Material for kitchen furniture
A kitchen set should not only meet all sanitary and hygienic requirements, but also be durable, able to withstand more than one general cleaning, and also serve as an interior decoration. In this article we will discuss options for material for kitchen furniture, taking into account the advantages and disadvantages of each.
One of the popular materials for the production of kitchen furniture is laminated chipboard, used by many companies for the manufacture of kitchen sets. The advantages of this type of material are:
- Low cost, allowing you to purchase products from chipboard to a family with a small budget capacity;
- Simplicity of assembly even for the nonprofessional and universality of details. All accessories can be purchased in specialized stores separately, which is very practical when any part fails - it will not be difficult to make repairs;
- A wide range of colors and textures allows you to purchase furniture with imitation wood, any color, matte, glossy, and even interspersed with sparkles;
- Immunity to moisture due to the use of acrylic film. This material does not melt due to high temperatures.
- Among the disadvantages of chipboard should be noted:
- Possible toxicity due to tar fumes;
- Relative strength LDSP loses by the criterion of durability such materials as MDF and natural wood.
Kitchens from MDF today are considered the most popular. This material received universal appreciation due to the following merits:
- Environmental friendliness. The binder in this type of material is paraffin or urea harmless to humans;
- The strength of MDF is significantly higher than that of laminated chipboard. Now you can not be afraid of shocks and water in the operation of the kitchen;
- The material is processed in a special way, which prevents subsequent delamination and the formation of cracks;
- The variety of textures allows you to choose a set of MDF for every taste. It should be noted that on the surface of the material you can make carved patterns, paint it or laminate it;
- The cost of MDF is slightly higher than the cost of particleboard, which increases consumer demand for it.
According to customer reviews, the best furniture is made of solid wood. Kitchen sets from a pine or from an oak differ in durability, durability. Such furniture is done for ages! The structure of natural wood never goes out of fashion and is ideal for the interior in a classic style. It is possible to use both natural coloring of breed, and the bleached models.
The disadvantage of the tree is its change when water enters or the effect of excessively dry air. To avoid cracking, the surface is treated with water-repellent impregnation and periodically varnished. Unfortunately, the furniture from the massif differs in high cost and not everyone will be able to afford complete set from a whole tree.
Such relatively new material as rattan is gaining more and more popularity among manufacturers and buyers of furniture. Despite the external fragility, rattan furniture is able to withstand heavy loads, so various combinations of rattan and glass are very popular. Care for such products is simple - just wipe the surface with a damp cloth. Damage may well be repaired by yourself.
Rattan furniture is perfect for giving. This light natural material will add rustic chic to the look of the kitchen and give a peculiar flavor to the interior. Of course, for a classic style or an ultra-modern loft style, it is better to use a version made of wood or MDF, but for an eco style rattan is the best fit. It looks very nice combination of rattan with bamboo and other tree species, for example, with ash.
Modern plastic is quite suitable for use in the design of the facades of the kitchen set and for the manufacture of countertops. Among the advantages of the polymer coating should be noted durability, water resistance. Kitchen plastic is resistant to high temperatures. With the help of the facade decoration with colored plastic, you can give the furniture a peculiar brightness and the necessary expressiveness. Glossy surface can transform any kitchen.
The price of this material is low, which allows you to arrange the room furniture is inexpensive, but with taste.
Metal finish is used as the main accessories in the production of kitchen furniture. Handles, hooks, fasteners, parts of facades and sinks, corners - all this is made of stainless steel or aluminum.
This material is the most reliable and durable. Steel is easy to use, it is distinguished by environmental friendliness and enormous wear resistance. In the decoration of kitchen sets, the fittings painted in the color of bronze, silver or gold are widely used. You can choose as an option in gloss and matte products.
Used metal and for the production of worktops. Original and boldly look stainless steel countertops. This design option is suitable for the kitchen in the style of a loft or high-tech. The advantage of the metal is that the countertops made of it are cheaper than stone. The disadvantages of stainless steel products include the darkening of their color over time.
A natural stone
Stone rocks are used for the manufacture of countertops. Such furniture is very durable, reliable, heavy, able to withstand heavy loads. When buying a natural stone countertop, pay attention to the fact that granite can oxidize when interacting with certain chemical detergents. The structure of marble is very porous and is able to absorb water. The cost of products made of natural stone is high.
As an inexpensive analogue, you can use artificial stone. It is a composition of stone dust with the addition of various resins. Such a material in appearance is no different from a natural stone, but surpasses it in strength and resistance to various detergents. Countertops made of laminated chipboard and MDF are also very relevant.
Laminated countertops are easy to maintain, resistant to temperature extremes. At the same time, good color variety allows you to find a solution for the design of any kitchen. A laminated tabletop at a cost will be cheaper than similar options made of stone or metal.
When choosing a modern kitchen, it doesn’t matter from which material it is made: natural or artificial. The main thing is that it is environmentally safe, comfortable and functional.
Choosing furniture for the kitchen, you should give preference to quality materials and components, such furniture will be able to please you for a long time.