Kitchen transforming table for a small kitchen
The kitchen table-transformer is gaining its popularity every day. And for good reason. Many apartments in our country have a rather small kitchen, and it is very difficult to arrange a full-fledged dining area on it.
Features and benefits
Of course, this is an ideal option for a kitchen where there is not enough space for high-grade furniture, and even a bar counter cannot be organized. Buying this attribute of the situation, you do not clutter up the space, allow yourself to easily move around the kitchen.
But besides this, there are a few more advantages in the installation of the transformer table.
- Stylish look and a wide variety of models will allow you to choose this furniture for any kitchen interior.
- Ease of management does not make it difficult for you to fold and fold it.
- Reliability mechanisms, they will be enough for one year of intensive use.
- When choosing some models, it is possible to change not only the tabletop area, but also its height, turning into a coffee table when folded.
- The design allows you to increase the dimensions at least twice.
The only drawback of this furniture is the need to fold them out, but this is easy and does not take you much time and effort.
Manufacturers, taking into account the needs of small apartments, have developed a whole line of different models of transforming tables for the kitchen.
- Glass. Enjoys special popularity. Great for kitchens decorated in the style of minimalism or high-tech. But for a room with a simple urban design, it will be quite appropriate to look.
Transparent properties of glass will add lightness to the interior. Such a table does not clutter an already small room.
Glass as a material is environmentally friendly, safe and hypoallergenic. Even after a long time, it will not begin to emit harmful substances.
Also, glass surfaces are not afraid of moisture and elevated temperatures, especially if the material from which they are made is hardened. This glass has a thickness of 10 cm. Not afraid of chips, scratches and other mechanical damage. But still in the operation of glass furniture do not forget what material it is made from.
Glass tables-transformers have a huge range of colors and ornaments, it is possible to arrange the table and the kitchen apron in the same style. Recently, photo printing on the table top has been very popular. Do not be afraid that such coverage over time will be damaged or rubbed. The film is applied from the inside and does not come into contact with kitchen utensils.
Transforming tables made of glass in the assembled state practically do not take up space. They can be used as a stand for flowers or pedestals, and if necessary, expand and get a full-fledged dining area.
- Wooden. Standard material for making furniture. Usually they are heavy and massive, but this does not apply to transforming tables at all. Here, furniture manufacturers also took care of small apartments. And now furnish a small kitchen in a rustic style, art deco or classic is not difficult.
The shape of the transforming tables made of wood is diverse: round, square, oval, rectangular. Very often, a square table in the folded state is transformed into an oval during decomposition.
The color range is also different: from the color of untreated wood, to a variety of tinting or painting.
All material undergoes special processing and is protected from a variety of damage, moisture, scratches, elevated temperatures, even with frequent use, it will last a long time.
Wooden tables will never lose their popularity, because they bring the warmth and coziness of natural material into the interior.
- MDF and chipboard. Tables of these materials are also very popular, but they are very sensitive to increased moisture and temperature changes, so they are usually covered with plastic on top. As a budget option may well be present in the kitchen, especially if you pick up the original tablecloth.
The mechanisms at the table-transformers for the kitchen are varied. This and simple folding designs that can be used in the folded state in the form of a small shelf. And low tables, cabinets, which are displayed on the tabletop large area, behind them you can take guests. And retractable structures that are hidden behind the facade of kitchen sets. There are models of tables in the form of cabinets, having a side with a hinged door on the side, as well as tables consisting of two halves, which are very conveniently hidden under the window sill or in other recesses.
How to choose
Choosing a transforming table for a small-sized kitchen, first of all, you should pay attention to the number of people in the family and the number of guests that you visit. On this basis, determine the required dimensions of this furniture attribute. Then choose a material and color that will be in harmony with the decor and style of your kitchen as a whole.
But whatever table you choose, the main thing is that it is convenient for you to use it, and its operation does not cause you any discomfort. Then this attribute of the kitchen will delight you not one year.