Nespresso coffee maker
- Appearance history
- Coffee making process
- Advantages and disadvantages
- What should be considered?
Coffee maker in the modern world is no longer a luxury: coffee lovers can choose the device for every taste and wallet. It should be noted that capsule devices can rather be called coffee machines (as many stores do), since they are as automated as possible and often have just one button. Nespresso coffee maker is very popular among coffee lovers.
Nespresso received a patent for a capsule system as early as 1978, and it was only in the late eighties that it presented to the world the first capsule coffee maker “S-100” and four capsules for it. Several sorts of coffee are mixed, fried and crushed, then they are tamped into special aluminum capsules, preserving the taste. In Russia, such devices and capsules began to be released recently, but real coffee lovers have already appreciated their advantages.
Coffee making process
Capsule type coffee machine is a real magic wand for business people who have every minute on their account. It is very easy to use, making coffee takes little time.
The capsule with the crushed coffee that you bought in advance in the store, you need to insert into a special compartment in the coffee machine and press the "start" button. Everything else will do for you car. When you press the button, the capsule will automatically pierce and water will be poured into it under pressure. After a couple of minutes, the water absorbs all the taste and aroma, and you get a cup of fresh, invigorating drink.
In this case, you will not need to puzzle over how to adjust the temperature and cooking time - everything is selected automatically.
Nespresso also produces coffee makers with pods. The pod (or tablet) is a filter package with compressed coffee. The cost of such tablets is lower than the price of capsules. It all depends on the material from which the packaging is made (perforated food paper, plastic capsules). In the pods there are several types of roasted and milled grain, as in capsules, and the process of making coffee is identical. It is necessary to place the pod into a special compartment and press the button. Coffee is ready!
Advantages and disadvantages
Nowadays, practically in every household appliance store you can see a fairly large variety of coffee making devices of any type: geyser, drip and rozhkovy coffee makers, automatic espresso machines, pod coffee makers and others. Nespresso capsule coffee machines certainly deserve attention. They have a lot of advantages:
- Ease of maintenance. Put the capsule and press the button is not difficult, while the coffee machine does not need to be washed. It is enough to clean it from a scum once in several months.
- Compactness. This "baby" will fit in any kitchen, even if you live in a studio apartment so popular now.
- Stylish appearance. There is nothing to comment on here - it's nice when the equipment pleases the eye and fits easily into the interior.
- Drink always remains consistently tasty. Thanks to the ready-made capsules, you don’t need to worry about pouring too much or too little coffee.
- Variety of tastes. Nespresso offers 26 types of coffee.
- Silently working.
- Alternative coffee capsules from various manufacturers are suitable for making coffee, which is much more profitable.
- Nespresso coffee machines are significantly cheaper than conventional devices.
At the same time, such coffee makers have a couple of essential unpleasant features: the price of capsules is not at all democratic, and they are often sold only in retail stores. However, when using alternative capsules, these drawbacks disappear.
A good option for a small family or for one person would be the Nespresso Essenza coffee maker. This miniature device contains a 0.9 liter tank, you can make it a standard espresso or lungo. The capsule is loaded manually. Spent capsules are automatically discarded, there is also a container for old capsules (up to 14 pieces). Nine minutes after the completion of work, the machine goes into sleep mode.
One of the inexpensive models can be considered the Inissia coffee maker. These machines are produced by Krups - with Nespresso. Inissia is able to make lungo and espresso for you - just like Essenza. The container holds up to 11 used capsules, after 9 minutes after preparing the coffee, the coffee machine will turn off.
The next line of capsule coffee machines is the Lattissima model. The price of them is higher than the previous models, because with “Lattissima” you can make not only espresso. The built-in cappuccinator allows you to prepare cappuccino, latte and macchiato - with adjustable foam density. The system is designed in such a way that after cooking the coffee machine itself is washed from the foam.
The water tank has a volume of 1 l, there is also a special container where used capsules are automatically discharged. The tray in the coffee machine can be adjusted, which allows the use of cups of all sizes. Water cooler can be washed. The built-in alert system will remind you that the device needs to be descaled.
What should be considered?
There are a few essential points that you need to find out when buying:
- Power. For instant cooking, choose appliances with a capacity of 1200 W and above.
- The capacity of the water tank. You should choose a volume of at least one liter, this size of the tank will allow you to prepare 2 cups of coffee.
- The pressure of the pump (maximum steam pressure in the coffee machine) should be at least 15 bar, and better - even more. Otherwise, the coffee will last longer and will not reveal its full flavor.
- Please note that models with a cappuccinator have the opportunity to brew not only espresso, but cappuccino, macchiato and latte. But such cars, of course, will cost much more.
- Automatic cleaning. This parameter is important for espresso, and for other types of coffee.
- Built-in system "Thermoblock". This feature allows you to quickly heat the water.
- Capsule cost Original coffee capsules are quite expensive, but alternatives are also suitable for using Nespresso coffee machines.
- Various additional functions - for example, a pallet that can be adjusted, automatic shutdown of the machine and others.
Every customer finds a feature for which he fell in love with Nespresso coffee makers. Many coffee lovers praise Nespresso for ease of service and quality of the drink. How nice when you can get an aromatic drink in just a couple of minutes - even without leaving your home!
Housewives appreciated the stylish design of models and their compactness, as well as the lack of need to wash the coffee maker after each use. With Nespresso, you can continue to enjoy chatting with guests, without worrying about the fact that dried leftover coffee will be hard to clean.
Unfortunately, the disadvantages of Nespresso coffee machines were also noted. In the reviews, customers write that the low price of the device is significantly overlapped by the high prices of the capsules. Purchasing them is also quite difficult - mostly capsules for coffee makers are sold in large cities. Some of the respondents didn’t like the taste of coffee either, but this, as they say, is an amateur.
Summing up, I must say that the market for coffee making equipment is expanding all the time, so you have every opportunity to purchase a really good device. Compare the options offered by manufacturers, and decide for what purpose you need a coffee maker. If you like classic espresso without any frills, simple models are for you. If you are a true gourmet, then you should not save. It is better to make a choice in favor of a multifunctional apparatus.
Review the Nespresso coffee maker in the next video.