Making juice at home is becoming easier thanks to the various types of juicers. Many lovers of a healthy lifestyle switch exclusively to fresh products, refusing to shop convenience foods. Therefore, various models of technology for the manufacture of juices are always relevant and are indispensable helpers in the modern kitchen.
Not surprisingly, many manufacturers of home appliances decided to master this area and offer their own versions of juicers. The well-known company Panasonic, which already possesses a rather large range of equipment for the manufacture of juices, was no exception. Let's get acquainted with the features of the products of this brand.
There are several different options for juicers. The so-called shnekovye operate on the principle of the grinder, that is, the products through the neck fall on a rotating rod with sharp edges, which crushes them and pushes them to the filter. More modern models are centrifugal juicers. They work due to the rapid rotation of the motor, which spins the products through a simple centrifugal force, and they are processed by rubbing against a special surface, resembling a grater. Of course, these juicers are powered by electricity and do not provide for manual mode.
This technique is quite popular and in demand. That is why Panasonic has focused on the production of this type of juicers, offering its solution in terms of design, functionality, power, and other nuances. This choice is fairly obvious, because centrifugal machines for making juice have their own unique advantages over the same screw.
Advantages and disadvantages of centrifugal models
Since centrifugal models work by rotating an engine, their efficiency directly depends on how much power it has. On the one hand, this suggests that the output of juice from products may not be too high, but with sufficient power it is not so noticeable.
Since we are talking about centrifugal technology from the manufacturer Panasonic, then all the advantages can be emphasized by comparing with cheaper auger models:
- Speed of work Such a juicer produces juice much faster, and copes with both soft foods and hard foods, such as carrots, apples, beets. This choice is particularly suitable for those who need a glass of fresh juice in the morning, and are not going to preserve it in winter in large quantities;
- Fully automated process. Of course, some screw models also work quite well from the mains, but in their case it is necessary to constantly use the pusher for products. Centrifugal juicers are almost devoid of this drawback, so it’s enough just to put fruits or vegetables in the neck;
- No need for pre-treatment products. The peculiarity of the work of such a juicer allows you not to waste time on cleaning products, and if the model has a fairly wide neck, the fruit can be loaded whole without cutting. At the same time, juice production does not decrease at all, since centrifugal models well separate the liquid product with pulp from dry cake;
- Compactness. Due to the peculiarities of its design, the equipment fits easily on the table, retracts into the cabinet, and does not take much space in principle;
- Easy to care. Almost all components of the juicer are light, can be cleaned and washed both manually and using a dishwasher.
It is worth mentioning the shortcomings, which, fortunately, not so much, if we consider such models in general. The most significant of them is the yield of juice, which in the case of centrifugal juicers reaches, at best, about 75%. Compared to augers, this is, of course, not as much as we would like, so the consumption of products will be slightly higher.
The cost of electricity will be the greater, the higher the power of the model you purchased. On the other hand, you do not need to wait too long or turn the handle yourself, which is quite difficult if you wanted to pamper yourself with fresh carrot or apple juice.
You also can not argue that such a technique is silent. Indeed, most models are equipped with rubberized legs or suckers, which fix them and absorb vibration. However, most often the running motor is still audible, so it is not possible to achieve completely silent operation.
As for the cost, it is, of course, higher than the same screw analogs. Nevertheless, practically any Panasonic squeezer differs from competitors' products by a more favorable price-performance ratio, which plays an important role in the choice of technology.
What to look for when choosing?
Before you buy such household appliances, you should pay as much attention as possible to its features and some characteristics. You need to be guided not only by personal wishes, price and exterior design.
