Large capacity juicer for apples
In the autumn, when apples are ripening at the dacha, you need to figure out what to do with them: spin compotes, cook jam, make mashed potatoes or stock up on juices. Home apple juice will bring the greatest benefit, since It is in it that almost all vitamins and beneficial properties are preserved. And in order to stock up on it with the required amount, one cannot do without an apple juicer.
Features and benefits
To choose a juicer that is right for you, you need to decide which characteristics of the device are most important and what type of device is better: screw or centrifugal. Let's see what the differences are.
The most common juicers of the following types:
Centrifugal Juicer with a cylindrical separator provides up to 90% of the juice of the mass of loaded apples. But the disadvantage is that it needs to be cleaned manually, since there is no automatic dumping of the cake. This causes some inconvenience if you need a large amount of juice.
In juicers with a conical separator there is a special container, through which you can not be interrupted for cleaning. But the percentage of finished juice is small - almost 70%. Ideal for processing a large number of apples, as it works very quickly.
Auger juicers are most popular today because they have a number of advantages compared to others:
- low revs. Thanks to this work, the juice in the squeezing process does not heat up and retains more useful properties;
- dry cake does not remain inside, and goes through a special hole, which allows you to work almost without interruption;
- low power consumption, which will not ruin you when you pay your electricity bills;
- maximum yield of the finished drink - up to 95% of the mass of apples;
- does not create a lot of noise;
- suitable not only for processing apples, but also the rest of fruits and vegetables.
Usually all juicers are divided into several types depending on the type of action and purpose. However, their classification is more diverse, and if you know it, you can choose the most suitable juicer from all presented. Juicers can be classified by:
- installed drive;
- principle of action;
- destination areas.
- Drive unit
Almost all of the current juicers installed electric drive. However, there are still some samples that work from a person’s physical fitness. Both of these species have a number of advantages and disadvantages. Consider more:
- Electric. The main advantage of electric professional juicers is convenience in work, due to the installed engine, which ensures high-speed operation. This is especially useful when it comes to large quantities of fruit. You just need to turn on the juicer, put the apples, push them with the pusher, if necessary, wash the device after use.
The disadvantages of these machines are:
- high enough price, which can seriously "pat" the budget;
- heating during operation, which means frequent breaks;
- high consumption of electricity, respectively, increase the cost of paying bills;
- possible failure of the engine.
- Hand held To get a drink you have to work hard, because without it, you will not get a drop of juice. This leads to fairly strong physical exertion and a waste of a large amount of time, which is undoubtedly a huge minus for this species. And since without the direct participation of a person, juice does not produce, all your attention should be riveted to it. But there are undoubted advantages:
- low product price and ease of operation;
- no overpayment for electricity;
- silent operation;
- can handle any amount of fruit;
- in the resulting juice more useful qualities and vitamins;
- high spin result.
According to the principle of the juicer are divided into centrifugal, press and screw.
- Centrifugal view of juicers not used for production and industrial purposes. Advantages of this type:
- high fruit processing speed;
- suitable for whole fruits;
- do not require the presence of the operator;
- strong noise at work;
- does not recycle soft foods;
- high price;
- juice output volume up to 90%.
- The screw juice extractor has the advantages:
- up to 95% of the resulting juice;
- preserve all vitamins;
- low power consumption;
- processing and hard and soft fruits;
- silent operation;
The downsides are:
- high price;
- will not work for large volumes of fruit;
- the narrow neck does not allow to process apples entirely.
- Juicers Press Type It is much cheaper than others, and can be used for industrial purposes. The disadvantages include continuous monitoring by the operator.
- Household. They are intended for use at home and in the country, respectively, for small amounts of processing. Suitable for processing vegetables and fruits grown on the dacha. The cost is low and quite acceptable for most people. The dimensions of the device are compact. Not suitable for industrial use.
- Professional. They are characterized by high power, high performance and high speed. For use in the home such a juicer would be clearly unnecessary and too expensive. They are used in catering establishments (cafes, canteens, etc.).
- Industrial. The name speaks for itself. Widely used in production, have high performance and speed. Used for processing apples and other vegetables, fruits, fruits. Installed in industrial premises.
- To destination.
Almost always juicers are universal, but not always the characteristics of the device will allow to process certain types of fruit. Therefore, juicers can be divided into citrus fruits, for the processing of hard fruits, for the processing of stone fruits, universal.
- Citrus. Such devices are thin, have a narrow specialization, and are suitable for processing oranges, grapefruits and other citrus fruits. In juicers there is a knife of a special conical shape with a ribbed surface.
- For processing hard fruit. High power juicers. They first break the fruit, and only then squeeze the juice from the pulp. Cake remains in a special container.
- For processing stone fruits. If the extraction of juice in a conventional machine will require the removal of pits, then this type of machine is not. Such juicers have an increased size of some parts, which does not allow them to clog and does not allow the stones to get into the finished juice.
- Universal. High-performance machines with high power and a wide range of applications. They are suitable for processing fruits of any type. And thanks to the large number of nozzles included in the kit, you can make not only juice, but also use it as a meat grinder.
Device and principle of operation
Professional Juicer must satisfy a number of conditions that characterize her work. The main components of the machine should be made of stainless steel, because it is mechanically durable and does not oxidize at work. Also, the juicer must be disassembled to clean and dry after work. Accordingly, it should be easy to understand and assemble. The kit should include the main knives, which are most often used in the work.
Knife for grinding can go in a standard set, and can be bought separately. Juice collection cup should be conveniently located for the person working with the machine. It is important not to overheat the engine.
The principle of operation of semi-automatic juicers is simple: fruits are ground into porridge, from which the juice is squeezed. In other words, you first put the fruit in a special device for loading, then push it with a pusher onto a special disk that works like a grater. The result is a porridge, from which the juice itself chokes. The drink flows into a special cup, and the porridge remains in a special container.
