Today it is hard to imagine a modern home without a washing machine. This device greatly facilitates the life of housewives, becoming an indispensable home assistant. Usually, the washing machine is installed in the bathroom, but if a small area is allocated for the bathroom, the household appliance is placed in another room, for example, in the kitchen. The interior of the kitchen with a washing machine can look attractive, as in the photo. The main thing is to choose the right place for installation.
Kitchen with integrated washing machine looks beautiful and modern
Features of the installation of a washing machine in the kitchen
The washing machine can successfully fit into the interior of the kitchen, merge with a set or other appliances: dishwasher, oven, refrigerator. Before you put a washing machine in the kitchen, you should consider all the pros and cons of such a decision.
The positive aspects of the installation in the kitchen of a household appliance, designed to wash clothes, include:
- Saving bathroom space.
- Compliance with fire safety regulations. In accordance with them, the installation of electrical appliances in a room with high humidity is prohibited.
- Ease of use of household appliances, which will be located in one place. Mistress, doing household chores, do not have to constantly run between the kitchen and bathroom. In the process of cooking, you can monitor the laundry. The design of a small kitchen with a washing machine can be seen in the photo.
- Easy installation due to the proximity of communications.
The advantages of a built-in washing machine are that it can harmoniously fit into the kitchen interior
The negative aspects of the placement of the washing machine in the kitchen include:
- The need for airing. According to the rules of operation after washing, the drum of the device should be kept open. A specific smell from an electrical appliance may spread through the kitchen. In addition, the open door occupies free space, prevents movement around the room.
- Use of household chemicals. Means for washing can be dangerous for the body.
- Storage of dirty laundry. Clothes that need to be washed are often thrust into the drum, which, because of this, becomes a source of unpleasant smell.
You can choose a standard model with front loading and organically fit it into the kitchen set
Tip! When loading the washing powder into the machine, its particles rise into the air and settle on food. To avoid this, in the kitchen you can use household chemicals in the form of gels.
Types of washing machines
According to the installation method, washing machines are divided into:
- Stand alone. They look aesthetically beautiful, can be installed anywhere, transferred to another room. Kitchen design with washing machine and refrigerator can be seen below.
- Embedded. Externally, such models without a cabinet look not very attractive. They are equipped with fastenings for doors on the front panel and a special ledge for the basement of kitchen furniture. Installed inside the headset machine looks nice and neat.
Examples of the placement of built-in washing machines in the kitchen
Tip! The dimensions of the embedded device must be less than the size of the cabinet intended for it.
By way of loading washing machines are divided into:
- Horizontal (front loading). The hatch is located on the front panel. The upper part of the appliance can be used as a cabinet, place any objects on it or install a tabletop and use it as a work surface.
- Vertical. On such models, access to the drum is obtained from the top panel. You can build it into the headset only by leaving the top fully open or by installing a lifting tabletop.
Built-in front-loading washing machine
Built-in washing machine in the kitchen with top loading
Ways of locating the washing machine in the kitchen
The best place for a washing machine in the kitchen is close to the sink. The household appliance can be quickly installed and connected, since all the necessary communications will be close to it: water and sewage. You can locate the appliance in any corner of the room, but if it is away from the sink, you will have to pull water and sewer hoses across the room, which is not a practical solution.
Example of placing a washing machine in the kitchen at the sink
A practical option is to place the washing machine under the sink. Only suitable for small families, as it involves the use of a compact device up to 60 cm high.
Washing machine in the kitchen interior under the sink
The corner is a part of the room that is rarely used, so a bulky household appliance can be placed in the corner part of the kitchen near the sink. In such a situation, it is better to purchase a model with a vertical load. Below are photos of the corner kitchen with a washing machine.
The washing machine can be installed in the corner of the kitchen near the window
Under the table top
Often a washing machine is placed under a single tabletop. At the same time it should be on the same level with other floor elements of the headset. If the machine with the tabletop is higher than the other surfaces, the top cover of the device can be removed.
The washing machine is located in the kitchen by the window under the tabletop.
If the laundry device is installed near the oven, it is recommended to put heat-insulating material between them in order to avoid overheating of the appliance.
Tip! Pipe cleaning and laundry detergents can be stored under the sink.
Since the washing machine is on display, its appearance should be in harmony with the facades of the kitchen wall. The most common body colors: black, white, silver and milky. On sale you can find models of yellow, blue, red, blue colors. It will cost more, but it will create a unique highlight in the interior, a device with a bright print of vegetable themes. If you wish, you can decorate the device using original stickers yourself.
Behind the doors of the headset
The washing machine can be placed inside any floor module of the kitchen wall. The household appliance, hidden behind the doors of the headset, will be protected from inquisitive glances, as well as from contact with drops of water and fat. In addition, the door muffles the noise of the appliance. In order not to allow children to the appliance, a lock can be installed on the cabinet door. Below are photos of the kitchen with a washing machine in Khrushchev.
Household appliance installation rules
Before you install a washing machine in the kitchen, you need to familiarize yourself with a number of rules and nuances:
- If the owners plan to store household chemicals in the kitchen, leave about 20 cm of space between the walls of the cabinet and the built-in machine. This distance is enough to place the bottles and boxes for washing clothes there.
- In the process of pressing the washing machine vibrates, so there should be a gap of 2-3 cm between it and the walls of the furniture.
- It is necessary to think in advance about finishing the floor. It must be smooth and rough, so that the appliance can stand securely in its place.
- It is recommended to wear special rubber pads on the legs of a household appliance. They are necessary to ensure stability, reduce noise and vibration.
- You should consider the availability of free space for opening the door of the washing machine. It should be about 70-80 cm.
Installing a washing machine in the kitchen allows you to intelligently plan a useful living space. In order for the household appliance to work for a long time and properly, did not interfere with the hostess, before installing it you need to take into account all the nuances.
With the right choice of type and placement method, a washing machine can become not only a functional element, but also an interior decoration.