuccino is no longer difficult with this machine.
- Saeco "Xsmall" - An excellent compact model for people with average incomes. This model not only does not take up much space, but is also quite durable. It is extremely easy to use, so much so that even a child can deal with it. Among the functions there is nothing superfluous, so this model is the best for home use.
- Saeco "Royal Professional" considered an elite series of coffee machines and includes several other subspecies, such as Saeco "Office", Saeco "Gran Crema" and Saeco "Coffee Bar". Each of these subspecies differ in their technical characteristics, it is worth noting that they all have one important common feature. All Saeco "Royal" machines have a huge range of functions who is able to meet the needs of even the most passionate lover of this hot drink.
- Saeco "Aulika" - A great option to do coffee production on a large scale. It copes well with a large number of servings and at the same time frequent exploitation does not lead to rapid breakdown of the device, it is a real workhorse. Among the subspecies are such models as "Aulika Top silver", "Aulika Focus" and "Aulika Mid".
- Saeco "Odea" - the main advantage of Saeco "Odea Go" coffee machines is availability of equipment for making two cups of coffee at once. Unfortunately, this model is not equipped with a display, so the concentration of the drink during cooking will not change. They are also quite easy to use. In the Saeco "Odea Giro" model there is a tray height adjuster, as well as a pre-wetting system.
- Saeco "Talea" - the main advantage is big capacity of containers for water and cake. It has many settings, both standard and advanced. Excellent grain grinding, slightly noisy. Excellent and convenient touch display.
- Saeco "Syntia" - coffee machine designed for making cappuccino and espresso. There is a special container for whisking milk. The coffee is aromatic and with excellent milk froth. Even long-term operation does not affect the parameters of taste.
- Saeco "Primea" - on the market there are two subspecies Primea Cappuccino and "Primea Ring". Both are equipped with devices for brewing two cups of coffee at the same time. Coffee turns fragrant and with a magnificent skin. Difference of the first device is the presence of the display. It does not take up much space, is multi-functional.
- Saeco "Incanto de Luxe" - A real silver monster in the preparation of espresso. It copes well with a large batch of coffee, cooks quickly and spends little energy. The display is small, but the remaining advantages compensate for this small drawback.
- Saeco "Poemia" - rozhkovy coffee machine, without display, quite economical. Suitable for a small office or home use, however, very capricious. With frequent use quickly fails.
- Saeco "Picobaristo" - probably the smallest and most economical coffee machine of the entire Saeco series. Prepares any coffee, does not take up much space, economical, and most importantly there are no excesses in it.
- Saeco "Magic Comfort" - quite simple automatic machine for brewing, as strong coffee, and not very much. When you exit a great aroma and taste. Does not require special care, a good option for the lazy.
- Saeco "Via Veneto" - Another type of carob type from the brand Saeco. Equipped with two coffee dispensers, small, without display, has a standard set of functions.
- Saeco "Idea" - an unusual model, something futuristic. The advantage of this model is the presence of a large stand for cups at the top of the apparatus. A standard set of functions with a simple small display.
- Saeco "Exprelia" - coffee machine from the elite series. It has a beautiful silver design, as well as a large and clear display. Multifunctional, a real professional machine for brewing the most delicious coffee.
- Saeco "Moltio" - coffee machine for brewing coffee with milk. There is a container for whipping milk froth. It has a small display, and in addition to the standard set of functions has several additional.
- Saeco "Xelsis" - Another expensive model from the elite series. Present milk circuit rinsing function. Multifunctional device with a beautiful design, durable. Of the minuses - the inner pan for water is small. In general, this model is a real monster in the preparation of the most different type of coffee for every taste.
- Saeco "Black" - only a series of so-called "dark" coffee machines, since designed mainly for making strong coffee. It has many sets of functions, it is easy to take care of, and it is extremely easy to use despite its enormous potential.
Other models not so popular, but still they should pay attention. It is possible that some of them you like.
- Saeco "Incanto" - a small machine equipped with two tubes for serving coffee, that is, you can simultaneously prepare two cups and one tube for supplying clean hot water. The machine is not equipped with a display.
