Powerful kitchen hood
The kitchen is the most popular place in every home. This is where people spend the most time. Meetings with friends over a cup of coffee, lunch or dinner with the whole family, “pen samples” in various culinary delights - all this happens in the kitchen. The process of cooking should bring maximum pleasure. However, all fats and microparticles that evaporate into the air under the influence of high temperature regimes during cooking of food, do not disappear anywhere, but are deposited on furniture, household appliances, curtains, and even walls.
Today, the kitchen is often combined with the living room or dining room. Consequently, all odors and microparticles from food are distributed throughout the apartment. The central ventilation system (even in modern homes) cannot cope with these fats, soot and steam. Need something more powerful and effective. To help modern housewives come hoods.
Manufacturers of various types of home appliances offer the attention of modern buyers a wide range of kitchen hoods.
Main types of air cleaning
The main purpose of the hood is to get rid of the dwelling from smells, fats, steam and trace elements that are distributed during the preparation of food. The greater the power of the home appliance, the better the performance of the device.
How does air purification occur? Does the quality of air purification in the room depend on the type of exhaust?
Inside the kitchen hood are special filters that are highly sensitive to odors and a variety of fumes. By the method of forced ventilation, the hood draws from the air all the microelements and microparticles that got there during the cooking process. Depending on the type of air cleaning, kitchen hoods are of two types:
- recirculation (air gets inside the device, passes filtering through special cleaning filters, and then is released back into the space);
- flow-through (polluted air passes through the cleaning stage and returns back through the external ventilation system).
The modern market of household appliances is represented by various companies. Some of them have many years of experience, others are younger, but they can compete with the excellent quality and versatility of their products. Despite the rich range, there are a number of companies that remain leaders in the production and sale of kitchen appliances for a long period of time. The most high-quality and reliable devices are those that are manufactured in manufacturing plants in Italy, Germany, Japan and the UK.
After reading the reviews in the Internet space, having studied the key technical characteristics of a number of devices, ease of use, degree of wear resistance and the stated operational period, the following brands can be placed among the top five manufacturers of household extracts:
- the world-famous and high consumer demand German brand Bosch;
- British company MAUNFELD;
- The Slovenian company Gorenje has been producing equipment of excellent quality, high power and functionality for many years;
- Kronasteel is a German brand that has become the symbol of impeccable quality and excellent style throughout the world;
- Japanese brand Shindo applies various innovative technologies and methods, which attracts the mass attention of consumers.
Choose the type of hood
The range of household hoods is presented in four different categories, each of which has its own advantages and disadvantages. Before making a purchase, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with all existing options to date, examine their pros and cons, and then make the final choice of what the hood should be.
- Built-in powerful model differs in a practicality and reliability in operation. Already from the name it becomes clear that this model is built into the kitchen. Consequently, such hoods are quite compact and light. Installation does not require special knowledge and skills.
- compactness, ease;
- affordable pricing policy;
- wide range of choice of productive capacity;
- ease of care;
- "Inconspicuous" in the kitchen.
- excessive noise performance at high speeds;
- universal design.
- Island model - A great option for those kitchens where the stove is installed separately.
- high power;
- stylish original design;
- almost completely silent at low speeds.
- high price.
- Suspension hood - a universal model, which is designed for a buyer with an average level of income.
- high practicality and excellent wear resistance;
- stylish classic design;
- affordability financially.
- not suitable for rooms with a large area.
- Dome model mounted on a wall near the kitchen stove. This hood looks very stylish and original.
ease of care, ease of cleaning;
produces a lot of noise at high speeds;
air cleaning by the method of circulation is permissible only in models with a width of more than 90 cm.
Pay attention to power
A good hood should be equipped with a powerful engine. After all, the higher the performance of a household appliance, the more effective it is in operational terms. At the same time often powerful exhaust hoods have a significant drawback - this is a high noise level. In order for the device to work properly and to cope well with its intended purpose, it is necessary to correctly select the power of the device. Many companies producing cooker hoods offer online calculators to their customers, with which the consumer can independently calculate the power of a household appliance.
The universal formula for calculating power is as follows:
Kitchen area (S) * Ceiling height (H) * The rate of admission to the room fresh / updated air for an hour (according to SES standards - 10-12 times / hour) = Household exhaust power
Calculation examples for different areas
As you know, power consumption affects the performance of household appliances. Accordingly, the higher the first indicator, the greater the second. However, it is not always advisable to buy powerful hoods for ordinary household kitchen. Many different criteria need to be taken into account. For example, the type of hood, the number of family members, the frequency of use of a household device, the area of the kitchen and other factors.
How to calculate the most optimal power of the kitchen air cleaning device? There is no need to waste your time and time as a sales assistant to find out how to calculate the exhaust performance for 12 sq m, for 20, for 15, for 9, for 10, for 6, etc. the kitchen. To do this, it suffices to apply the universal / classical formula, which is described above.
Most Popular Models
The range of powerful kitchen cooker hoods offered in home appliances stores is able to satisfy the tastes and wishes of any customer. However, among the huge variety of choices there are a number of models that are in the highest demand:
- Bosch DHI 665 V 60 IX;
- MAUNFELD Cascada Trio 60;
- Kronasteel Kamilla Sensor 600;
- Asko CI 4176S;
- Ardesia Basic-F 50 W;
- ELIKOR Epsilon 50
Some subtleties when choosing
Type of kitchen hood, performance, power consumption - this is not all the criteria that should be considered when choosing a device for a modern kitchen. How to choose the most suitable and optimal option for a powerful kitchen hood? What are the key criteria to consider? What to look for?
- type of installation;
- filtering system and type of filters;
- type of control (mechanical, touch, button, slider);
- dimensions, weight;
- exterior design style;
- the material the device is made of (plastic, aluminum, enameled steel, stainless steel, tempered glass);
- number of speeds and acceptable modes of operation;
- noise performance level;
- the presence of various additional functions (backlight, timer for automatic on or off, "residual progress", "interval on", the presence of the display, etc.);
- expected operational life;
- availability of components;
- practicality, reliability, durability;
- price range.
A powerful kitchen hood is an indispensable and indispensable household appliance in a modern home. In order to have fun while cooking various dishes, you can’t do without a hood that cleans the air from odors, fumes, grease and burning.