Every day there are new interesting proposals for the design of the kitchen interior. The most successful designs are moving from “fashionable pictures in a magazine” to real apartments. Equipping the house, we strive to pick up unusual materials, equipment, furniture. The modern interior of a modern kitchen in 2018 is a cozy place to relax for the whole family. Such a room should delight with modern design, quality, functionality and comfort. Gather the whole family at the big table, or fill with romance quiet evenings. Below we will talk about modern innovations in the interior of the kitchen in 2018, emphasize fashion trends and trends.
Despite modern trends, naturalness, quality and comfort remain in high esteem.
A competent plan for the placement of furniture will be the main task before starting repairs. All details of the furnishings should guarantee convenience, functionality of use, aesthetic beauty.
An example of competent zoning corner kitchen
Roulette, paper, pencil - will be the first tools to create a fashionable kitchen with high ergonomics.
- Create a detailed drawing, including the dimensions of the window and door openings, the height and length of the walls, and also consider the existing nuances of the layout (niches, built-in wardrobes, hoods, the location of natural / artificial light sources);
- Agree in advance on the size of large household appliances, especially for overall gas boilers, since they are often the starting point for building the entire interior.
Be sure to remove all sizes, taking into account the location of communications
There are 5 options for the location of the working and dining areas of the kitchen. The pictures below show them clearly. Based on the available dimensions, it should be noted that angular or straight layouts are suitable for small ones. Lucky owners of spacious apartments will be interested in U-shaped, fashionable island or parallel layout options. Depending on the chosen interior design of the kitchen, you should think about the correct arrangement of the dining table, which can be near-wall, island or in the form of a bar counter.
The most popular options for placing furniture in the kitchen
Secrets of expanding space
Not everyone can boast a larger kitchen of 13 sq.m. But, knowing some of the tricks of design and interior design, you can already visually push the walls apart, at the repair stage, add “air” and lightness.
- Get rid of the interior door. Its presence is not always justified, and sometimes even leads to the appearance of a "dead" zone in the kitchen. The modern, powerful extractor can easily handle the smells that are everywhere present in the cooking process. An example of a competent change in the kitchen space by mounting the door is shown in the photo;
- Combine a place for eating with an adjoining room, breaking the wall partition. Combining a kitchen with a balcony will be an excellent design solution and will delight with the view from the window in the process of cooking or drinking tea;
- An interesting, modern idea will be the dismantling of the old window sill. In its place you can install a tabletop. So the interior will come off the standard “typical” type, and the hostess will receive a new functional zone.
See photos of fashionable small kitchen in 2018 below.
Round dining table looks very elegant in the interior of a small kitchen and takes up little space.
Studio rooms have long been interested in interior designers. Unusual fashionable design techniques, changing the usual geometry of the space, the use of multifunctional furniture are relevant here.
In order not to overload the space, the kitchen unit can be equipped with open shelves.
Owners of large apartments will appreciate, fashionable this year, the union with the living room. With proper planning, you can achieve the formation of zones for joint family recreation, with a place for privacy.
But small-sized ones are suitable for combining two adjacent rooms. As mentioned above, in such apartments there should be a powerful extractor that will not allow odors to be absorbed into all the particles of a small room. Small one-bedroom studio apartments will be an excellent home for a young couple without children or a bachelor, who does not yet seek to tie themselves with long relationships, which means that they do not need constant cooking marathons for a large family. Fashionable interior designs of a small kitchen are shown in the photo.
Thanks to the combination of two rooms, you can create a luxurious and functional interior.
Important! If you decide to change the layout in your typical apartment, you should contact the specialized authorities for permission to demolish partitions!
The main task in combining the kitchen and the next room will be to prevent the interior from cluttering up with unnecessary decorative elements, furniture and appliances. The main trend of interior design is visual expansion of the area.
On a small area it is better to use light colors and functional furniture.
