When designing a kitchen with a gas boiler on the wall, the basic rule is to ensure complete safety during the operation of the equipment, as well as to create a stylish, comfortable and ergonomic space. In order for bulky and indifferent gas appliances to look harmonious in the interior, it is necessary to know some tricks that will help to arrange the main room in the house - the kitchen.
Properly selected kitchen furniture will help to organically fit the gas boiler into the interior of the room
Features of kitchen design with a boiler
Gas heating is a convenient and modern way to warm a frequent house or apartment. It is comfortable, safe and environmentally friendly. However, even the latest generation of smart gas equipment does not meet the high aesthetic requirements of users and requires appropriate design.
When planning a kitchen design it is necessary to know in advance about the location of the gas boiler, the future stylistic direction of the room, as well as the method of decorating the equipment. At the same time it is necessary to observe the basic safety rules for using gas appliances:
- Observe the free access of air to the equipment;
- Do not block the path to approach it;
- Follow the rules of fire safety.
Thinking out a stylish design with all the safety rules is difficult, but possible
The design of a kitchen with a gas boiler depends on the overall dimensions of the device, as well as on the method of its installation:
- If the equipment is attached and is attached to the wall, then the main methods of its decor are to isolate it as interior details with the help of an ornament or disguise in a special wall cabinet;
- With the floor model of the boiler, the most acceptable way to design it is to install the corresponding case. Sometimes such a pencil case can be modified into the original plasterboard box, which not only hides the boiler, but also unsightly engineering communications, counters. Examples of the implementation of such a design are provided in the following photos.
A neat box in the corner will hide not only the gas boiler, but all communications
Attention! The choice of the method of decoration of gas appliances is closely related to the general stylistic orientation of the room.
Placement of gas equipment
Depending on the general stylistic orientation of the room, one of the types of equipment design in the kitchen interior can be chosen.
An open way to design a gas boiler in the interior of a kitchen implies its isolation as an original element. To do this, experienced designers recommend using the following simple techniques:
- Decoupage This type of design involves the pasting of the external surface of the boiler with the appropriate style stickers and the subsequent opening of its heat-resistant varnish. If the boiler is placed on the floor, the idea of creating an imitation fireplace may be interesting. This option is extremely simple and effective: the correctly chosen stylistic drawings, photographs, contours of images will help to emphasize the features of the interior, will become its individual feature. The following photos will help your inspiration.
- The painting. For those who are well given the art of drawing, there is an original way to highlight the cauldron - to depict stylistic drawings on its surface. This option is good for rural kitchen design.
- Making the boiler with a fancy forged grille. This technique is especially suitable for rural and classic interior styles, as well as create additional protection against small children. Such a lattice will hide inappropriate in this interior modern technology.
Decorative painting of the gas boiler organically fit it into the interior of the kitchen in the style of "Provence"
- Placing equipment in a special wall or floor cabinet. The main requirements for this option - compliance with fire safety equipment, ensuring a sufficient amount of air in the cabinet. To do this, you need to take care of adequate ventilation and eliminate the fire, paving the cabinet inside with foil or similar materials. Such a box should be harmoniously combined with the design elements of the kitchen set, complement it. If the boiler is installed on the floor, then the floor case will become an original way of masking it, not inconsistent with the basic stylistic direction of the kitchen. In addition to the attractive appearance, the case will protect children from penetration to dangerous equipment.
- Masking the gas boiler with textile curtains. This technique is especially suitable for French Provence or American country. Cute cotton or textile elements of the decor will be able to enhance the impression of the chosen direction of design, convince the following photos.
It is best to hide the gas boiler in the kitchen cabinet
A standard kitchen set will not be able to satisfy all the requirements for masking a boiler, since the average dimensions of its drawers will not be able to accommodate such large equipment. In addition, the partitions of furniture structures are not protected from spontaneous combustion.
Decorative wall panel will help to hide the gas boiler communications.
Therefore, if you want to hide the unit inside the furniture cabinet, an individual approach is needed. In this case, you can count on making a camouflage box that will not only satisfy your aesthetic taste, but also be able to meet all safety requirements. Namely:
- Comply with the overall design of the kitchen;
- Have suitable overall dimensions, which leave sufficient clearances for good air exchange;
- Have fireproof partitions that guarantee protection against fire.
The gas boiler can be hidden in a separate box of non-burning materials that fits perfectly into the overall design.
Attention! When installing this design, you can completely abandon the upper and lower components of the box. Thus, the device is facilitated, and air access to the boiler is not limited.
If the gas boiler is located separately from the kitchen set and all communications that ensure the flow of water and gas are visible, then the best way to mask the equipment is to construct a canister. The following photos will give ideas of this design option.
An excellent solution for masking a gas boiler will be a pencil case in the kitchen
Making the gas boiler in various styles
The selection of a boiler as an original interior element or, on the contrary, its concealment, depends on the chosen style approach in kitchen design.
The classical direction does not accept the presence in the interior of any household appliances. Therefore, the best way to design a boiler in this case is to disguise it. A good solution here is to create a cabinet of suitable sizes, taking into account all the necessary safety requirements. The facade of the furniture set will reliably hide the unit and will not change the overall harmony of the room.
So that the gas boiler does not violate the ergonomics of the kitchen, the right decision would be to place it in the very corner of the headset, while ensuring a free approach to it.
Provence or Country
Rural styles are simple and unpretentious. To decorate the boiler in the kitchen in the style of Provence or Country, you need to use one of the original design techniques:
- Hide it with printed textiles. Cotton and linen are the main components of rustic design, so light curtains, chosen to match napkins, sofa cushions and curtains, will be the highlight of the interior, emphasizing and deepening it. Photos presented below will help make sure of this.
- Creating a camouflage cabinet. The most suitable for this style and at the same time safe is a cabinet with a lattice door. He will demonstrate the style of the interior and does not violate safety. Camouflage box can be decorated with wallpaper to match the walls or paint.
- Decoupage or simply painting the boiler in the appropriate color will help solve the problem.
When designing an industrial style loft kitchen, an appropriate element of the interior can be both an un-modern bulky boiler and the latest generation equipment. This direction welcomes the display of all utilities: gas and water pipes, electrical wiring and other things.
Therefore, masking the boiler is not required. Moreover, its original selection and focus on its aesthetics is most inherent in this version.
High-tech style can not be imagined without innovative kitchen equipment. When creating an interior, you will need the latest generation boiler with the original lighting, with a chrome-plated shiny surface that resembles a spacecraft. Masking the boiler is not required, as is decoupage or staining.
The most acceptable option here is the ergonomic arrangement of this equipment next to other kitchen appliances to match it, and its neon glow will create a special mood and comfort in the room.
Original design solutions allow you to turn the gas boiler in the kitchen into a highlight of the interior or to mask it securely.