The kitchen is a place where the family spends a lot of time. They gather here not only for eating, but also for celebrating solemn events. The kitchen should be cozy and welcoming. If the kitchen is too small, it cannot accommodate guests, does not allow the hostess to cook comfortably food, it can be combined with another room, such as a living room. At 19 square meters. m of the combined space, you can arrange all the necessary furniture and at the same time the room will not look cluttered. Beautiful photos of the kitchen-living room design 19 sq. m will demonstrate all the advantages of such a decision.
Pros and cons of combining
Before you combine the kitchen and living room together, you should find out whether the wall between them is a partition. If the wall is carrying, then it will not be allowed to dismantle, as this may entail a danger to all residents of the house. Any redevelopment is required to coordinate with government agencies.
The advantages of combining two rooms include:
- Getting a large, spacious and bright room.
- The ability to create an unusual design.
- The hostess will be able to communicate with guests during the cooking time or look after the children in the living room.
- Saving on a separate TV for the kitchen. One large TV, attached to the wall on a swivel bracket, will allow you to watch TV shows sitting on a sofa in the living room and the hostess standing at the stove.
- The hostess will not have to go far to transfer ready meals from the desktop to the dining room.
Considering the question of the feasibility of combining the kitchen and living room, you should learn about the disadvantages of this option:
- In the living room you will hear all the noises accompanying the process of cooking: the sounds of pouring water, the hiss of oil in a frying pan, the work of household appliances and others. They can interfere with relaxing people in the living room.
- Smells from the kitchen will freely enter the recreation area, soak into the upholstery of the sofa, curtains, and carpets. Therefore, it is worth buying upholstered furniture and decor made of practical materials that do not absorb smells and are easily washed. Above the working surface it is imperative to install a powerful hood that will absorb steam and some of the odors.
- In the workspace, you must constantly keep order. If in a separate kitchen you can leave unwashed dishes for a while, then in the combined room, even a small mess will cause irritation. In addition, the kitchen will be open to the attention of all guests who are invited to the living room. The design of the elegant kitchen-living room can be seen in the photo.
Choosing a zoning method
Even at the planning stage, before dismantling the partition, you should decide on the interior of the future premises. In this case, the important point is the choice of the method of dividing space into functional areas. Some of the methods provide not complete, but partial dismantling of the partition between the two rooms. Design square kitchen living room can be seen in the photo.
This stylish and functional piece of furniture can be a highlight of the interior. The size of the bar counter depends on the number of people living. A bar counter with laconic high chairs can become not just a way of zoning, but also a dining area, replacing a full-sized table and chairs. This piece of furniture can be a peninsular part of the headset or stand alone. Often the remaining part of the dismantled wall is used as the base of the rack, on which the countertop is placed.
Depending on the style of the interior, materials for the manufacture of the bar counter are chosen: wood, stone, glass, metal, plastic.
To highlight one of the parts of the kitchen-living room 19 sq. M. m, on its territory, you can make a suspended or suspended ceiling. It will be located lower than the ceiling of another part of the room, for the decoration of which you can use plaster and paint. The stretch or hinged ceiling of bright color effectively looks.
Another option of delimiting the space is to raise the floor in the kitchen, dining room or living room area. Small podium can be used in different ways. You can decorate it with built-in lights or LED strip. A more practical option is to make a box in the podium and store various items in it.
Attention! Installation of multi-level structures reduces the height of the ceilings.
For the working area, the owners usually select practical finishing materials: for the floor - ceramic tile or laminate, for the walls - tile or wallpaper. In the living room you can use less practical materials, for example, for walls - paper wallpaper or wooden wall panels, for the floor - carpet or parquet.
This element of the interior of many people is associated with classicism. In a classic design, the elegantly curved arch of a rounded shape really looks organic, but you can install this design in any other interior. For minimalism or high-tech fit arch rectangular or semi-arch. It looks concisely, divides the space, takes up almost no space. Right in the arch, you can make several shelves to accommodate decorative items.
Depending on the style of the interior, they also choose the material for manufacturing the arch, but the easiest way is to make it yourself out of plasterboard, and then use any suitable material as finishing: wood, MDF, lightweight decorative stone, metal, glass, plastic.
Partition-sliding walls can be an excellent way to zoning. There are many options for their design:
- Completely deaf designs. They can be made of any material: plastic, wood, MDF or chipboard. They will prevent the ingress of odors and sounds from the work area to the recreation area. In addition, they will cover part of the room from guests.
- Partitions made of glass. Transparent surface looks spectacular, transmits light, visually does not take place. Instead of clear glass, you can use frosted, tinted, colored. An interesting design will have a glass surface with a printed pattern.
- Lattice doors. Especially beautiful look lattice designs of natural wood. They let the light through, hide nothing, serve only as a visual way of sharing space.
- Combined. For example, wooden doors will look good in combination with glass or mirror inserts.
Furniture items located in the center of the room are visually perceived as traditional partitions. To separate the kitchen-living room 19 sq. M. m can be used:
- Sofa. It is placed back to the kitchen and the front part - to the recreation area.
- Glass display cabinet. Transparent, as if airy, a piece of furniture will be an excellent decoration of the kitchen-living room, on its shelves you can arrange beautiful objects: vases, figurines, jewelry boxes, dishes.
- Open shelving. Suitable for storing books, various decorative items.
Tip! Cover one of the parts of the room by using thick curtains or light tulle. Curtains made of threads or beads will look elegant and easy in the interior.
19 square meters m can not be called a large area, so for the interior design of the kitchen-living room should not choose the classical styles: baroque, classicism, rococo. For a room more suitable modern design.
Kitchen-living room 19 sq. M. m, decorated in the style of minimalism, will look concise, strict. It has no place for unnecessary details. The set should have deaf facades, the sofa should have wide armrests and low legs, and one-colored upholstery. Strict clear lines should be traced in every element of the interior. The main colors of minimalist design: gray, white, black and brown. You can decorate the interior with a monochrome carpet, several paintings or photographs in a rectangular frame, a mirror.
This French style will help fill the room with light, warmth and comfort. For the design of the kitchen-living room it is necessary to choose simple wooden furniture of pastel colors, which should have an old-fashioned look, a sofa or armchairs with floral patterns on the upholstery. Use of open shelves, glass facades is welcomed. Cabinet furniture should be white, pink, green, blue, blue or lilac. The finishing touches of the interior of the kitchen-living room are light, light curtains on the windows, a tablecloth and handmade napkins.
Mandatory conditions of this style - the presence of modern household appliances. The working area should be equipped with multifunctional household appliances, metal facades of which should not be hidden behind the doors of the cabinets, but it is better, on the contrary, to exhibit them. To decorate the living room wall should a large flat TV. Furniture should please the view with glass elements, glitter of chrome and gloss. Photos of the kitchen-living room design 19 sq. m can be seen below.
Smooth curved lines, asymmetry, designer furniture of unusual shape, floral patterns. All elements of the interior should be comfortable and functional. For zoning the kitchen-living room 19 sq. M. m, you can use the arch or partition with stained glass. The main colors of modern: marsh, blue, brown, smoky, white, gold, silver, olive.
Combining the kitchen and living room is a good solution for owners of small apartments. The combination of two rooms has many advantages. To create a harmonious and cozy interior, you must select the appropriate interior style and properly divide the room into zones. A competent choice of the zoning method will allow you to create an interior in which both the inhabitants of the dwelling and the invited guests will feel comfortable.