Philips coffee maker
- Brand history
- What to look for when choosing?
- Browse popular models
The brand Philips is one of the most popular in the world. It is this company that produces a wide variety of household, cosmetic and kitchen appliances, and all of them, without exception, are in high demand from both ordinary people and professionals. Philips coffee maker is considered one of the best and most popular among the range of this brand today.
In 1891, two brothers Philips - Gerard and Anton, opened the first of its kind company for the production of conventional light bulbs. It was in the city of Eindhoven and at that time this product was very popular and in demand.
Over time, the brothers decided not to stop there and began to engage in the production and production of various medical instruments and devices. Due to the constant improvement of production technology and high quality medical products have also become very popular. But few people know that this brand was originally called Philips Co.
Starting from 1918, the specialists of the brand not only constantly expanded the range of their goods, but also patented their developments. Sometimes these were products manufactured by specialists of the company themselves, and sometimes they were products of joint production with well-known brands, for example, with Japanese Sony.
In early 1997, the company changed its name from Philips Co at Royal Philips Electronics, although buyers this brand is known as simply Philips. From its existence until 2001, the main production and headquarters of the company were located in Eindhoven, but at the beginning of the 19th century they moved to Amsterdam.
After another 8 years, Philips redeems the debt obligations of the well-known Saeco brand, which previously specialized in the production of various coffee makers, coffee machines and coffee machines, from bank agents. Since the merger of these two firms, the production of Philips-Saeco coffee machines began. Practically all coffee machines and coffee machines sold today are the result of the joint production of these two companies.
Since 2009, the mass production of brand coffee makers began. Saeco with the Philips logo. A distinctive feature of this product is the constant increase in its range, reasonable price, high quality, durability and ultra-modern stylish design.
To maximize the needs of its customers, as well as to increase their number, this brand today launches various kinds of coffee makers:
- Chaldovaya coffee maker considered one of the most popular. It practically makes no noise during operation, is easy to operate and maintain, and allows you to cook two cups of hot and aromatic drink at once. The principle of operation of such a device is quite simple. A special bag of coffee, or as it is called, a pod, is placed in the filter, water is poured into the container, the lid of the device is closed, and the “Start” button is pressed. Now, under the special opening, it is necessary to substitute a mug into which the freshly brewed drink will be poured.
- Capsule Coffee Makers work on the same principle as the previous version. Only instead of pods there are special coffee capsules that are installed in the machine. Such a device is a little more difficult to operate, as it has to perform a greater number of manipulations.
- Drip Coffee Makers are the most inexpensive, easy to use and popular. The essence of their work is that the ground coffee is placed in a special filter, lightly pressed against the spoon. Water is poured into the compartment, which turns into steam under pressure, passes through a special tube and drops onto the coffee. The result is a delicious, strong and aromatic drink. On sale it is possible to meet coffee makers of this type with coffee grinder function.
- Rozhkovaya coffee maker can be both pump and steam. In the first case, water will pass through the coffee placed in a special horn, and in the second - steam. Steam rozhkov devices have less power and capacity than pump. But both of these varieties of the unit prepare a really tasty, fragrant and invigorating drink very quickly.
Each version of the above units comes in sale in several models from different collections. Among such diversity, it is sometimes difficult to navigate and make the right choice.
What to look for when choosing?
In order not to regret the purchase that was made and to enjoy the purchased coffee maker and the tasty drink prepared in it for a long time, you need to know some of the nuances of choice.
- First of all, it is necessary to decide on what volume the jug should be. The greater its capacity, the more portions of the aromatic beverage can be prepared without spending time on regular topping up with water.
- The maximum quantity of the prepared portions drink per day.
This parameter is very important for those who live in a large family of coffee lovers or for those who purchase the device in the office or at work. The greater the number of people who will regularly use the coffee maker, the greater the amount of drink it should be able to cook.
- The number of types of brewed coffee - the more, the higher the cost of the unit itself. Therefore, it is necessary to decide on how many kinds of ready-made drink you really need.
When purchasing a coffee maker, you also need to carefully inspect the device visually. It should not have any chips, scratches or cracks. All closing mechanisms should close easily, effortlessly and crackly.
These are general guidelines for choosing a Philips coffee machine, but there are some nuances for each type of this appliance.
When choosing a drip coffee maker, pay attention to its power - it is better to give preference to devices with a power from 700 to 1000 watts. If you drink a lot of coffee, you need to choose a device that has not only the automatic shutdown function, but also the heating of the finished drink. The best option is considered a model with a jug, the flask in this case should have a volume of not less than 700 ml.
There are coffee makers with a plastic jug, and there are models that have a metal flask. The second option is preferable, since the jug is more hermetic, and the finished drink retains its temperature longer. The glass bowl is also found in such models of coffee makers. It keeps warm pretty well, is simple and easy to maintain, but not too durable to use.