Automatic Juicers suitable for processing whole fruits and practically do not require human presence. Fill a special compartment, press the start button, and then the machine will do everything itself: cut the fruit and move it to the spin drum. You will only enjoy the resulting juice.
What and how to choose
When choosing a juicer, pay special attention to some of its characteristics:
- the device should not move on the surface, therefore, the legs should be rubberized;
- food opening width. It is more convenient to work with a juicer, for which you do not need to cut the fruit, but you can process them whole.
- speed control option. High processing speeds are not needed for all types of fruit. Thanks to the possibility of regulation, you yourself can choose what speed is needed for this type of product.
- power device. The volume of the produced drink directly depends on the power. The larger it is, the more juice you will get.
- rotational speed. Another indicator that determines the amount of drink. The greater the speed with which the centrifuge rotates, the more drink.
- the material from which the parts are made. For high-quality durable operation of the device, it is important that all parts are made of durable materials such as food steel. Pay your attention to the centrifuge mesh - it should not be oxidized.
- bowl capacity. Juicer bowls should contain a sufficient amount of products so as not to stop working every minute to clean them. Choose a juicer with large containers.
- no foam. Here it is important to have a foam separator, which removes almost all the foam formed in the process, and at the same time does not stop the work on squeezing the juice for a minute.
- availability of the automatic cake release function. This will not stop the work in order to clean the juicer from the meal manually.
How to do it yourself
Yes, yes, and this is possible. And now it is not about those times when there were no household appliances. There are many ways to make a juicer out of available tools. They are mainly used for country work, when for one reason or another it is not possible to bring a juicer from home. Consider the easiest and fastest way.
Juicer from the drum of an old washing machine (or bucket)
The most important thing is to prepare all the necessary elements. For the manufacture of such a juicer you will need: a mixer, a drill, a bucket or drum of a washing machine, a basin, a stone for a press. Before you start collecting the juicer, rinse and dry all parts thoroughly. So, the main stages of creation:
- Mixer. The most difficult step is the manufacture of a mixer that will chop the fruit. This problem is solved simply: a mixer is purchased, and then it is put on the drill.
- Drum. Directly in it and the process of grinding products. Here come the drum from the washing machine, because it already has the necessary side openings for juice flow. If there is no drum, then take the usual large metal bucket. Make in it the side holes for juice.
- Grinding products. The prepared bucket must be put in the basin, in which all the juice will be collected. Put the washed fruits in a bucket and proceed to grinding them with a mixer. A small amount of juice will begin to flow through the holes. After the grinding process is completed, you will need a press.
- Press. Press is needed in order to squeeze the most juice. The press can be anything, if only heavy and solid: a wooden beam, for example. If you are in the village, then surely you have a stone, which is pressed down sauerkraut. This stone will be very useful for squeezing the juice.
- Picking juice. Put the press on the chopped fruit and begin to press hard. As a result, fruit juice will flow out of the holes and collect in the pelvis. Pour the resulting juice into a jar and tightly close the lid (if it comes to blanks for the winter) or enjoy the juice obtained immediately.
Read more about this fascinating process of creating a juicer from a former washing machine - in this video.
Now you know how to make a juicer. But is it really necessary for modern man? Is that as an entertainment process.
Overview of the best manufacturers
Now, knowing what types and types of juicers are, you can conduct an introductory review of the best models. Apples are mainly processed on an industrial scale by Russia, Belarus and the CIS countries. Therefore, we consider the best of juicers in these countries.
This juice extractor is made in Russia (the Belarusian analog - MEP). It can process large volumes of fruit. The device has a high power - 200 W, weighs 13 kg and is able to process up to 70 kg of fruit per hour. The effectiveness of its work is only 50%. Unconditional advantages of this model is high performance. the quality of the juice and the ability to download whole apples. But the disadvantages include a strong vibration during operation and the absence of a release of oil cake. Therefore, the Rossoshanka juicer must often be stopped and the oilcans cleaned by hand. If this is not done, the cake will accumulate inside the centrifuge, which will increase vibration and may lead to breakage of the unit. It is worth noting the democratic price of the device - about 6000 rubles.
Russian predecessor Rossoshanka juicer. It is still in demand in certain circles, thanks to increased stamina. The power of the device is 400 W, with a weight of 13 kg. Device capacity 60 kg of fruit per hour (corresponds to 1 liter per minute), which corresponds to an efficiency of 50%. In the other characteristics, everything is similar to the Rossoshanka juicer. The price of Salute is about 4900 rubles.
Neptune Juicer - Another representative of the domestic manufacturer. High-performance: processes 120-180 kg of apples per hour, which is equal to 60 liters of juice, the effectiveness of its work is relatively small - 30-55%. The power consumption of the device is only 320 W, and the weight is only 8 kg. However, it has significant drawbacks: it gives a small percentage of juice and is not able to process soft fruit varieties, since when processing them, it turns out not juice, but mashed potatoes. Juicer can work without stopping long enough. And the price of the device is about 4000 rubles.
One of the worthy representatives of juicers produced in Russia. Has the highest performance of all listed - produces 1 liter of juice per minute. Its technical characteristics are reminiscent of Rossoshanka juicer, because they are based on the same production standard. Power of the device makes 280 W, and efficiency of 50%. The device weighs a little - 10.5 kg and is suitable for processing whole fruits. It would seem that there are so many advantages in the presented car, so why doesn’t it take the lead? This is because it has one drawback, which overlaps the advantages - the internal grid cannot be disassembled, so it is very difficult to clean it upon completion of work. The price of a juicer starts from 5,000 rubles.