- Saeco "Lirika" - pretty large espresso machine. In the coffee machine there is a program of grinding grains, as well as two coffee dispensers, which also allows you to not waste time and prepare two cups of flavored drink at the same time.
- Saeco "Magic" - a pretty good model, but not quite convenient to use. It is quite easy to use, does not take up much space, also has a standard set of familiar functions. Nothing extra, pure classics.
- Saeco "Lirika Plus" - An analogue of the Saeco "Lirika" coffee machine, but with a small addition in the form of a special tube for whisking milk. Great for making cappuccino and latte, and the prices for it are quite reasonable.
- Saeco "Granbaristo" - it is considered an elite series machine, it has the shape of a parallelepiped. Thanks to this form does not take up much space in the kitchen or in any other place. Used to make latte and cappuccino. It has a special separate container for milk, which allows you to make excellent and lush milk foam.
- Saeco "Vienna" - a small classic black coffee machine without display. Easy to use, you can brew two cups at the same time. Pretty good option for simple connoisseurs.
- Saeco "Intuita" - not a bad car for lovers of classic latte. Unfortunately, it is not equipped with a display, so the process of brewing coffee needs to be controlled in part manually.
Service and Repair
Like all appliances, coffee machines can also break down from time to time. For this reason, it is imperative to carry out maintenance and, if necessary, repair the coffee machine.
To be able to use the coffee machine for a long time, you need to follow the instructions that are written in the passport of the purchased commercial product.
It is necessary to monitor and, if necessary, replace the filter of your device. Otherwise, the taste of the brewed coffee may greatly deteriorate.
It is important to remember that as long as your coffee machine is under warranty, then in no case You cannot take any repair actions yourself. After all, if you climb inside, the warranty on the coffee machine will no longer be valid. However, if the warranty period has passed, and the car gives out some kind of error, then you can take a chance and figure out the very thing. There are no guarantees that the error will be corrected, but you can consider the simplest ones.
For example, the inscription "Decalcify"indicates that the unit needs descaling. Scale - it is the salt of various metals, which are contained in running water. Formed exclusively during boiling and deposited on the walls of the apparatus. Scale eventually disrupts any equipment. therefore It is extremely important to ensure that scale does not form. To do this, it is sometimes enough to use special cleaning accessories that you can buy at any specialty store. In some versions of the coffee machines with the Russian interface, one can come across an inscription decalcification, which means the same thing.
In some models there is a need to process the engine with a special mixture. This lubricant is sold in specialized stores, but it is best to provide this procedure to professionals.
The engine is the heart of the car, and if you do not understand the repair, it is better not to go, because you can irrevocably ruin an expensive machine.
The “Ventilate” error indicates that no water flows through the hydraulic system. Most often this happens because a small amount of air enters it. This is solved by manually passing a small amount of water through the hydraulic system. In the Russian version of the inscription there is no water supply, means the same. How to fix it you already know.
Last in the list - error "draw miss", which indicates that the coffee container is missing or incorrectly installed. In most cases, if you pull it out and paste it back, this error disappears. However, if this did not help, then the repair kit is simply necessary in this situation. True, it is better not to repair such expensive cars yourself, but to provide everything to professionals.
Among the buyers there are the most controversial reviews. Some extol certain models when others, the same models criticize. Saeco coffee machines are excellent in that they have a wide range of products. Among them are present, as expensive elite and professional models, and more simple, and budget. This allows you to capture all segments of the market, which increases the company's sales. Almost all devices have a simple and intuitive interface, and the quality of coffee is excellent.
More budget models can not boast the richest aroma and lush coffee foam, but they are quite suitable for making coffee of pretty good quality. For home and small office, such devices are great, especially this series of compact budget coffee machines is not expensive at all.
Among the favorites from the budget series is Saeco "Xsmall", due to its compactness, ease of use, and low cost. Great car for home and office, does not require careful maintenance, and the repair of this coffee maker does not hit hard.
From the elite series can be distinguished Saeco "Royal". A real monster in the preparation of any coffee. A lot of functions, expensive, but the cost is fully justified. Coffee is prepared quickly, and most importantly - delicious. Of course, it requires special care, has several useful functions of self cleaning. Very comfortable and multi-functional.
How to make coffee in Saeco "Royal", see the following video.