When giving preference to rozkovo coffee maker, it is necessary to make sure that:
- Power devices is in the range from 1000 to 1700 watts.
- Steam pressure during operation ideally should be 9 bar. At best, it should range from 7 to 15 bar.
- Better to give preference models with a metal or, in extreme cases, a plastic case.
- The nozzle for the finished coffee must have an adjustment function. This will avoid splashing the beverage while pouring it into the mug.
- The coffee horn itself must be metallic., as in quality features, it is no worse than plastic, and in terms of shelf life it is several times greater than it.
- True connoisseurs of strong and fragrant drink should take care of the presence of such an additional function as pre-wetting. A small amount of water in this case penetrates the horn and helps the coffee beans to swell, in the future this allows you to get a stronger and more aromatic coffee.
The basics of capsular and chaldovy coffee makers are the same as in the choice of carob devices. This applies to power, material production, functions.
Absolutely every coffee maker, sold today under the Philips brand, is equipped with a special water filter. It can be made of titanium with a nitride coating, and can be plain paper, which must be changed every time after preparation of the drink. There are also reusable filters made of synthetic materials. The most expensive, durable and safe is considered to be a titanium filter, but it is also the most expensive. Therefore, it is better to give preference to the synthetic filter, the paper one in this regard is economically unprofitable.
Browse popular models
Philips is trying to offer its customers only the most modern coffee makers in a wide range. But there are also models that are in high demand among buyers:
- Philips "Senseo" HD7810. This device allows you to quickly brew coffee for several people at once, and all thanks to a roomy flask. Beautiful stylish design, compact dimensions, ease of care and use make this coffee maker today one of the most popular. It is implemented complete with two choledra. The body is plastic, stainless steel flask. This coffee maker is classified as a drip unit.
- Coffee machine Philips "Saeco" HD8325 ideal for making coffee pods, and ordinary ground coffee. It belongs to the category of rozhkovy devices. Compact size, stylish design, convenient equipment made this model very popular among the most sophisticated connoisseurs of coffee.
- Philips "Comfort Plus HD 7215 Poemia" - one of the most compact models of this household appliance. Refers to a group of drip coffee makers. It has a solid flask and a fairly durable filter. Easy to use and maintain, suitable for making only ground loose coffee. The useful volume of the water cup is just under one liter.
- "Cucina Cafe Duo Small" HD 7140 - This is another option drip coffee makers. It has a durable nylon filter, is equipped with a special anti-drop system and has a stand that warms up the mugs. It has a very compact size, light weight. This device is considered the most simple and budget. On sale there are two options for this model: for making one or two cups of coffee at the same time.
- Philips HD 7457 Cafe Comfort - This is another simple compact drip coffee maker. A reusable filter allows you to significantly simplify the care of the device, and if necessary it can always be replaced with a disposable one. Suitable for the preparation of crumbly ground espresso coffee.
- Philips "Saeco Syntia Cappuccino SS". This device is not just an ordinary coffee maker, but a real coffee machine, because it not only brews a delicious drink, but also crushes the grain with powerful ceramic knives. The graphic display allows you to control all the processes of the unit in one motion. This coffee maker is able to brew both espresso and cappuccino.
- Philips "Saeco Xsmall" - quite noisy during operation of the coffee maker. But at the same time she prepares a very strong, rich and fragrant drink. Refers to the type of drip, she is able to cook and pour coffee in two cups at once. This machine is used not only to make ground coffee, but it can also grind the grains to the required size.
- Essence HD 7624/02 used to make ground coffee. A big plus is smart programming. Depending on the amount of water in the flask, the device itself will show how much coffee needs to be poured into the filter. It has additional functions from thrashing, choice of drink strength, as well as automatic shutdown of the device after two hours of active work.
- Philips Espresso Duo Deluxe HD 5661 - this is a rozhkovy coffee maker. It is easy to use, quickly brews coffee, noiseless in operation, compact and easy to use. It belongs to the category of the latest coffee makers of this brand. It is in high demand because of its functionality, as well as due to the ability to prepare several types of coffee.
According to the manufacturer, all these models of coffee makers are notable for the high quality of both their design and prepared coffee, durability and ease of use.
Most of the reviews on Philips coffee machines are still positive. Customers note that making coffee in them is a pleasure. Caring for the device itself, regardless of its model, is very simple and convenient.
An important plus for many was the fact that some models of this device can brew coffee at once of several types and serve it in two mugs. All customers note the quality of coffee makers, their functionality and durability as the most important features and advantages of this product.
In this video you will find a demonstration of the Philips Daily Collection coffee maker.