Philips coffee machine
Every second inhabitant of our planet begins the day with a cup of coffee. Espresso, americano, latte, cappuccino - it really depends on taste preferences. Coffee made in a Philips coffee machine can satisfy the most sophisticated gourmet.
Features and benefits
A coffee machine makes coffee and other beverages based on it. The main difference between coffee machines and coffee makers: the minimum human participation in the preparation of beverages, all the work on the preparation of fully automatic. The Philips coffee machine contains the optimal number of options and buttons, is distinguished by its stylish design, long-term service life and, most importantly, a simple control system. It is ideal for home:
- grinds coffee beans, adjusting the degree of grinding,
- controls the strength of the drink
- whips milk and foam,
- brings water to a boil,
- brews coffee and coffee drinks,
- automatically warms up beverage containers
- can cook at the same time 2 servings.
Coffee gourmets refer to the advantages of the machine the ability to make "dabble" - coffee, which includes a double portion. The available timer, pressure control functions, grain sections, and ground powder are also considered to be its strengths. The machine is based on digital technology. This makes it easier to manage, which prevents damage due to improper operation. The mechanism consists of a grain grinding unit, a water tank, a dosing funnel, a container for coffee residues and a drip tray.
Model overview and rating
The model range of coffee machines is various, they differ both in functionality, and design.
- Saeco Minuto brews original coffee automatically according to the best traditions of Italy. The grindstones in this model are ceramic, which ensures the purity of the coffee smell. The grinding is carried out in 5 modes. The peculiarity of this model is a two-chamber jug that creates a magnificent milky foam with optimum temperature and density. The memory of the machine has the ability to save successfully selected parameters, which does not require subsequently to enter them again. Automatically descaled. In this model there is an adjustable spout suitable for any cups-containers. This model can be installed anywhere: it is very compact. Accessories are easy to remove and wash.
- Xsmall Black is ideal for the home, and for the office, the volume of 1 liter is likely to be small. Elementary easy to operate. It has an adaptive cooking group and ceramic millstones working in 5 positions. The advantage of this model is the ability to preserve the maximum flavor, thanks to the process of pre-brewing.
- Senseo - the most famous chaldovaya coffee machine. Chald - packed on 7-9 gr. Grilled, ground and pressed grains (in the form of tablets or sachets). 1 chald is designed for one portion. This allows you to simplify the problem with the choice of the amount of sleep coffee. However, it is quite problematic to purchase original Senseo pods (they are produced in Holland). In addition to the difficulties in acquiring pods, attention should be paid to the impressive dimensions of the device. Accordingly, for this model it is necessary to prepare a lot of space for its placement. Coffee connoisseurs say that the foam on this machine is not created real, but only imitating the desired foam. Best of all on this machine is American.
- Chald-based coffee is also prepared by the Aroma Inox coffee maker.. It has an additional cappuccinator, is dosed into 2 cups, and equipped with a heated platform for cups.
- Syntia - models of this brand are extremely rare. Basically, it is sold at sales, as it has negative characteristics: it wakes up coffee, the water sensor does not work in time. A clear limitation of the portion to be filled in: what she thinks is superfluous, she throws it to waste. When washing requires detailed disassembly.
- An “upgrade” for the Philips Series 3000 series of steel in 2017 is the new model line - HD 8827, 8829. This is one of the best modern coffee machines. The older generation does not have a fortress regulator, the “Aroma Plus” key added to those released this year, which is responsible for performing the function of increasing the strength of the drink; The program of making black coffee - “Espresso lungo” was added. However, it should be noted that 8827 does not work with ground coffee, it has only 2 settings of the fortress instead of five, there is no temperature controller, a screen, there is no function responsible for programming the water hardness. The Philips HD 8829 has an Aroma Plus key; the program “Cappuccino” is added, working in one click on a fully automatic cappuccinator; Added a separate plastic milk jug in which you can store the milk in the refrigerator, pulling out as needed.
- Intelia coffee machines are considered the best option for lazy coffee lovers, as they are fully automated.. A single-click machine makes a latte macchiato.
- The Picobaristo coffee machine is much larger than other models, it is equipped with electronics, the design is slightly changed. The steel front part looks very stylish, but also drowns out the sounds of a running machine. Added quick cappuccinator cleaning function. With a single click allows you to prepare 5 drinks, plus several more varieties are prepared through a separate key. All proportions of the relationship of coffee and milk can be customized as desired.
- A distinctive feature of the Moltio line is the availability of a replaceable coffee bean hopper, which allows changing different coffees if necessary.. Otherwise, the technical specifications are similar to the Series 3100, only slightly larger and the water tank comes from the front, not from the top. Moltio has 4 models that differ only in the types of cappuccinator (manual, semi-automatic, automatic) and design.
- Sarista - grain machine, suitable for families or offices, in which the tastes of coffee varieties are radically different. On this machine, with the help of a removable plastic bin in one movement, you can change the grain, alternating it for each cup separately. But this machine does not prepare drinks with milk, does not supply hot water - it prepares only coffee classics of varying degrees of strength. The kit includes a metal thermos holding heat for several hours. The millstones in the car are not ceramic, but steel. It is possible to set the mode for six cups at the same time. There is no touch control, control is performed using 5 buttons and 4 indicators. It should be noted that the implementation of descaling takes a fairly long time: 45 minutes. Once in 400 cups, the mechanism must be lubricated with factory grease (the machine does not count the number of mugs, you have to do it yourself).
