Mechanical blender or electronic: features of choice
- Selection rules
Blender helps housewives to significantly reduce and facilitate the process of cooking. On sale today is a wide range of this device. But before you buy a blender, advice on choosing useful recommendations and technical characteristics of mechanical and electronic models is still worth exploring.
All blenders produced today differ from each other in price, functions, appearance and, most importantly, in the type of control. Thus, according to the basic classification, such devices are stationary and manual. And they can be controlled in two ways: electrical and mechanical. At the same time, submersible blenders have only the possibility of mechanical control, while stationary models can have both electronic control and mechanical control.
Mechanical control of the device is the ability to change the speed of work through the use of a rotary mechanism. In addition, he is responsible for turning on and off the device.
Electronic control is more complex, it consists in the presence of several special buttons on the control panel, each of which is responsible for a specific action. For ease of use of electronic blenders, manufacturers often install on them a special display, which reflects the selected functions.
If we talk about what kind of blender to choose - mechanical or electronic, you must first decide what it is planned to use this device.
Earlier, we have already said that all immersion blenders have only mechanical control, while stationary ones can also have electronic ones. Therefore, before you make a purchase, you need to decide on some nuances:
- How often do you plan to use this kitchen unit. If occasionally, then a mechanical blender is also suitable. And for everyday use, moreover, sometimes several times, the electronic model is best suited. The fact is that using a handheld device, you not only have to constantly hold it in your hands, but also keep your finger on the button continuously, otherwise it will not work continuously. But this approach will not only reduce the cooking time, but also lead to fatigue.
- For the preparation of which dishes, and in what amount will be used. If there are no more than two people in your family, then there is no point in acquiring a stationary electronic model. You can grind any products, and even prepare a cocktail (with proper skills) using a hand-operated blender with mechanical control.
- Keep in mind that models with electronic control are much higher, so try to decide right away exactly what amount of money and for what you are ready to pay.
- Do not forget about the presence of the so-called pulsed mode of operation. That he will quickly and thoroughly grind the hardest products. If the presence of such a function is fundamental for you, then it is better to give preference to models with electronic control.
If you have not yet decided which blender you need with electronic or mechanical control, then we recommend that you familiarize yourself with our brief overview of the most high-quality and popular models of both types with their brief characteristics.
- POLARIS PHB 1036AL Titan blender with mechanical control, weighing just under one and a half kilograms. It has 6 speeds, it is implemented together with a measuring cup, a half-liter bowl, a chopping knife and a whisk. With a power of 1000 watts, it will quickly and easily beat up and grind any products. It is easy to use and judging by the reviews it is easy to wash. An indispensable tool when cooking baby food and grinding a small amount of food.
- BOSCH MSM 66150 ErgoMixx mechanical blender with 12 speeds and turbo mode. Power 600 watts. Sold complete with measuring cup and whisk. Grinds small amounts of food quickly and uniformly. According to the reviews, it works almost silently and is easy to clean even in the dishwasher. It can grind and mix even the smallest volumes of products.
- BOSCH MSM 88190 is the most versatile and blender among those presented here. Its power is 800 W, it has 12 speeds, turbo mode and pulse mode. It is implemented complete with a grinder, a nozzle a grater, a nimbus, a shredder, a nozzle for chopping ice and even with a nozzle for the dough. Judging by the reviews, it works flawlessly, is easy to manage and care, compact and ideal even for making cocktails.
Just want to say that electronic blenders are not available for sale as often as mechanically controlled devices. But despite this, we want to provide you with the top three models that buyers really liked:
- RAWMID Dream Luxury 2 (BDL-09) stationary model with a truly amazing power of 2900 watts. The number of speeds is equal to 8, there is a function of grinding ice, sewn from children. Touch control allows you to easily select the desired mode of operation. According to buyers, a great model that does an excellent job with chopping, chopping and whipping. Minus is a large bowl volume.
- ENDEVER HB-09 one of the most inexpensive electronic blenders. Low price, easy operation, effective execution of a given program, the presence of turbo mode and 8 speeds make this device a very useful acquisition. The downside is a small power of 350 W, so very hard products should not be crushed in this unit.
- ProfiCook PC-UM 1006 - electronic blender with 5 speeds and 1200 watts. It has ice crushing function, impulsive mode and turbo mode. In addition to the presence of touch control, it also has the function of signaling the beginning and end of work. The minus is a rather high cost and heavy weight of the bowl, as well as the fact that when loading more than half of the jug the protective lid opens independently.
Now that you know the difference between electronic blenders and mechanical blenders, which should be taken into account when making a choice, you can make the right purchase. And it’s up to you to choose a mechanical or electronic blender.