When developing a zoning method, answer yourself to several important questions: how much time do you plan to spend in the kitchen, how many people will usually be in the same place at the same time, how often do you have guests, what is your usual lunch or quick snack while running? It is these questions and answers that will help rationally approach the process of buying and arranging furniture, appliances, and lighting.
Every kitchen should always have a place to rest.
Having decided on the layout of the kitchen, you can proceed to the selection of fashionable colors. Take a look at specialized magazines, there are collected the most modern fashionable ideas of the finished kitchen interior design.
Monochrome interior can be diluted with bright details
Important! Listen to yourself. Whether you are comfortable surrounded by bright facades, or it is better to pay attention to more restrained colors. Remember that even the most fashionable, modern trends may not be suitable for you, as a result, such an atmosphere of the kitchen threatens with a daily feeling of dissatisfaction with the result, irritability, disharmony.
So let's take a look at the basic palette that will become the fashion trend for 2018:
Reminds of air clouds, such a print always looks amazing. You can verify this by looking at the photo below.
White is inherent in Scandinavian style kitchens.
The positive sides of the white facade will be:
- Visual increase in kitchen footage;
- Feeling of weightlessness of the structure;
- The kitchen becomes lighter;
- Fits easily with other colors;
- With proper care for a long time retains the appearance of sterile cleanliness.
White kitchen creates a very light and spacious interior.
But, unfortunately, in the kitchen, the aesthetics of white often lose its impracticality.
Tip! The combination of white cabinets with a dark desktop is a classic, and will be a compromise between beauty and practicality!
Juicy green - hit in 2018. It is in the kitchen that its use is justified and appropriate. Choose your version of the modern "tasty" color:
- Grassy - the trend of 2018, recalls the emerald meadows bathed in sun.
- Lime - bold, rich, impulsive, fashionable. Looks good in fusion, ethnic, pop art, hi-tech, futurism.
- Olive - calm, peaceful, appetizing. As shown in the photo, it can be an excellent basis for the entire interior design of a modern kitchen. Olive decoration likes good lighting.
- Pistachio - a cocktail of bright green and restrained olive. It can be the basis or fashionable addition to the kitchen interior design.
- Mint - takes to childhood. Gives lightheartedness, lightness, freshness.
- Lime - trendy color for the kitchen interior. On the verge of yellow and green. Become a juicy twist.
Glossy facades visually increase the room
In 2018, the trend is a shade of red - Aurora Red (Red Aurora), presented in the photo. Passionate, catchy, dynamic - will become a central part of the entire interior.
The absolute hit of this year is Aurora Red.
Add summer paint. Certainly suitable very bright nature, with a strong, cheerful character, optimistic attitude to life. In the photo below you can see a great example of the competent use of bright orange color in the interior of the modern kitchen of 2018.
Orange color is perfect to liven up the kitchen interior.
At all times this color was considered mysterious, fashionable, noble. It is difficult to imagine such a set in a small kitchen, but if it is “diluted” with bright or light colors, it will acquire luxurious sensuality. Fashionable kitchen interior design in black color can be found in the presented photo.
Black set perfectly combined with natural wood
The basis of high-tech style! It will help create a truly technological, fashionable interior. The subdued elegance allows you to add various relevant decorations. And modern textile accessories, as in the photo, will complete the picture.
Compact and functional high-tech kitchen
In 2018, the trend was the shade of Air Blue (air blue). The name itself speaks of relaxation, pacification, freshness, lightness. Perfectly suited for the interior of the kitchen in the style of Provence.
Blue color fits perfectly in the gentle style of Provence in the kitchen
Tip! Modern photo printing technologies allow you to add pictures of snowy mountains, white clouds to a soft blue wall-mounted kitchen apron.
Provides warm, cozy comfort throughout the room. Such a "home" color has a long gathering, reading books, suitable romantic natures, or those who want to relax from the bustle of the streets.
Beige combines well with other colors.
Modern monochrome cuisine is a win-win, but what if you want to experiment a little with different combinations? The correct answer, of course, is to select the most successful combinations, follow the emergence of new trends and interesting designs. So you refresh the whole interior, add a twist to it.
