The value of kitchen appliances is characterized by the tasks that it is capable of solving. This is especially important for mixers working with different products. Among the main indicators of the quality of this device should be allocated power. Today there are many different types of such devices on the market, which makes it difficult for many buyers to choose. Therefore, before making a purchase, it is imperative to evaluate all the technical characteristics of the mixers and compare several modifications.
Power as a guarantee of efficiency
Power is one of the first characteristics, which experts recommend to pay attention to when choosing such mechanisms. Today on the market are devices for which this figure varies from 200 to 2000 watts. It should be understood that the following indicators depend on this value:
- Maximum volume of processed products. Mixers with a capacity of up to 400 W are domestic and are often used for whipping proteins or kneading dough weighing up to 0.5 kg. Mechanisms whose engine develops an effort of about 400-500 W can already work with dough weighing up to 1.5 kg. Stationary systems allow you to cook 4 kg of this mixture. It should be noted that there are professional mixers that are used in production. These systems perfectly cope with the dough kneading about 10-20 kg.
- Processing speed The more powerful the mixer, the faster it will cope with the same volume of ingredients as a similar device with low power. It should be understood that this can be identified only if we use systems where these indicators differ by more than 2 times.
A powerful system is not always the best choice if you buy it for simple tasks. He will do his job perfectly, but at the same time consume more electricity.
We determine the optimal performance
Buying a mixer, many are not sure how to choose the power of this device. This indicator depends on its purpose. The more powerful the system is, the more it will be and the sooner it will cook products. Also, many experts when choosing recommend to consider a few simple characteristics:
- For household hand models optimum power should be at least 250-300 watts. If this figure is slightly less, then it can lead to combustion of the engine with low loads. Such products are great for minimal needs (forcing eggs or kneading dough).
- Minimum power stationary models should be 300-400 watts. If this figure is lower, the device will not be able to knead the dough properly. Many popular manufacturers of such devices are trying to optimize the power and volume of the bowl. This allows you to choose a quality modification for the house, which will cope with the desired amount of work.
Popular powerful models
Among the variety of mixers on the market, we should highlight a few of the most powerful devices:
- Electrolux EKM 4000. The force of this product is 1 kW at a cost of about 380 dollars. The system works under control of 10 speeds, as well as a special turbo mode. The planetary mixer is made of stainless steel, which allows it to be used both in everyday life and in a small cafe.
- Smeg SMF01. The mixer also has a large capacity, which is 1 kW. All major components of the unit are made of high quality metal and stainless steel. The products are highly reliable and productive, although its cost is almost two times higher than that of the previous modification.
- Moulinex HM 615130 Powermix. The power of the device reaches only 500 W, but it is enough to mix the dough and beat the eggs. This model of the device is stationary and is equipped with a rotating bowl, which greatly improves the quality of processing ingredients.
Mixer power is one of the most important factors, which indicates its efficiency and reliability. When buying, preference should be given to models of popular manufacturers that have positive feedback about their products from users.