Provence style is loved by many lovers of simplicity and comfort.
From the design of the kitchen, Provence breathes the measured life of a French village.
Leisurely and orderly - this is what is so, sometimes, lacking urban residents.
Therefore, they want to make a piece of peace in the interior of their home by decorating it in this style.
How to choose the finish, furniture, decors and other details to make everything look harmonious and cozy? We will talk about all this in our article.
Characteristics of the interior of the kitchen in the style of Provence
Kitchen organizations in France pay due attention.
After all, there are fans of various delicacies, pastries, and in general - French cuisine is known to the whole world for its exquisite dishes.
Therefore, the kitchen is given a fairly spacious room for the location there of all the necessary cooking meals for guests or family.
The kitchens of this style are characterized by increased attention to the design of the dining area and beautiful dishes. The latter is not hidden in the lockers, and put on the open shelves, along with elements of decor.
A braid of garlic or onion can hang along the cabinet, thus emphasizing the interior of rustic country.
Differences Provence from other styles
Let's look at a number of distinctive features of the design of the kitchen in the style of Provence:
- the color palette of the whole room is soft, bright colors. The light of the dazzling sun in France throughout the year makes any shades fade. Therefore, to paint the walls in bright colors, simply, it makes no sense;
- kitchen lighting should have no complaints. There are no obstacles to daylight - the windows are not obscured by thick curtains. In the evenings, artificial light is not inferior to the sun's rays;
- as for furniture, it is usually made of natural light wood. Often it is painted in pastel colors. Scratches that give the appearance of antiquity and a certain charm are welcome. Handles and canopies on the lockers should not shine. Provence cuisine does not tolerate flatulence and metallic luster.
- heavy overall chandeliers, candelabra, single candlesticks and even chairs can be forged from metal;
- bouquets of fresh flowers on the windowsill, table, nightstand, shelf are welcome. If there are no fresh flowers, ikebans from dried flowers will not spoil the look either;
- as mentioned above, the dishes are on the open shelves, demonstrating their beauty. It is complemented with clay or ceramic figurines, pots with olive oil, and spices and sudochok.
Kitchen. Colors. Provence
If we talk about this style, then immediately appears white kitchen Provence.
In part, it is. White and light colors like sand, beige and cream dominate in the design of the provenance.
However, the use of other colors will be no exception: green, blue, lilac, only in a very subdued form.
This makes it possible to reflect the authentic atmosphere of the kitchen, which is year-round immersed in the rays of the scorching sun.
As a rule, while drawing up a room in this style, they focus on the main color, diluting it with some details of other shades.
- Classic-style wallpaper: magnificence and obligatory pomp of patterns + 94 photos
- Red bathroom: bold design and decor ideas (91 pics + video)
- Kitchen with a window - 100 photos of the best interior of all time!
For the decoration of the walls and floor in the kitchen, only natural materials with a natural texture are chosen. This may be brickwork, wood paneling, painted mill and whitewashed ceiling.
It has long been known to all that white can work wonders with a small room. The walls painted in this color seem to expand, and the ceiling becomes higher.
That is why in a small kitchen, Provence is a great chance to visually increase its area.
In order to get as close as possible to the implementation of Provence, you do not need to excel in the search for exceptional and expensive finishing materials.
After all, this style does not pretend to be chic, on the contrary, simplicity and ease - these are the main criteria in the arrangement of a provenance kitchen.
- Apron for the kitchen - 89 photos of ideas beautiful finishes the working area!
- Tiles for the kitchen - the best options for interior decoration (69 photos)
- Furniture for the kitchen - interesting ways of arranging 84 photos
The city is just plaster the walls and paint them in bright colors, you can even just use whitewash.
In a house outside the city, the rustic spirit of Provence will perfectly convey log walls or masonry.
And you do not need to claim the perfect job of the handler - rough textures will be quite appropriate.
As for the ceiling, it may be completely absent. You should not be surprised, because in the houses in the village often nothing separates the attic from the dwelling.
This kind of more emphasize the desire for Provence. In the apartments, even, they strive to liken their ceiling to a rustic one, equipping it with additional wooden beams, which serve as a decor.
- Facades for the kitchen - the perfect design of a modern design for 99 photos
- Complete kitchen - 75 photos of the best furniture options
- Cabinets for the kitchen - 95 photos of the best furniture options!
But this should not be done if the ceiling is too low - this will only increase the squat room.
Provence in the interior of the kitchen does not accept the use of new artificial materials for decoration.
For example, the walls sheathed by plastic panels or polystyrene foam plates will not fit into the idea of Provence at all.
Let's move on to the arrangement of the floor. Ideally, a polished board, parquet or laminate “under natural wood” will look.
You can also put matte tiles of large sizes. And do not forget that Provence does not like shiny or reflective surfaces.
Furniture for a paid kitchen
The style should be viewed in every detail and nothing should seem something foreign or inappropriate.
Therefore, the choice of furniture in a particular style must be taken seriously. Photos of the Provencal style kitchen will help you to understand what distinctive features the furniture of the French village has.
Firstly, this is wood or, at least, MDF of good quality with imitation of natural texture. Secondly, it is only light shades and a large number of open shelves.
Lockers with matte hardware and a massive table with carved legs. Perfectly emphasizes the style of light scuffed and aged look. Chairs have, as a rule, high backs and soft seats.
Beautifully decorated plates on the wall and shelves, forged candlesticks and wicker mats instead of rugs on the floor can serve as a decor. Complete the picture - a bouquet of wildflowers.