- Smart technology from the Italian brand
- Distinctive features of Candy refrigerators
- Model variety
- Innovative technologies
- Popular samples
- CCM 400 SLX
- CDD 350SL
Italian household appliances have long earned the trust of the mass consumer. The Candy refrigerator, which combines stylish design, quality, spaciousness and accessibility, is no exception.
Smart technology from the Italian brand
Candy was one of the first signs in Italy that was revived after World War II. 1945 is considered the year of its foundation. It was then that Peppino, Enzo and Nizo Fumagalli offered their compatriots the first washing machines designed and manufactured in Italy.
It was not by chance that the brothers decided to occupy this particular niche. Even before the war, the father of the Fumagalli brothers owned several mechanical workshops that manufacture all kinds of machine tools and appliances. However, after the war, the demand for these products decreased markedly and the family had to look for other types of its activities. It was then that the idea of producing household appliances arose.
From the Milan exhibition, where the first model of the washing machine was presented, and the history of the new company began, on the basis of which the Candy Group, which is known throughout the world, was subsequently formed.
In the newly established company, each of the Fumagalli brothers had its own specialization. So, Nizo was engaged in the study and implementation of various technical innovations, for which he was even awarded a high award - a prize from the University of Geneva.
Organizational activity became the “fiefdom” of Peppino, who also coped with his duties “perfectly well”.
Thanks to the coordinated work, in 1954 the first fully automated equipment was presented to the customers.
The history of the company is a story of success and steadily growing popularity. With the increase in demand and the growth of fame, the expansion of the product range began, among which the first refrigeration units for the house appeared. In parallel, the "conquest" of the European market began.
In the 70s of the last century, the growing company of the Fumagalli family began to “eliminate” competitors from the market. At first, small local productions were absorbed, and then a merger with foreign manufacturers of household appliances began, which led to the birth of an international group of firms under the common name Candy Group.
Currently, the corporate headquarters are located in Brugherio, Italy. And its plants are in many countries of the world. Up to 5 million units of various household products (more than 12,500 varieties), which are sold in 16 thousand stores around the world, are produced annually in enterprises belonging to an international corporation.
A significant part of the "home helpers" from the Italian company is occupied precisely by refrigerators. Currently, the manufacturing country produces the latter under several brands: Candy, Zerowatt and Iberna.
But regardless of the name and the country where the equipment is assembled, it is of high quality and reliability. These indicators in many respects allow the brand to retain its position among a huge number of modern manufacturers of similar products.
Distinctive features of Candy refrigerators
Many years of success and the steady growth of the company's popularity are the result of a skillful combination of a number of characteristics. So, the characteristic features of refrigerators produced under this brand are:
- The use of innovative technologies. From the first days of creation and up to the present time, the developers and specialists of the company carefully monitor the technological innovations (and develop many of them themselves) and successfully introduce them into kitchen appliances, making it more functional, easy to operate, "clever". Thanks to their use, Italian kitchen equipment makes it possible to keep food fresh for a long time, can work offline, quickly freezes and cools drinks, meat, fruits and vegetables.
- Exterior design and sample assembly. Candy home refrigerators have classic no frills shapes. It uses modern safe materials with excellent shock absorption, which significantly reduces vibration and noise level during operation. Refrigerators are usually painted in traditional light colors and shades.
- Efficiency. Samples of this brand are the most energy-efficient, which allows to significantly save electricity when using them.
- Quality. A multi-level quality control system has been developed at the factories and plants of the corporation - everything is checked for compliance with high standards, down to the smallest elements of the interior of the refrigerator. Such an approach makes the devices reliable and guarantees a long service life.
- Environmental Safety. In the production of refrigerators are used exclusively safe for humans and the environment materials. In particular, isobutane acts as a refrigerant (R600a). This gas is absolutely safe for the ozone layer of the Earth.