- The Xelsis coffee machine is considered the pinnacle of perfection. In addition to the standard device, it has increased functional advantages: two cappuccinators - manual and automatic, the regulator of crema coffee foam and the preservation of preferences for the volume of milk foam directly in the beverage program. Provided auto cleaning milk horn. Two boilers switch coffee brewing and whipping milk. The special American mode imitates the drip coffee maker. For true gourmets, a regulator is provided that controls the wetting time of the coffee pill, which makes it possible to maximize the properties of the drink. Three connection timers allow you to set the time to turn on and warm up the machine. Completely steel profile looks very stylish and allows you to work much quieter than other machines.
- Manufacturers equate Cappuccino rozhkovy coffee maker to coffee machines, arguing that the preparation of the drink with little or no human intervention. The coffee maker is equipped with a cappuccinator, the advantage of this technique is a thermoblock, which allows you to make several drinks in a row, pleases and a sufficient place for tall glasses for latte.
- Saeco HD 8323 39 Poemia - also rozhkovy coffee maker, representative of manual semi-automatic, so its functionality is equated to the work of coffee machines. It can use both ground coffee and pods. Small dimensions of a strict case design. Due to the fact that it is not automatic, part of the process has to be done manually: grind the coffee, fall asleep in the filter. This model has one of the best filters, a very tricky spring-loaded horn system, allowing you not to philosophize over the quality of grinding and ramming. The design has a built-in manual panarello cappuccinator, which allows you to make cappuccino or latte. The design is very easy to disassemble for the necessary care, there is a top heated cup. The connection is very simple.
How to use?
Using a coffee machine is very simple, it takes very little time. It is necessary to treat it carefully, otherwise breakdowns are inevitable. Care should be carried out strictly according to the attached instructions, as each machine requires an individual approach. Rules for use include regular decalcification (descaling) and cleaning coffee beans from oils, using special cleaning agents (liquid or in the form of tablets). As required, lubricate the mechanism. The period of work after which lubrication and cleaning is required is specified in the instructions for use. When the words “Calc” light up on the coffee machine, it must be descaled. Glowing "Clean" requires cleaning coffee beans from the oil. In order to delay the moment of cleaning from scale, you can use bottled water. Some expensive models have an automatic cleaning mode.
It is necessary to closely monitor the luminous indicators of the machine, which prompt / warn about a particular emerging problem:
- if the exclamation mark blinks - the grain container is full, or the hydraulic system is empty, or there is no brewing unit or the lid is removed from the grain container;
- if the green light is on - it indicates readiness, red - no water, “temperature” flashes red;
- over time, it is required to rinse the “cream” valve, which makes the coffee foam, and if it is clogged, the quality of the drink suffers;
An error indicator that appears on the display of the machine also suggests a problem:
- E01 - clogged funnel ground coffee,
- E03 - the cooking group is blocked or the lubrication is incorrect.
- E04 - the cooking group is not fixed or indicators E03,
- E14 - the car is overheated.
For other indicators of the indicator should contact the service centers.
When buying, you should pay attention to the marking model: ESAM refers to the older generation ECAM - to those that are newer, ETAM - latest models, lettering at the end of type marking S, B - denote color (silver, black). When using pods, no special skills are required: take the portion bag out of the package, place it in the filter, and insert it into the machine. When using drip type coffee machines: pour water into a container, pour ground coffee into the filter, press a button. When operating the grain coffee machine: pour cold water into the container, pour coffee beans into the coffee grinder, heat the cup, put it under the nozzle, select a program for the drink, press the button
The glass bulb is one of the parts of drip type machines. Usually its volume is 0.75 l. It is made of heat resistant glass or plastic. Some models have flasks for coffee makers with a handle made of heat-insulating material, which allows you to conveniently move the drink. The built-in jugs in the kit are designed for milk. Filters provide clean water and protect against scale. A cappuccinator can be manual panarello and automatic. Ground coffee is required to fall asleep in a special container, located next to the capacity for coffee beans. For espresso machines, only ground coffee is poured (beans and instant coffee are not used there).
For making espresso coffee pills are used - it is pressed ground coffee. It is made with the help of a tempera and a holder. Freshly ground coffee is poured into the holder-spoon to the limiter line, then the surface is leveled with light blows on the walls of the holder, after which it is necessary to press the tempera on the surface of the coffee. A tablet is considered to be properly prepared if it has a flat surface and does not fall out when the holder is turned over.
The entire process of the machine is controlled by an electronic board. This is the most expensive part of the machine. In the most complex coffee machines - this is, in fact, a minicomputer with a processor and a memory chip. In simpler models, this is a chipset with a specific instruction set.
According to consumers, the Philips brand and its coffee machines occupy one of the leading places. The reasons for this popularity are in a wide variety of models, differing in cost, size, design, functionality. Any coffee lover can choose a model according to his preferences. Most models prepare a variety of coffee drinks. Simplicity of operation - the distinctive characteristic of these cars. A good morning starts with a Philips coffee machine.