Dilute the dark gray monochrome headset can be a contrasting bright yellow color
There are rules for the layout of flowers in the interior. Let's look at them:
- White - versatile, combined with everything; trendy, refreshing, clean;
- Beige - most compatible with turquoise and chocolate;
- Gray - trendy color in 2018, looks good in a pair with a darkened violet, burgundy, fuchsia, azure;
- Pink - gray, chocolate, blue-green;
- Red - suitable for layouts with white, emerald, heavenly, black, yellow, gray;
- Brown - looks good with azure, emerald, solid;
- Orange is beautifully combined with blue-blue, lilac, fuchsia;
- Yellow - with lilac, blue, gray, red, black;
- Green - suitable for amber, chocolate, solid, dark gray;
- Blue - to lilac, white, maroon;
- Black - the standard of elegance, versatile in all combinations.
Combining different colors when designing the kitchen, always listen to the advice of interior design masters. For example, you need to know that it is not recommended to use more than three shades at the same time.
Try not to pick up the headset exactly the color of the walls. Furniture, according to the rules of modern design, should be somewhat darker than the finish. Discard the monochromatic coloring of the floor with the ceiling in order to avoid a visual narrowing of the space.
Accentuate the facade design with trendy, contrasting wall panels and countertops. If the base is light, then for a change, use contrasting accessories, textiles, decorative elements, pictures and photo printing. On the contrary, if the walls are bright, it is worth diluting them with more neutral tones.
Stylish furniture and appliances for the kitchen
In pursuit of fashion, we should not forget that 2018 is a time for ergonomics, functionality and high technology in the interior. Regardless of the design of the design, a trendy kitchen set should be as user-friendly as possible, roomy, and easy to clean. Thanks to the development of technology, modern models are equipped with high-quality fittings, holders, closers, fixtures - which guarantee the rational use of every centimeter. And this is important, because it is in the kitchen that simultaneous placement of multi-level dishes, a large number of heavy dinner sets, and food stocks is required.
Technical innovations in 2018 are:
- The unusually shaped sliding corner boxes with closers, snaps, for example, a corner drawer, as in the photo, allow the use of a “dead” zone under the sink, which means it increases the usable area;
- New in 2018 - built-in machines for coffee, they will delight lovers of hot drink, and modern design will speak about the high wealth of the owner, his success;
- Fashionable high water taps, with an additional hose, shown in the photo below, will be convenient for collecting large amounts of water during cooking, cleaning;
- LED lighting cabinets, give unique lighting, muted brightness will bring romance, and the presence of colored light bulbs will add a special entourage to the design of the kitchen;
- Grinders of food waste with a sink, are irreplaceable for hostesses who like to prepare from fresh vegetables and fruit;
- Built-in water filters with reverse osmosis and ionizer are no longer a novelty, but their installation has become a good trend in the issue of striving for a healthy lifestyle, and modern design allows you to apply them in all styles of interior design;
- Rails on the surface of the glass apron - for convenient placement of textile accessories, hanging shelves;
- Trend 2018 - stations for charging gadgets, flat-panel TVs built into the doors, this you can see in the photo;
- Mirror hobs, ovens raised to the level of a person’s belt;
- Glass aprons with images printed by photo printing.
An interesting fashion trend in 2018 was the ability to shape and modify the finished kitchen set to your liking. This was made possible thanks to mobile indoor units, which can be freely removed and installed in a new place. So the hostess, even after the purchase of a set, can customize it for themselves.
Once again go over the basic rules for choosing a fashionable design for the kitchen in 2018. Always be guided by the available area, the location of the hood and lighting elements. Think over the combination of colors, try to imagine how they will be surrounded by them every day. How such an interior would be comfortable, appropriate. Do not use a large number of colors for the kitchen at once. Quantity is not always equivalent to quality. Pick up content based on your daily habits. So, you should not put a coffee machine or other fashion accessories blindly following the novelties, because fashion is changeable, and the chosen kitchen furnishings will be near you for many years.