The kitchen is a non-living room, but many people spend quite a large part of their time in this room. Often the kitchen also has the functions of a dining room and living room. Due to the wide range of building materials on the market, there are many opportunities to implement even the most complex projects. Due attention should be paid to the design of the walls in the kitchen, as this is the largest finishing surface, which sets the tone for the interior of the entire room.
Modern materials allow you to create real masterpieces in the kitchen
Features of the design of the walls themselves
If the design of the walls in the kitchen to do their own hands, it is worth remembering a few features that may affect the final result.
- Embodying even the most complex and unusual project, you need to remember about the purpose of the room, convenience, practicality and ergonomics.
- Since there is often dampness in the room, various contaminants and high temperatures, it is necessary to use materials with moisture and fire resistance, resisting mechanical stress and contamination, or to treat surfaces with special compounds.
- Before purchasing all the necessary materials it is better to make an estimate. This will help to calculate all unforeseen expenses, not to forget anything, to calculate an approximate plan of action.
- It is important to know the manufacturers, to read reviews about them, since poor-quality materials not only will not serve for a long time, but can also have a detrimental effect on health. Unscrupulous manufacturers often use toxic raw materials in order to save.
You can create your own spectacular interior using ordinary wall paint.
Before you decide on the style and way of decorating the walls, you should think about what color you want to see your kitchen. Each color has a certain effect on the psycho-emotional state of a person, therefore, this issue should be approached responsibly. Consider the basic shades:
- Red color stimulates the nervous system and appetite, gives decisiveness and strength, invigorates;
- Blue calms, promotes concentration;
- Orange cheers, causes positive thoughts, sets up a creative way;
- Yellow encourages intellectual work;
- Green will create an atmosphere of spirituality;
- The interior with the use of violet color or its shades for the walls in the kitchen will add romance.
Peach shades help to create a cozy atmosphere in the interior of the kitchen
Paint the walls - an economical option, but this does not mean that the kitchen will look cheap. Properly chosen color solution will help to visually expand the space or add light, add extravagance to the style or recreate a calm atmosphere. Choose the design of the kitchen, made by painting the walls with water-based paint, help ideas on the photo.
- Light and pastel colors will give the opportunity to visually expand the space, add a feeling of a sunny day in the room.
- Saturated and dark shades will help to correct uneven walls in some places.
- The combination of dark and light colors with the help of contrast can make the room more square or rectangular.
The yellow color of the walls in the kitchen gives a sunny mood
Tip! If you make the three walls light and the wall of the working area is dark, then you can visually expand the space, making the workplace more practical, since dirt on the dark wall will be less noticeable.
The white color of the walls is considered the most versatile and fits perfectly into the interior of the kitchen.
Making the walls in the kitchen with your own hands using paint includes many options. There is an erroneous opinion that such a technique implies one-color smooth walls without any pattern. Thanks to the materials with different textures and tools, recreating the drawing, you can make the design of the walls in the kitchen, as in the photo, which compares with any interior from a professional magazine. The advantage of this decoration is that it will not have to carry out almost any preliminary work.
The light green color of the walls makes the interior bright and fresh.
Wallpapers are the most popular wall covering. Due to the variety of textures, materials and palettes, they are found in almost every home. The design of the walls in the kitchen wallpaper will save time. Such a finish offers a variety of solutions and options, allows you to turn fantasy. In addition to the well-known paper, non-woven, vinyl, acrylic wallpaper, there are many types of liquid, textile, metal, fiberglass, natural. Striking pictures can be recreated with photo wallpaper.
Wallpapering is the easiest and most effective way to design walls in the kitchen
An unusual interior of the kitchen will help to make the wall on which the wallpaper with built-in Led light will shine. Photos of these and other unusual wallpapers constantly appear on the pages of specialized magazines and websites. Thanks to the development of technology, many unusual patterns have appeared. You can purchase interactive wallpapers that respond to touch; samples with digital printing or visual illusions; imitating other textures - fur, velvet, leather, marble, etc.
The kitchen will look great wallpaper with a floral print or an image of fruit
There are four types of plaster, different composition: acrylic, silicate, silicone, mineral. To finish the walls of the kitchen plaster is better to use an acrylic sample. This material is eco-friendly, easy to paint, dries quickly, does not require an ideal surface and is moisture resistant. It is more difficult to choose the technique of application and brand, because the variety is offered to the consumer. Next will be considered the most popular designs of the walls in the kitchen with a photo.
Venetian plaster in the interior of the kitchen looks very organic and luxurious
Features of the design of the walls in the kitchen do it yourself using plaster:
- Not the most economical option;
- Requires careful preparatory work;
- It is necessary to use a primer that will reduce the consumption of plaster, prevent the appearance of fungus and insects;
- The brighter the surface, the greater the consumption of the final coating;
- The drying period lasts more than two weeks.