- Capacity. No matter how many chambers are in the fridge and no matter what size the device itself is, its internal space always gives the opportunity to accommodate a large number of products. This is largely due to the fact that the internal shelves can be moved and removed, as well as the use of the Multibox system on the doors.
In addition to all other advantages, Candy refrigeration units also have a wide price range, which makes them affordable for consumers with different financial capabilities.
The modern range of Candy refrigerators is quite wide and can satisfy any requests. In this case, all the variety of instances can be divided into two large groups:
- built in;
Special lining panels can be included in the set with the equipment of the first category - in order for the equipment to fit into the common kitchen interior as harmoniously as possible. All panels have special attachments that facilitate their installation.
The units of the second category may have a different location of the freezer. As a rule, in small-sized constructions the freezer is located on top. But for high refrigerators characterized by its lower location.
At the same time, both embedded and single-standing copies may have a different “stuffing” - from the simplest mandatory functions to the novelties of modern technical thought.
Part of the differences between the samples concerns the design of their internal space. So, the shelves in the cooling and storage compartment can be:
- made of plastic;
- in the form of metal gratings;
- made of durable glass, hardened.
But whatever material they are made of - the shelves always remain strong, will not break and will not bend under the weight of the dishes placed on them. At the same time they are easily removed and washed.
On the doors there are also special shelves with bottle holders, containers for storing eggs, oil, canned food and other products.
As for the appearance, here the company has done no frills. The color scheme - the usual for refrigeration units - from white to light silver. Handles of refrigerators are also minimalist. According to the developers, their main task is functionality, not a decorative function.
However, most of the samples suggest the possibility of re-hanging the doors - for the greatest convenience of consumers.
Models differ according to the defrost system - from automatic to manual.
Taking into account the needs of the modern buyer, refrigeration equipment developers are constantly upgrading equipment, adding innovative developments and equipping it with new functions. So, in most modern devices for cooling, storage and freezing are used:
- "Multibox". Installed on the inside of the doors of the department for cooling and storage. Consists of several different containers for storing eggs, butter and other food supplies. Allows you to place everything with maximum compactness and convenience. In addition, all these containers are easily removed and can be placed on the table and used instead of specialized dishes (for example, as an oiler).
- Branch "Bio Safe" with the function "Biocold Futura". Storing food in this compartment extends its freshness up to 3 times compared with the usual cooling compartment. At the same time she does not lose neither the aroma, nor taste.
- "Turbo Cold". Provides a constant circulation of cooled air in the chambers in order to maintain optimum humidity and uniform distribution of cold in the compartments. Thanks to this system, after opening-closing the required temperature is quickly restored inside. It also allows for a short time to cool the bottles standing on the side shelves.
- "Dual Cold". It is a proprietary invention of the Italian company. She effectively distributes the cold between departments. Directional action allows you to act exactly where it is needed and to control the temperature regime separately in each chamber.
- "No Frost Bio". Technology that extends the shelf life of products, allowing you to keep them for a long time. Thanks to the "Air Control" ventilation system, air flow is optimized. In refrigerators with this technology, defrosting is carried out automatically.
- Technology "No Frost +". Gives the chance to quickly cool and freeze products in any quantity.
Also, many Italian company refrigerators are designed so that even with a power outage, the refrigerator can keep the required temperature inside for quite a long time. In the model range there are instances that can maintain optimal conditions for up to 15-19 hours offline.
Each line of refrigerators from Candy has its fans. However, the most common and popular among consumers is considered equipment series "Soft Line" and "Krio Vital Evo". As for the models, the most popular are:
CCM 400 SLX
Two-chamber unit with a lower location of the freezer compartment. With dimensions of 200x60x60 cm, it accommodates 362 liters, 228 of which fall to the share of the cooling department.
It belongs to the highest class of energy consumption and in case of power outage can keep cold inside up to 14 hours.
- Control type - electromechanical.
- As for defrosting, then the refrigerator compartment has the function of automatic drip defrosting, and the freezer requires manual intervention.
