Refrigerator dimensions are a key parameter that has a great influence on the purchase of equipment. When choosing, you should choose the optimal height of the refrigerator, along with its other components.
What is the height of the refrigerator?
In such a concept as dimensions, several values are included. These include the following parameters:
- height from 50-250 cm;
- width from 40-190 cm;
- depth from 42-110 centimeters;
- capacity from 30-800 liters;
- weight 22-157 kilograms.
It can be distinguished high technology, the maximum height of which is 250 centimeters (the minimum height reaches 190), the average height with a height of 140-185 cm and small refrigerated cabinets 50-135 cm. The width can relate to the standards of Europe, Asia and America. Narrow equipment, which has a height of more than 180 cm, refers to the European standard width. For equipment with medium height parameters, Asian standards are created, and high and wide equipment supports the American standard.
If we talk about the depth of domestic refrigerators, it is capable of reaching 110 centimeters and is one of the overall equipment. The traditional depth reaches 60 cm. There are shallow options in 42-50 cm.
For the Russian Federation, as well as the CIS countries, there is a traditional European refrigeration equipment that has the following values: width: 55-65 cm, at a height of 85-210 cm, with a depth of 50-70 cm, with a capacity of 200-350 liters.
Bars are among the smallest refrigeration equipment. They are usually located in hotels and not only. You can put a small refrigerator in the living room, and its dimensions allow you to fit even in the compartment of a furniture set. If the width of the "baby" is 50 centimeters, then the height is from 50 to 120 centimeters.
There are average options. As a rule, such models belong to single-door, with a freezing compartment at the top. The height of such equipment reaches 145 centimeters, with the traditional parameters of width and depth. Some models of medium size reach a height of 180 cm. They may contain one or two cameras. It can be located below and above, depending on the type of model. Typically, these parameters have built-in refrigerators.
For people whose height is 170-175 cm, such refrigerators will be optimal.
They are also suitable for a small family. In such a unit will always fit the stocks of products for a significant period. Large fridges are suitable for high family. Such equipment can have a height of up to 210 cm, and it will be rather difficult for a person with a small height to get to the products that are on the top shelf. The depth of all these types refers to the traditional and is 60 cm, as well as the width - 50-60 cm.
The largest refrigerators are called Side by Side. They have two cameras, which are located next to each other. The freezer is placed on the left side, on the refrigerated compartment is on the right. The dimensions of such a refrigerator can even surprise Gulliver, because only the width of the equipment will be 1 m or more, and the depth will be 50-80 cm. Such equipment is purchased in houses with a spacious kitchen, because such giants simply won't fit into small rooms. Due to the large size, you can store in the refrigerator a lot of fresh and well-frozen food. Refrigerators are divided by the number of chambers. Based on their number, there are refrigerators with one and two cameras. The first option has the following parameters:
- height 50-120 centimeters;
- width 50-60 centimeters;
- volume 120-220 liters.
Such equipment will be ideal for 1-2 people. It houses a small freezer at the top, and the refrigerated compartment is located at the bottom. Units with two chambers are designed for a small family and have one or two compressors, a roomy freezer and a refrigeration compartment. Dimensions of such cabinets have the following parameters:
- height 130-210 centimeters;
- width 50-70 centimeters;
- capacity 260-380 liters.
On sale there are refrigerating cases equipped with several chambers. They are called "French door". The main compartment has two doors, the freezer compartment is located at the bottom and is equipped with a sliding device. Dimensions of such equipment have the following meaning:
- height 168-200 centimeters;
- width 60-120 centimeters;
- depth 55-90 centimeters;
- capacity 320-650 liters.
Depending on your own preferences, you can choose a refrigerator with a suitable height.
Someone will choose a high refrigerated cabinet of 2 m, someone will have enough height up to 160 cm. For a small hotel room, a height of 100-130 cm is enough. Do not forget that the freezer devices can have different compartment sizes, which also affects the height value.
How to choose the right one?
The refrigerator is the most important home appliances for daily use. Capacity, productivity, along with functionality and profitability of equipment will depend on its dimensions. Dimensions should be chosen based on the number of households, the area of the kitchen and the financial situation.
Many people think that people who live alone do not need a large and tall refrigerator. This is an erroneous opinion, because some people prefer to visit the stores once a month, stocking up with stocks of food for a long time. A lonely person can live a dog, for the food which also will need a place in the refrigerator. The size of the apartment have great value. Consider the kitchen area where the refrigerator will be placed. As an exception, you can consider the mini-refrigerators, which are installed in the living room to accommodate various drinks.
When choosing a refrigerator, pay attention to the fact that when you open the door does not interfere with the surrounding objects or walls.
External dimensions should have an optimum ratio with the capacity of the equipment. Pay attention not only to the height, but also to the volume of the freezer and the refrigeration compartment. If you prefer fresh food, pay attention to the models in which there is a large refrigerated compartment. If you like to freeze food for the winter, take a look at devices with a large freezer compartment. If you prefer to stock products at once for a week, pay attention to tall and roomy models. If stocks are replenished in small portions, you have enough of the usual low refrigerator.
For a kitchen with a sufficient area, a Side by Side refrigerated cabinet is suitable. It is among the highest devices and it holds a huge amount of food. In order for your cooling technology to delight you with its long service life, follow some installation rules. These rules will help you decide on the height and other parameters of the refrigerator:
- the refrigerator should not be placed near the battery and stove. Observe a minimum distance of 0.5 meters;
- the location of the unit near the sink is not very convenient. With this placement, you will encounter some problems in the form of flowing drops and fat, smudges that will spoil the appearance of the device;
- Do not place the refrigerator on the sunny side. This arrangement affects the performance of the equipment;
- It is unacceptable to install the home appliance to the wall. Always keep your distance;
- when opening the door, it should not block the entrance to the kitchen. This rule will be relevant for owners of small kitchens.
Using these rules, you can optimally choose the refrigeration equipment of the required height and capacity.
Consider the nuances that are indicated in the recommendations to eliminate errors and blunders.
Interesting solutions in the interior
Smart home appliances have long been an integral part of the design and interior of modern kitchen facilities. If you can easily hide a toaster or a mixer in a cabinet, then the place for refrigeration equipment should be chosen with full responsibility. Experts offer some interesting solutions in the interior, thanks to which you can choose the best place for your refrigerator.
Original design solutions:
- for refrigeration equipment in eco-style, you can look at the place near the window. Originally looks glass insert on the door, in which you can watch a reflection of nature;
- If you like the option where the refrigerator is embedded in a niche, make sure that the equipment has an identical color scheme with the hood;
- refrigerators in the style of "metallic" will look perfect in any interior. They are among the universal models, due to which they are very popular.
You are very lucky if you have a large kitchen. In such a room is not difficult to mark any refrigeration equipment. What to do the owners of small rooms or owners of rooms with non-standard geometry? For these cases, the designers have created a small number of recommendations that will help make the design literate and interesting:
- if you own a studio apartment, you will be faced with the question of the practicality of the location of each object in a small area. Pay attention to the technique built into the small wall. This solution will help you create a comfortable environment and implement zoning of the room;
- put a fridge at the end of the long side in the corner kitchen. If you place equipment near the window, then install the door so that you feel comfortable using the equipment;
- Do not forget about exclusive options, that can turn traditional household appliances into stylish objects. You can use for this purpose simple magnets, airbrushing, patterns and other styles that you like. With the help of such methods you can give your equipment an original image.
Using these recommendations, you can correctly distribute the space in the apartment, show your good taste in terms of interior.
Competently located equipment has a comfortable stay in the apartment and helps to relax.