Under the stone
Such decoration of the walls of the kitchen decorative plaster is also called Venetian, or Venetian plaster. The structure of this finishing material includes baby stone from natural stone (jasper, marble, onyx, malachite, granite, etc.). This coating will easily give pathos to the room and make an aristocratic dining room out of the kitchen. It is applied in a smooth layer or is shaped in relief.
Coating with bark beetle, craquelure, etc. creates an aging effect, which is why they are often used in varieties of country style. The design of the walls with such a property in the kitchen can be easily recreated with your own hands with a coating that contains capsules that burst after application and ensure abrasion.
Such a plaster imitating bare concrete walls is used to decorate the walls or their parts in the high-tech or industrial style kitchen with their own hands. The original option is art concrete - this is the same plaster for concrete, only different bright colors for every taste and for any style.
It is a relief plaster with the application of clear patterns or drawings through a stencil. The pattern can be a different color from the main background.
Tip! To close the plaster from contamination in the work area, you can use a transparent wall panel.
Walls decorated with wood look fashionable and eco-friendly. This solution is suitable for eco-style, country, Provence or modern.
Wood is a good heat and sound insulation material, durable, durable, environmentally friendly. Easily combined with other textures. As a rule, the decoration of kitchen walls with wood looks very authentic, resembling a country house, made with clapboard or board. The source material must be coated with a special compound to ensure the durability of the lining. Circular saws, which spread the surface, give a more unusual look to the wall. You can cover the whole area with a tree or use it as a decorative element.
To finish the walls of the kitchen with MDF panels, you should choose laminated samples, since the panels are made from wood waste. The production of this material lies in the fact that raw wood is pressed under high temperature without other binders. Thanks to this, the panels are very environmentally friendly. Other advantages:
- Easy installation;
- Low price;
- Installation is possible in vertical, horizontal and diagonal positions;
- Between the wall and the panels there is space for cables and wires;
- Resistant to mechanical damage;
- Wide color palette and lots of pictures.
There are glossy, painted and veneered types of panels. Decorating the walls of the kitchen with MDF panels on the photo gives a feeling of a wooden room. Design of painted MDF can be seen in the photo. Despite the durability of the paint, such panels are not toxic. Well washed from dirt. Possess a bright appearance.
Kitchen design with MDF panels in the photo using 3D-panels looks luxurious. This is a new trend in the field of cladding panels. Due to the volumetric pattern, an impression of a relief surface is created.
Do-it-yourself kitchen from MDF is simple and economical. For a bolder solution, you can purchase panels of different colors and try to carry out some complicated project. You can look at the design idea on various photos of MDF kitchen panels. The disadvantages of this lining are flammability, deformation from exposure to moisture.
Often began to appear photo, where you can see the decoration of the walls of the kitchen laminate. A positive feature of this material is that the laminate looks as beautiful as MDF, but costs less. It is a practical, easy to install, durable version, with a wide palette of colors. Such laminate wall finish looks like a good, expensive wood, in no way inferior in appearance to expensive materials. Not only in the photo is difficult to distinguish from the tree.
Finishing tiles, decorative brick or ceramic panels for a long time will allow you to forget about the repair work. It is a durable material, resistant to moisture, fire, light, destruction. Having laid out one wall or its part with a decorative brick, the impression of a piece of building sticking out from under the decoration will be created. This technique is often used in lofts. Design the walls in the kitchen using tiles. Photos of their decoration.
Walls are decorated with ceramic panels faster than tiles or bricks. It looks very impressive, emphasizing the clarity of the lines.
Ideas for the accent wall
The design of the walls in the kitchen should be made bright, but not strikingly accentuated, but not intrusive - so that it was possible to be close to it. Some tricks cannot be applied to the whole room, otherwise the kitchen will look messy and tasteless. Sometimes it is enough to arrange unusually only one of the walls for the interior to change.
- The mirror surface is an unusual design of the walls in the kitchen above the dining table, but very bright. In this way, you can visually expand the space, add light, highlight the refectory zone.
- The wall decor in the kitchen with the help of cutting boards looks cozy even on the photo. Boards and other items of kitchen utensils create a warm homely and the impression of boiling around the work.
- The design of the clock or the design of the kitchen walls with padlocks, old big keys, decorative plates will create the impression of a hut or a fabulous house.
- The design of the walls for the kitchen looks more luxurious, if instead of objects on the wall hang paintings, pots with fresh flowers.
- Stained glass window Having installed a stained glass window in front of a monophonic wall, you will get a wonderful picture of rays, and the room will be filled with bright colors.
- A rock. Spreading vast areas with natural stone is expensive, but the atmosphere will be too gothic. But to make slopes with such material is the right decision.
- The original solution would be to give paint in the hands of children and allow the forbidden - to paint on the walls. Now it is a very fashionable trend.
On the shelves of specialized stores, markets and building supermarkets presents a wide range of products for decoration. There are no obstacles for the realization of even the most extraordinary ideas with their own hands. Following the above, you can get an idea about the future strategy, choose a style for your kitchen and easily draw up a plan for further actions.