- First of all, ask about the power model. In the case of automatic juicers, it plays the most important role, affecting both the speed of preparation of the eye, and the quality of food processing and the percentage of the output of the drink;
- Availability of safe shutdown. If you are lucky enough to purchase a model with a high power rating, it will be useful if it provides for an automatic shutdown in case of a risk of overheating of the motor;
- Body material. Truly high-quality models should be made of stainless steel. The same aluminum is undesirable in the case of juicers, because it spoils the taste and beneficial properties of beverages. It can also be used high-quality plastic, which has neutral properties with respect to food. Be careful, as the low-cost budget version of the juicer is often painted with products, and the resulting juice acquires an unpleasant chemical smell and even taste;
- Material strainer. The filter should be made of stainless steel, as well as a special “grater” inside the equipment. Any other analogues are best not considered at all. They will not only become unusable quickly, but will also spoil the juices;
Overview of the most popular models
The popular Panasonic brand has a rather large range of juicers that operate on the principle of a centrifuge. Among them there are far from the best options and even too expensive for everyone to afford such equipment at home. However, a distinctive feature of the manufacturer is the availability of products, well combining availability and quality, so you can select several of the most popular models that will suit everyone.
Juicer Panasonic MJ-DJ01STQ shows the maximum positive qualities. First of all, you should pay attention to the centrifuge, made entirely of stainless steel. The blades are S-shaped, which allows you to hold the product during rotation and thereby improve the efficiency of its processing. It also contributes to the low angle of the blade.
At the same time, the power of the motor is 800 watts. which is quite a lot for such juicers. We can say that this is one of the models that combine the speed and high yield of the finished juice. The filtration of the drink occurs through a fine-mesh mesh, also made of stainless steel. It is easily removed and cleaned with a special brush or in the dishwasher with the rest of the details.
The case is made partly of plastic, so that the model is quite light and compact. The neck is wide, which allows the use of fruits without cutting. The juicer is equipped with a container for a capacity of 2 liters, so you can make several glasses of drink at once. For convenience, it is possible to turn the nozzle in any direction, and its rise up to avoid spilling residual juice after work.
The Panasonic MJ-M171 Juicer is an unusual 3 in 1 model. Its feature is a built-in blender that can serve as a mixer when using the appropriate nozzle. The acquisition of such equipment can be a good solution to optimize the workplace in the kitchen and facilitate some tasks.
If we immediately talk about the shortcomings, it is worth mentioning the relatively large size and weight of almost 6 kg. On the other hand, these are acceptable parameters for equipment of a similar nature. The body is made of plastic, which meets all standards and norms, does not affect the quality of food.
The centrifuge of a juice extractor, and also a strainer, is made of stainless steel. They are very similar to similar details of the model mentioned above. The power is much weaker, only 300 W, so the speed and output of the juice is slightly lower. Nevertheless, this model is also equipped with an automatic system of breaking the chain in case of the risk of overheating of the motor.
Despite a somewhat non-standard structure, it will not be difficult to disassemble and clean such equipment. The 1 liter blender bowl is made of glass and is easy to clean, and the blender is powerful enough. In addition, the range includes all the necessary nozzles for work.
Also, positive feedback gets another model 3 in 1 - Panasonic MJ-DJ31. Due to the different interchangeable nozzles on the juicer itself, it can be used not only for preparing fresh drinks, but also as a blender and coffee bean mill.
The main body of the model is made of stainless steel, and the centrifuge mechanism repeats the popular model MJ-M171. Power 800 watts. enough for making juice, and for all other tasks.
The disadvantage can only be considered that the capacity of the blender and the mill are made of plastic. Although they are equipped with a rather leak-proof lid, they can be easily washed both manually and in a dishwasher. The cost of the model is, on average, 15,000 rubles, which is quite profitable given the quality of the equipment and the separate cost of the functions included in it.
In general, the Panasonic juicer can be considered a fairly competent choice. They not bad combine in themselves reasonable price, long-term quality and, of course, good overall performance. By purchasing this technique, you can enjoy yourself every morning with a glass of fresh and tasty juice, knowing that you are using a truly natural and healthy product.
You can learn more by watching the video: