When choosing colors for the interior of the kitchen are based mainly on their own preferences. In most cases, choose classic shades, for fear of bright colors and complex combinations. The use of lilac in the interior of the kitchen can not be called a traditional solution. It is rarely used, although even small patches of this flower color look fresh and soft, as can be seen by looking at the photo. The design of the lilac kitchen can strike with its lightness, refinement and originality.
Lilac is considered quite democratic and universal, so designers use it in all styles.
Lilac color in the interior
Lilac is formed by merging the two main colors of the spectrum - blue and red. It is associated with flowering lilac bushes and spring freshness. Lilac colors prefer sensitive and creative natures. This color is able to stimulate creativity. It has a calming effect on the psyche, helps to relax and immerse yourself in their fantasies. The interior design of the kitchen in lilac color can be seen in the photo.
Lilac fits perfectly into the interior of the kitchen, combined with the living room
Attention! An overabundance in the interior of dark or saturated shades of lilac can lead to depression, a depressed state.
The lilac color is not recommended for use in apartments where melancholic people live, as they cause a feeling of anxiety in them. You should not choose it and too active people, because lilac brings peace.
Lilac shades give nobility to the interior of the room
Combination with other colors
- White. Lilac-white interior looks light and fresh, but cold. This combination is more suitable for kitchens with windows facing the sunny side. White color allows you to make the room more visually. View photos of the kitchen in the white-purple color below.
- Beige, milky, vanilla. The combination of violet with these pastel colors looks gentle.
- Pink. The lilac-pink combination contributes to the creation of a warm atmosphere, romantic design. This interior is more suitable for women. The combination of pink and lilac in the interior of the kitchen can be seen in the photo.
- The black. Against this strict color purple looks bright, contrast, this situation should be diluted with light shades, so as not to make the kitchen gloomy. If you combine the two colors correctly, you can create an atmosphere of mystery, mystery.
- Brown. The color of natural wood gives the room a homely feel. It goes well with the color of lilac. The combination of purple and brown in the interior of the kitchen can be seen in the photo.
- Bronze and gold. These two noble colors will look good in the purple kitchen, the main thing is not to overdo it. It is better to use bronze and gold in details: furniture fittings, mirrors and paintings, wallpaper drawing, cutlery.
- Green. Lilac-green combination is often found in nature. So green stems and leaves border the flowers of lavender, violets, lilacs, blackheads. Therefore, green will never be an extra color in the interior of the lilac kitchen. It is not necessary to install green furniture. It will be enough to arrange the pots with greens.
- Gray. This color looks good in the kitchen, along with purple. It makes the interior more restrained and well maintained. But if you do not dilute this duet with warm tones, the situation will be cool and uncomfortable.
- Yellow. The effect of this sunny color on lilac depends on the hue of the latter. So the pale purple tone will be lost against the background of yellow, it will become gray, inexpressive, but the bright lilac will look cheerful. The interior design of the kitchen is yellow and purple in color.
All shades of lilac color look very organic with white color.
Attention! The abundance of poisonous bright colors can cause eye fatigue. The interior elements of rich color should be used dosed.
If it is impossible to install a headset of this color, connoisseurs can paint the walls of the kitchen or use lilac decor.
Kitchen design options
The owners, who prefer the lilac color, should decide on which elements of the interior should be highlighted with this color.
Lilac kitchen wall will be a highlight of the interior. The set can be both muted and bright colors. You can balance the juicy colors of the facades with the help of a tabletop and an apron of white colors. For a small area, it is recommended to select a set with a glossy surface, and for a large area - with a matte finish. A photo of the white-purple kitchen unit can be seen below.
In order not to overwhelm the kitchen in purple, you can only use it for the design of the lower cabinets of the headset
To decorate the walls of the kitchen, you can choose any shade: from rich purple to pastel light lilac. You can decorate the vertical surface with paint or wallpaper, as in the photo. What wallpaper to choose for the purple kitchen? The best option is vinyl wallpaper. You can choose a plain canvas or with a purple pattern. If you plan to glue bright lilac wallpaper on the walls, it means that the furniture should be selected in light shades.
Walls painted in lilac shades look homely and stylishly
Tip! For kitchens with windows facing north, warm pinkish tones will suit wallpapers, and with windows to the south cool colors with an admixture of blue.
Modern stretch ceilings can be of any color. Violet ceiling looks really original. He will be able to become the hallmark of the kitchen, surprise any guest. A sophisticated and original solution - to use monochrome tiles of purple color or white tiles with a purple pattern to finish the floor.
You can use lilac wallpaper for wall decoration.
The easiest and cheapest option to dilute the interior of the kitchen with lilac paints is to select decorative elements of this color. On the shelves and behind glass facades you can arrange the purple dishes, on the windowsill - bright pots with fresh flowers, hang a picture on the wall in violet tones, arrange window openings with lilac curtains or tulle. In addition, in lilac color, you can pick up covers for chairs, tablecloths, lamps, and more. The design of the kitchen with the decor in lilac color is presented in the photo.
Lilac kitchen in different styles
Despite its not very widespread popularity, lilac color will perfectly fit into many interior styles.
Lilac in traditional classical style is present mainly in dark colors. Luxurious purple color can be found in the curtains, upholstery of chairs, floor lamps. The combination with a golden, white, cream, sandy shade looks harmoniously. Light tones of violet in classicism are used less frequently. They can be seen in the ornament of wallpaper or tulle.
Strict rectangular shapes of cabinets, deaf monophonic facades, laconic fittings - these are the main characteristics of the modern style headset. It is on the even smooth facades of the kitchen wall that the lilac color can manifest itself, demonstrate its attractiveness and expressiveness. Lilac furniture will be a bright accent on the background of the walls in white, beige or gray. Photos of the design of a simple corner kitchen of lilac color can be seen below.
For the design of the kitchen of this modern style, both light and dark saturated lilac tones are acceptable. The kitchen must be equipped with a large number of lamps to demonstrate their advantages not only in natural light. Glossy glossy facades with solid doors will look great in purple. Chrome elements, glass surfaces and an abundance of built-in modern technology will complement the picture of the modern interior. A photo of a small straight line high-tech lilac kitchen can be seen below.
In this style the lilac color of any saturation will look good. They can highlight any part of the interior: walls, ceiling, floor, furniture, decor. Lilac can be combined with any other bright color, for example, lime, hot pink, scarlet. The main rule is the obligatory presence of white. Otherwise, the atmosphere in the kitchen will be aggressive. Interior design purple kitchen can be seen in the photo.
The color of lavender is one of the main colors used in the French provincial style. It is suitable for wall decoration, furniture, decor. To create a light and delicate interior, lilac pastel colors are combined with white, sandy, soft pink. For the kitchen, it is recommended to use white textiles with the image of purple colors: curtains, tablecloth, napkins, pot holders, chair covers.
Creating a kitchen design in lilac tones is an original solution that will allow you to create an interesting interior. So that the situation does not get bored quickly, you should choose the right shades, carefully combine with other colors. If the owners do not want to spend time and money on a new purple trim and headset, then a less expensive and more versatile way is to add lilac as small details.