- Inside the upper compartment is equipped three glass shelves and "Multibox"and the bottom has three drawers.
Another very popular design height of 1.7 meters, width and depth of 0.6 meters. Its total volume is 317 liters, 71 of which fall to the freezing section. Even in automatic mode, it can keep the temperature up to 19 hours.
A significant difference from the previous apparatus is the top location of the freezer.
It has a relatively small size and is perfect for a small family. Its height is only 1.44 meters, depth - 54, width - 60. At the same time it holds 238 liters, 189 of them are the cooling section. Its internal equipment makes it possible to place the necessary with the maximum compactness and use the place with the greatest efficiency.
CKBN 6200 DS
The most popular design series "Krio Vital Evo". The freezer compartment in it is located below. The total volume is 309 liters. It is equipped with a LED display for control, defrosting function" No Frost ", container"Big box XL"- for long storage of fruits and vegetables, and section"Bio safe".
The height is 2 meters, and the depth and width - by 60 cm.
CXSN 171 IXH
The most popular unit type "Side by side"(the freezer is located on the side). Its dimensions are 178x90x70 cm. The volume of the device is 556 l.
- Fully equipped with automatic defrost system "No Frost". Type of control - electronic. You can set the necessary parameters using the touch screen.
- The internal equipment of a refrigerating compartment includes 5 glass shelves and 4 compact shelves on the door. The freezer compartment, in turn, is equipped with five shelves and one drawer.
Multiple unit totaling 421 liters. Dimensions 180h74, 5h70, 4. Equipped with the latest technology defrost, control, lighting and conservation.
CFBC 3180 A
Two-chamber. Height 177 cm, width 54 and height 53, it is safely hidden in a niche and does not interfere with the placement of other appliances or furniture in the kitchen. The volume of its refrigerating chamber is 203 liters, and the freezers are 60 liters.
- The freezing compartment is located at the bottom.. The defrosting process is carried out automatically (droplet in the refrigerator compartment, and in the freezer compartment - "No frost".
- Energy efficiency class "A". Freezing capacity - up to 3 kilograms per day. It has the function "Turbo cold"and mechanical control.
- Thanks to special developments, when power is disconnected, it can maintain an optimal internal temperature of up to 15 hours.
- The internal space of the refrigerator equipped with three sliding shelves and 4 - on the door. Equipped with a fresh area. The freezer consists of three compartments, which allows you to conveniently arrange in it a large number of a wide variety of products and easily get them if necessary.
CFBC 3150 A
The model is almost the same as the previous one. The only significant difference is that the defrosting in the freezer is carried out manually here.
CRU 164 A. Single-chamber
- Model that is easy to place under the tabletop. The total volume of the refrigerator is 120 liters, 101 of which fall to the refrigerator compartment. The latter provides automatic defrosting. The freezer compartment is manually thawed.
- Dimensions unit 82x59.5x54.5 cm
- Refers to a high class energy saving.
Opinion professionals and customers
No control of quality control can not be compared with quality control of household appliances by consumers. Therefore, the highest rating for any manufacturer are customer reviews.
As for the Candy refrigeration equipment, here consumer reviews are almost 100% positive.
Happy owners of Italian refrigerators, first of all, note their reliability and durability - all systems and components are designed for a long service life.
The only disadvantage consumers consider is the relative fragility of the door handles, which are easily damaged if you do not calculate strength. Here, in fairness it should be noted that for opening the door to make great efforts at all and is not required.
A lot of positive feedback deserves the capacity of the Italian refrigerators. Users note that even the most compact devices can accommodate a significant amount of products. At the same time, even in the smallest model and with maximum filling, it is not difficult to get the necessary.
Also a big “plus” is considered to be a wide range of models and their ability to organically fit into any interior.
Candy refrigerators and refrigeration repairmen deserve no less positive feedback. They note that these units do not require special maintenance and rarely fail in proper operation.