Professional coffee machine
Drink delicious and aromatic coffee - the height of bliss in the early morning. A cup of brewed coffee can cheer up and add vitality during the day. Nice to sit with friends, savoring such an exquisite drink in the evening. Not everyone can brew quality natural coffee. It is possible to comprehend the art of making this drink for a long time. Household appliance manufacturers have taken care of coffee makers and offer to purchase professional coffee machines that can replace even an experienced barista.
Features and benefits
A coffee machine is an important household appliance not only in a cafe, bar or restaurant. Any serious company installs professional equipment in their office so that employees can cheer up during a hard day after drinking a cup of coffee.
Fans and connoisseurs of this drink acquire and install this technique at home.
The main advantages of the coffee machine over another type of fixtures:
- This unit independently performs all the work of making coffee - without human intervention.
- It can make 2 cups per minute, which is an important moment for cafes and bars with a large flow of customers.
- It can cook at the same time several varieties of coffee drinks.
- Professional equipment is able to independently carry out the cleaning process in automatic mode.
- It can be equipped with additional elements, for example:
- a coffee grinder - use coffee beans, and the coffee machine will grind them themselves, resulting in a more fragrant and rich drink;
- thermostat - allowing to maintain a certain water temperature for a long time.
There are several main types of professional coffee machines:
- Manual classic models - boiling water pressure to brew coffee, is obtained using a piston with a lever. It is necessary to press the lever, and boiling water under the influence of the piston will pass through the ground coffee in the brewing group, then through the filter the coffee drink will fall into the cup. With this lever you can change the pressure. Such semi-professional equipment requires certain skills and knowledge of working with it.
- Semi-automatic models - have an electric pump that creates a lot of pressure. To brew coffee, you must press the button, which is responsible for turning on the pump. The pump, creating pressure, will pass boiling water through the ground coffee, and the coffee drink will flow into the cup. When the liquid fills the cup, you will need to press the button again. If a semiautomatic device has not one, but two brewing groups, then there are two buttons, not one.
- Automatic model - has a specially designed integrated control board that has a computer and fluid flow sensors. This will help to introduce a special program with a given amount of water for a cup of a certain size. You do not have to monitor the amount of coffee in the cup: as soon as the container is full, the machine will turn off.
- Superautomatic - there is a built-in coffee grinder, as well as an automatic brewing element.
Depending on the number of cups of coffee that this equipment is capable of brewing, single-group, druhgruppnye and three-group coffee machines, capable of preparing one, two or three cups of coffee beverage, are distinguished.
An important element of such professional devices is a cappuccinator, which is used to froth milk and make coffee drinks - for example, latte, cappuccino or macchiato.
How to choose?
Choose a professional coffee machine is necessary depending on the place where it will be used:
- For bar - if young people come here (or it is located in a nightclub where coffee is purchased for a couple of sips). You can buy a capsule coffee machine with a connection to the water supply, it is able to prepare up to 6 servings of such a drink.
- If the bar is located in a fashionable hotel, and it can be visited by customers who prefer a quality drink, then you should buy equipment that can satisfy the refined taste of the consumer.
- For restaurants A semi-automatic model that will help prepare espresso or cappuccino, as it has a built-in cappuccinator.
- For cafe - it is necessary to purchase equipment that can prepare cocktails and a variety of coffee drinks, because here come customers of different age groups and tastes. To save on staff, it is better to purchase an automatic model.
- For home it is better to choose a compact version that is small in size and has all the necessary functions for the preparation of coffee drinks. Such a device should also be with simple controls so that all family members can use it.
Pay attention to the type of heating element:
- Boiler - all water is heated to a certain temperature, and it is passed through coffee. Suitable if you need to cook at the same time several servings.
- Thermoblock - water is heated in small parts. It will be an excellent option if you need to prepare one portion. In such a device, the liquid heats up much faster.
How to configure?
To prepare a delicious and aromatic drink, the coffee machine must be properly configured. The first setting of the device is handled by the staff of the service center, who set certain parameters for the correct operation of the equipment.
Working pressure should not be below 15 bar. Please note that in the brewing group the pressure should be set within 8-10 bar. If it is exceeded, the device does not work correctly.
The optimum temperature of the liquid in the boiler should be 87-95 degrees.
Typically, professional devices are equipped with a special display, which shows all the necessary information about the operation of the device.
How to use?
If you need to make a coffee drink in an automatic coffee machine, you should do it as follows:
- Check that the appliance is plugged in and click the “Start” button.
- Pour cold water into a special container.
- It is necessary to pour the grains into the built-in coffee grinder of this device. If this element is missing, then ground coffee should be used.
- The device will indicate that it is ready to make a drink, an inscription will appear on the screen (or the button will turn green).
- Do not forget to heat the cup, for this you need to pour a little boiling water using a drain valve.
- Slide the cup under the nozzle and press the button corresponding to the specific program.
If this device is equipped with a cappuccinator, then cocoa can be cooked. To do this, you must first beat the milk using a cappuccinator, and run the appropriate program.
Care and Prevention
Modern models have a special built-in self-cleaning function, which saves not only time but also money when caring for this device.
To prepare a tasty and aromatic drink, it is necessary to carry out decalcification on a regular basis. This process involves descaling. Use only specialized care products for such equipment. This liquid must be poured into the device and press the corresponding button for cleaning. After this, it is necessary to thoroughly flush the system with ordinary water.
Regularly doing this cleaning will help your device last for a very long time.
Rating and review of the best
Professional coffee machines are a serious acquisition, as most models have a decent price. Buying such equipment, it is better to stop the choice on manufacturers who care about the quality of their devices.
Do not buy models of Chinese origin, characterized by low cost and poor quality.
The top-rating models of these devices are presented below:
- Brasilia - Italian brand that offers functional, reliable and easy-to-use models. This is ensured by the latest technological developments, which make it possible to create a delicious drink thanks to the presence of a perfect coffee preparation system and a three-level temperature control system. This brand has gained popularity both in Italy and abroad. You can purchase an economical option for everyday use at home or premium models with many features and stylish design.
- Gaggia - Italian manufacturer, producing a huge amount of coffee machines, both manual and automatic type, which allow you to prepare high-quality espresso. Devices of this brand can be used at home, at work, as well as in cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Nescafe - offers semi-automatic devices with a stylish appearance, as well as increased performance. They brew coffee of impeccable quality, thanks to which you can indulge even gourmands and true connoisseurs of coffee drinks.
- Saeco Royal Professional - is one of the most popular models of the Philips brand. This superautomatic machine will perform all the steps for making coffee:
- grind grains;
- pours a certain amount of coffee;
- brew a delicious and aromatic drink.
This device allows you to brew 2 cups of coffee at the same time. Due to the presence of the platform, which is heated, you can leave the dishes to dry after use. This device has a large number of settings, so that you can easily prepare a drink that will be to your liking.
The owners of cafes, bars, restaurants and other similar establishments claim that a coffee machine is an important element of their business. Due to the versatility of such equipment, you can easily please the most demanding customer.
For institutions that do not specialize in making coffee, you can choose an economy version of this device.
If the focus is on coffee drinks, then you should purchase a super-automatic with the presence of various functions.
A professional coffee machine will become an indispensable equipment for home, office, cafe, bar or restaurant, as it will always be able to please with a delicious and aromatic coffee drink.
How to choose a coffee machine, see the following video.